Rehab SportCraft 222 1983 deep V hull cuddy walkaround

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Has Been A Great Holiday Christmas! Sure am waiting on the new heater to show up. So today I went out early and inside the boat showed 10 deg. I recall weather showed 23. Turned on the heat and in 30 min. got to 50. Wow too cold for theses old bones. Did some utter things and came back at noon. Was 50 then up to 80 in 15 mins. I had to turn off the heat.
Placed some 12v and usb devices on captain side and passenger side. Was nice getting more done.
Add'l heater is supposed to show up on the 4th. Looking forward to that install.
Yaaaa..........Says I!!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Well my little piggy heater showed up today so............off to buy deisel and a can. Tank of unit holds 1 gal. Other guys say the burn is @ .02 gal per 8 hrs. so this should be good for me.
Gave it a temp set up. Ran like a swiss chinese clock. Tik tok...
anyhow it does give off some heat. I kept the zipper flapper open, jumped the unit on the battery. Ignition was cool to watch as it diagnosed itself.
Long story short 34 deg here, flap wide open for exhaust and boat maintained 60 deg. Not bad considering once I put a flap door on the back of the cabine and the other heat goes into the cuddy this should be more than enought to take off the chill and warm us up.
I'll need to work out a support an venting. All good.

Attachments

• heater 1.JPG
    heater 1.JPG
    220.3 KB · Views: 2
  • heater 2.JPG
    heater 2.JPG
    230.6 KB · Views: 2

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
i had issues with the site for awhile so i stopped trying , glad to see they finally seem to have it resolved :)

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Waz up been a few days bud. Spring coming fast. View attachment 330555
I just remember....I sent that to you a long time ago. Well I ordered some parts for the heater for a thru hull exhaust. Also have to build a shelf to put the heater on. etc. Sat inside the boat again today with the new heater...It does a nice job.
Looks like a good weekend here just a little rain. Gonna finish pulling some wires. Work on switches and electrical. Knock this out and move into my heated cabin for some dress up.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
So I think Filet, Crab cakes Imperial, ChunkyLobster cheesey macaroni, Shrimp and Crab Smoked Gouda with some spinach augratin so do it for tonight.
I have 60deg here today so I need to go out and make repairs to the boat cover. Tom. parts for heater showing up.
Happy New Year Critters!