Rehab SportCraft 222 1983 deep V hull cuddy walkaround

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Heater install and liking it. Gots some playing to do but it sure does the job.

Attachments

• H2.JPG
    H2.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 12
  • H 1.JPG
    H 1.JPG
    158.6 KB · Views: 12
  • H 4.JPG
    H 4.JPG
    224.3 KB · Views: 12
  • H 3.JPG
    H 3.JPG
    211.8 KB · Views: 11

chevymaher

Commander
Well you done helpin mom yet? I charged the battery today with the remote deal I made. Don't even got to pull the cover back.

chevymaher

Commander
I wish I was.... Nice on the charger hookup. Any pics? I'm looking into one of them there Genius boat battery dual charger thingys.
I like your romote idea.
NOCO Genius 8A 2-Bank Onboard Battery Charger - GENM2 | Blain's Farm & Fleet (farmandfleet.com)
I got eyes soldered on those wires. Bolted to the battery with the rest of the permanent stuff. The part you see is a rubber hose. 2 bolts in it. Wire is between the rubber and the bolt. It sits on the vent under the cover.

I reach in and just pull it out hook the battery tester and trickle charger on it once a week. My monster amp on the stereo and the radio do slowly draw on the battery even turned off. I put a plug for the charger on the boathouse wall. When I use the boat I just set it inside behind the seat.

Much easier than years before where I had to pull the cover off and climb in to check. I use the 8 dollar trickle charger from harbor freight. Like today I checked it then put the charger on it for 4-5 hours while i do my normal things in the garage.

Attachments

• 20210112_170735.jpg
    20210112_170735.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
  • 20210112_170758.jpg
    20210112_170758.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
I got eyes soldered on those wires. Bolted to the battery with the rest of the permanent stuff. The part you see is a rubber hose. 2 bolts in it. Wire is between the rubber and the bolt. It sits on the vent under the cover.

I reach in and just pull it out hook the battery tester and trickle charger on it once a week. My monster amp opn the stereo and the radio do slowly draw on the battery even turned off. I put a plug for the charger on the boathouse wall. When I use the boat I just set it inside behind the seat.

Much easier than years before where I had to pull the cover off and climb in to check. I use the 8 dollar trickle charger from harbor freight. Like today I checked it then put the charger on it for 4-5 hours while i do my normal things in the garage.
Very Nice Chev! Red and Green?

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Here ya go Chev! A little done today in regards to pulling 14 g. wire. Pulling 2 sets of wire 1 each for each bilge. Bilge pumps to be determined. Get them up to the switches and over to the battery.
I had to use wire soap to pull all 4 and it helped alot. Soap would have done it too but I like this stuff. Tubing got tight w/4 wires and a xtra pull string for later. Doubt I could even pull anymore thru that blue tubing so it's dedicated to bilge pumps. So I used the 1st 100 feet of red/black wire. Just made another order.
In the meantime thinking about a support system for all the wires on port and starboard under gunnels that are light and concealed and easy to drop for whatever future wiring or maint.
bilge 1.JPGbilge 2.JPGbilge 3.JPGbilge 4.JPG

Last edited:

chevymaher

Commander
Yep we were sitting there talking about summer and boat. He is getting experience now. He said dad look how clean the water is. Because it just flooded it was mud city. But even in the winter they clean it out. Ramp looked good. No dock but your allowed to go. One boat was out today. 34 degrees all day today.

That is awsome about the heater. I was talking to the boy telling him about boats like yours and mickeys. Heaters and inside. Because he was asking why would anybody go out in this. Snowing and 34 degrees.

It was a small boat to judging by the trailer. Probably my neighbor down the street. He likes to fish in this stuff. It is a aluminum boat mine size. Open with a Bimini top.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
I worked on setting the gauges and cleaning up. Ran into some shnana with the gauges.
Apparently my gauge console is too thick to for the backing nuts. I've put them on a sander to reduce but not quite sure I like this yet.
I sent pics to @mickyryan lol.