Rehab SportCraft 222 1983 deep V hull cuddy walkaround

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
You got me thinking looking at what you did to the exterior and after I got a quote for a rag/hard top build for my boat at $4000-$5000 to remove my windows and make a hard dodger.

I went out in October and had overheat alarm sound. Scared the hell out of me. I limp back to the dock. Smartcraft told me water flow was low. Prior to that have not use the boat since October 22. I had the marina do a compression check for me. And since it was not used in 1 year the impeller lost its flow. I Change the impeller and let it run at the dock for 35 minutes and it was good. I have not been back out but plan to go today or tomorrow. 47" Stripers decided to take the turn up the Chesapeake this year.
Geez,
Sorry for your hardships. Seems exactly the road I've been on. I'm going to enjoy the house vs. rag top. Actually, put in a heater for area and cuddy for late season striper fishing. Send me some pics of your catch. Maybe we can hook up on the Chesapeake. I may be docking their season coming.
Go catch some fish!

demarko210

Chief Petty Officer
The guy quote me 4000 for the rag top and 5000 for the hardtop. I was like dang. I am tempted to buy one of those Dolphin universals tops for WA boats. I saw some reviews on THT some were good and some were just ok but mostly was the top for center console they said became a little loose. The WA ones dont have all the turns and mounting as the CC tops. I would be able to lay this one down if I need too. Much cheaper and I can make a top for it myself. I mainly want the extra storage above the helm for some items and not have to put the top up every time I need it. Plus I want over the head rod storage as my boat has 2 gunnel rod holders I always forget to use and 3 on the transom after the live-well which the rods get in the way when fishing. I also have been thinking of just a radar tower with rod holders. I have too many rods been making fishing rods the pass 2 years for some reason I cant stop.

I like my bimini enclosure but hell I need to repair the front and side windows as they are hard to see out of. I dont use the back to enclose the cabin hardly, takes too long to get that stuff hooked up. I have clean and lightly buff them with some plastic cleaner and still hard to see out of. Ton of scratches. That will probably be about 2000 to fix 3 windows and bimini top. Been watching some videos of people making dodgers for their sailboats and a light bulb came on! Another project! I still have roll of 1708 and 1.5 roll of 1.5oz csm. I still have not learned to fair and gel coat though!

Last edited:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
I have not cleaned any of those types of windows, but someone here may have a way to clean them.
I laughed my butt off on " I have too many rods been making fishing rods the pass 2 years for some reason I cant stop." Now that's a skill I haven't tried yet.
Sailrite has tons of vids on Bimini, dodgers, repairs etc. Might be worth a review. You will need an old singer for sewing. Pretty inexpensive.

Part of my project includes a rear cabin fabric/glass enclosure. I have the old singer waiting on me.

docben

Seaman
I found a great video/original by omc , makes complete sense of the lync and sync process required for these engines.
Linkage Adjustments: 1988 crossflow and Newer V4 V6
A must have for anyone with a looper.

Love these old videos. Wonder where a library of them are? In someones casa?