Re: Starcraft Jet Star 15 Restore
Good Evening guys,
I was working on the boat again today! The goal was to take off the steering system (wheel and cables). It ended up being a journey of taking the rub rail off. I got the Port Side Rub Rail off, the Starboard side rub rail has many screws rusted in, so I will get a solution that helps loosen rusted screws.
While working on the rub rail under the bow, I looked at the dash wood. It looks like it is only held in by screws up both sides of the dash, then 2 sets of screws held up by wood, extending under the bow cap. In theory, I should be able to unscrew the screws, slide the board out, the replace it - Remember, in theory!
I'll clean the boat out this week, then Saturday, I'll try to finish getting the rub rail off. If anyone has a trick on getting rusted nuts and screws out, PLEASE TELL ME!!!
The paint on the boat is smooth, no chipping except for a few spots along the rivets on the center of the boat along the bottom. I still need to use the JB Weld to fill the tiny hole (Which I can barely locate now...). I also need to order some gulvit to put along the rivets on the inside.
I may have asked this earlier but I'm asking again. The plan is to extend the flooring into the transom, under the splash well, where the bilge is. That way I would have the ability to place gas tanks and batteries on an even surface. the only flaw with this is I won't have a bilge with the clearance to put a bilge pump. If Anyone has any ideas on how I can do this, I would really appreciate it!
Thanks Guys,
BoatBeginner