Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant
Re: Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

Had a guy last weekend SHOW UP at my door Sat morning at 8:00 am..
I was away on the road and emailed him from my work email with my name..He couldnt wait and freeking went online to to the public records and pulled up my home address..
Wow, that is creepy! Did he at least end up buying it?

barato2

Commander

please tell me that isn't the same guy who thought you'd be moved by 500 CASH?

that's the sort of guy who makes you want to make the specialized welcome sign: "WELCOME, FRIENDS! you DID call ahead first??!"......with a bunch of bullet holes coming through the sign from the BACK......

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Wow, that is creepy! Did he at least end up buying it?

nope..his brother in law said BUY it..his wife said nope..lol..guess he doesnt sleep with his BIL

please tell me that isn't the same guy who thought you'd be moved by 500 CASH?

that's the sort of guy who makes you want to make the specialized welcome sign: "WELCOME, FRIENDS! you DID call ahead first??!"......with a bunch of bullet holes coming through the sign from the BACK......

lol..that guy was decent..this guy just appeared..I have a customer that has a sign that says EVERY 3rd SALESMAN WILL BE SHOT AND #2 JUST LEFT!!!!!!

jacobean 08

Cadet

16' Bayliner Capri? fiberglass? Already outdone that with a Lund WC14. Kind of like the idea of having a destroyer in my yard. Keeps people wondering. If I was really in that mindset I'd be pricing a Chieftan. Where did I see that ad for the 26 footer? Now that might cause a stirr around the ole` homestead. Battleship class!

Interesting enough about the Detroit listing I mentioned earlier. Ad asys No E-mails, phone calls only but as of the sixth try no one will answer the phone and no call back. Wondering how you sell something with out ever making contact with a buyer? But I never was good with Marketing. Say, maybe he is the bi-polar brother of the stalker?

I agree with you on the stalker visit. Sounds pretty kreepy to me. Way too much time on his hands.

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

I agree with the destroyer thought Jacobean! If hou have the $$, go for it! There's a 24' crestliner on the previous page for $3500. As for the trailer under the SS, pamaco is a well know brand... looks like a solid trailer.

jacobean 08

Cadet

Thanks Chieftan. Don't know a thing about 72 Mercury's. Do they have issues like the 72 Evinrudes?

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

Thanks Chieftan. Don't know a thing about 72 Mercury's. Do they have issues like the 72 Evinrudes?
Any engine can have problems, but. Merc never did the electric shift thing that Johnson/Evinrude did. Both of the '67 Mercs I've owned have been very reliable.

jacobean 08

Cadet

Sounding better all the time. Got an appointment to have a gander in person tomorrow morning. Gonna take all the good advice learned on this site with me, a good flashlight as well as some cash. Even the stuff from the bottom feeders. Ha, Ha. Who know maybe I'll soon be a Stracraft owner vs. a looker. Want to do this before I get to old to want to do anything.

Still thinking about that 22 ft Chieftan I looked at on Mothers Day.What a sweet ride. Just a little too much for what I need right now and I/O's as a whole scare the crap out of me. Something about cutting a hole in the back of a perfectly good boat just doesn't seem right. I'm probably going to take a whoopin for that comment.

Stevens520

Petty Officer 1st Class

That 26 footer is a nice find; much better than the one I found with the white leg 'O death hanging from the back of it.Found a nice 19 Islander if somebody is looking for one.
http://youngstown.craigslist.org/boa/3019356846.html
Selling for a friend. This is a 1986 19' Aluminuim Starcraft it is in awesome shape especially for its age. Great for fishing plenty of walk around room and still has a nice cabin. Has 4cylinder Mercruiser 120 hp motor. So this boat gives you plenty of power without burning tons of fuel. asking $3500 OBO Call Mike (330)307-7937

And a decent looking from what I can see 18'
http://youngstown.craigslist.org/boa/3028506995.html

And another nice '18
http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/boa/3038318028.html