Rehab SportCraft 222 1983 deep V hull cuddy walkaround

chevymaher

Commander
@chevymaher @Woodonglass @sphelps @zool @nurseman @mickyryan @jc55 @

Mikeopsycho

Boy oh boy I miss alot of the Old School Boy contributers.
I know I loved and miss being here everyday. I still look but it is you know as done as far as this is concerned. I did buy a marker light set for the trailer. I was foolin with the stereo. Put a FM transmitter in the power port I made. So now she got 288 permanent songs on the SD card. CD SD Blutooth. You know little upgrades.

I been buying stuff new bumpers and lines. Alot of fishing gear. Got a 750 watt 1500 peak Power inverter and some electric heaters.

Missing summer here already. My son and i got some White Castle double cheese burgers and onion chips. Sat where the Licking river enters the ohio. You recognize it from the videos. We just up on the bank watching the paddlewheel go by.

I been working on the chevelle again mostly now the boat is not done shall we say in a stasis point. Got disc brakes now new shocks run a new fuel system that will support 1100 hp it says. I gonna have 650ish so it should be enough for that mild 496.

I am living vicariously through you now Kevin. Get her done.

Attachments

• 20201212_120508.jpg
    20201212_120508.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 8

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
I know I loved and miss being here everyday. I still look but it is you know as done as far as this is concerned. I did buy a marker light set for the trailer. I was foolin with the stereo. Put a FM transmitter in the power port I made. So now she got 288 permanent songs on the SD card. CD SD Blutooth. You know little upgrades.

I been buying stuff new bumpers and lines. Alot of fishing gear. Got a 750 watt 1500 peak Power inverter and some electric heaters.

Missing summer here already. My son and i got some White Castle double cheese burgers and onion chips. Sat where the Licking river enters the ohio. You recognize it from the videos. We just up on the bank watching the paddlewheel go by.

I been working on the chevelle again mostly now the boat is not done shall we say in a stasis point. Got disc brakes now new shocks run a new fuel system that will support 1100 hp it says. I gonna have 650ish so it should be enough for that mild 496.

WILL DO SIR!

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Yeah I have to say the same. Since my boat is done I’m not as active as I once was. I do stick my nose into the Mercruiser page every now and then. Tried to start various subjects in the dry dock section, but those don’t seem to draw much attention.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
They should Commision/pay the ole Boys to stay/feed and follow the threads. They provide so much personel experience and well worth noting their comments.
So many experienced guys just leave after they complete a project. All their greatness just becomes nothing for reference. Something is missing in this forum, I can't quite put my finger on it. Don't get get me wrong its the best out there.
Kevin

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
They should Commision/pay the ole Boys to stay/feed and follow the threads. They provide so much personel experience and well worth noting their comments.
So many experienced guys just leave after they complete a project. All their greatness just becomes nothing for reference. Something is missing in this forum, I can't quite put my finger on it. Don't get get me wrong its the best out there.
Kevin

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Well here comes our 1st rotten snow. 12" to 18". Get those boat covers/tents reinforced guys. Yea!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral

Good pic, a framer. What heaters did you get, I've parooozzziing them for next striper season.

chevymaher

Commander
Good pic, a framer. What heaters did you get, I've parooozzziing them for next striper season.
I got the 750-1500 watt electric jobs. Same thing I use in the trucks to warm the interiors up when it is snowing. I been looking at a propane mr heater buddy for sitting still and fishing. I knw someone with one of these. I am told just the bow cover and top on it be plenty warm fishing.

Attachments

• heaterbuddy.jpeg
    heaterbuddy.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
I got the 750-1500 watt electric jobs. Same thing I use in the trucks to warm the interiors up when it is snowing. I been looking at a propane mr heater buddy for sitting still and fishing. I knw someone with one of these. I am told just the bow cover and top on it be plenty warm fishing.
Yea I'm not sure which way to go yet. Almost thinking about a roof top unit. It's all about power/juice.
Thanks for the reply.

chevymaher

Commander
Yes that is the issue. If the engine isnt running it gonna kill the battery real fast. It would take a bunch of batteries to heat while sitting. Gas is the way if it is sitting. More heat and it isnt killing the battery. Mine just needs a footwarmer while cruising.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Yes that is the issue. If the engine isnt running it gonna kill the battery real fast. It would take a bunch of batteries to heat while sitting. Gas is the way if it is sitting. More heat and it isnt killing the battery. Mine just needs a footwarmer while cruising.
1608074647555.png

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Not sure if you thought about this, but a lot of trucks with sleepers use a small diesel furnace. The heaters draw very little power, just a pump, igniter, and distribution blower. They are a little pricey though, but great source of heat.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Waz up been a few days bud. Spring coming fast. View attachment 330555
I like that Chev! OCeannnnnn. Been running errands with Christmas goodies etc. Spent last night literally laying on the boat floor on my back pushing the tarp up that filled with snow. Pushing it over the bow rail. Craps heavy. Luckily I did some pre-prep for the snow but after that show last night I'll have to do some more. Add a few more support ribs to get the snow to roll off the boat cover.
Still need to run some wires for bilge, comp/phone stuff, rear nav light. Going to swap out the ignition for new and get the dash tied in.
Merry Christmas Chev!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Not sure if you thought about this, but a lot of trucks with sleepers use a small diesel furnace. The heaters draw very little power, just a pump, igniter, and distribution blower. They are a little pricey though, but great source of heat.
Thanks shoot me over a sample. I'm kinda all over the map at the moment.