PROJECT ~ JEZABEL 23' Sleekcraft Executive ~ Turbo Restore ~ Tons of pics

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander
Re: PROJECT ~ JEZABEL 23' Sleekcraft Executive ~ Turbo Restore ~ Tons of pics

F'n LMAO, I feel the same way about that place (guy). The last time I was in that place was THE LAST time I was in that place, it was 6-7 years ago.

If I'm in a pinch I go down to the place on Boulder HWY & 95, nice people down there, but that's few and far between since it's easier to just order online. $10 in gas and an hour drive isn't worth it for a $10 part.

haha good ol bob bradley.....I go there just cause he stocks OMC parts and gaskets n stuff. but he does have an attitude. I get looked down on for doing my own work and not letting him do it. thats how it seems anyways. house of hose is awesome, and they do stuff right on the spot for ya as you found out!

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Hey Paul,
That is a real nice, high quality hose :)
Sorry to hear about your boo boo from the ladder lol;)

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey Vegas,
Nice job on the swim platform and the new hose. We have a place that will do similar work to you custom hose place. They sure come in handy too.
I hope you didn't leak to bad from the impact.
Good luck and I hope the head heals quickly.
Bob

wrfalpacas

Chief Petty Officer

Vegas,

Youv'e got me eyeing my kids swingset, and the don't you dare look from my wife:D That is an awesome fix! BTW I am going to be in Vegas at the beginning of Nov. for a conference at the Paris.

sprintst

Commander

Nice custom hose work...you're much better off.

I'll buy you a nice cold beer to forget all the head bashing :)

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

F'n LMAO, I feel the same way about that place (guy). The last time I was in that place was THE LAST time I was in that place, it was 6-7 years ago.

If I'm in a pinch I go down to the place on Boulder HWY & 95, nice people down there, but that's few and far between since it's easier to just order online. $10 in gas and an hour drive isn't worth it for a $10 part.

Exactly FisherDan...exactly....

haha good ol bob bradley.....I go there just cause he stocks OMC parts and gaskets n stuff. but he does have an attitude. I get looked down on for doing my own work and not letting him do it. thats how it seems anyways. house of hose is awesome, and they do stuff right on the spot for ya as you found out!

Yeah he gets attitude pretty fast....:eek:

Thanks Fellas, yeah the old noggin healed up from that skin removal incident.....

Went out to the lake yesterday ...... she ran great! had a problem at the dock though...guess all that messing with the hydraulic pump etc wore the battery down....we get out there and she was cranking slow...had a gel cell battery with us so we jumped it and it started...went out for a cruise...got it up to 4300 rpms...happy happy! ran smooth too
'
went to a favorite island beach...with the water dropping in Lake Mead, all the beaches are constantly changing, this particular beach changed for the better!

we were able to leave at sunset...cruised in towards the harbor...ended up stopping at a beach about a 1/2 mile from the harbor for a few more minutes of swimming etc....when we went to restart...no one home....DOH dead battery....

we had to PADDLE IT IN! :eek::D

atleast we were close and it wasnt windy as heck....

ps that battery isnt THAT old...it was new last nov...we will be exchanging it for a new one....

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey Vegas,
Glad to hear that the boat is working again even with the battery problems.
Sounds like you had a great day at the lake.
Glad to hear that the leak on your head is OK too. :p
Take care
Bob

AguaSki

Chief Petty Officer

Vegas,

Been following this restoration thread for a while, but I don't recall if I have ever commented.

I have an 18' Glastron similar to what you upgraded from. Last Wednesday - Saturday I towed the Glastron from Phoenix to Lake Mead. This was my first visit to Mead and I had a great time exploring a new lake. I was surprised at how ruff those basins can get when the wind blows. I am sure you are really enjoying the added length the Sleek gives you on a windy day.

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Heya AguaSki

thanks...oh man you dont even know until you experience the difference!
we used to get beat up something fierce when the wind kicked up...and yeah the basins do get choppy....
now we cruise right over the chop and waves...We can go full bore... in what used to be slow boat weather for our Glastron (17.5)

Glad you enjoyed Lake Mead and sorry it was a windy day! we do get alot of those...this year has been 50/50 smooth and calm or wavy & windy

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

ok so we got a brand new marine battery for the sleek....it was still under 12 month free replacement...so we traded it for new :D

Yesterday I washed her down soap and water....
on the port side in the front, the ramps on the front where the wood grain is....there was still some poliglow in spots....so I wet sanded it with 600/1000/1500 and polished it with the 7" polisher....waxed it up....looks sweet now....

I found that wet sanding and polishing a boat is way better than prepping and painting....WAY BETTER..... alot LESS work...

put the cover on...no boating this weekend...messing with the Newman boat :p paint

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

hey everyone...click on this youtube vid...this dude Matt just bought this boat and wants to restore it ...Im trying to get him to join Iboats so he can post his progress here....send him a Hi message and invite him thru the youtube comments...would love to see him restore this sleekcraft 26ft ambassador

http://www.youtube.com/user/OhOneWS6#p/a/u/0/_Cokhg6h0pk

Thanks yall! :D

redfury

Commander

commented! Hope he comes aboard...those sleeks are cool boats for sure! If I had the use for it, I'd certainly look for one myself.

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

hahha thanks fury....he might stay over there though on that performance boats forum since he already started a thread...:-(

well we took some pals out last weekend...they had a ball! 1rst time for either of them out on a boat..now THEY WANT ONE! lol awsome....we stayed out till 11pm long 11 hour fun day....fished some pretty much got skunked....wish I knew how to fish lake mead better...I know theres some fish ini there! guess you gotta actually go to where the fish are and not just toss a line over while having fun lol

We may go out tomorrow...but its my daughters birthday party weekend...so we'll see..

ps been eyeing up intake manifolds/carbs and cams to upgrade the chevy 350 in the sleek......wont happen anytime soon but one can dream! (more HP and torque):)

fishrdan

Admiral

fished some pretty much got skunked....wish I knew how to fish lake mead better...I know theres some fish ini there!

LOL, I've had trips like that.

But,,, We went out last Saturday and caught 58 stripers, livewell was completely stuffed and I made everyone quit fishing :D 60' of water out in the middle of the lake, didn't get really good until 2am, man was the weather nice out that time of night.

OK, now here's the full story. We head out Friday evening and I get the boat anchored down in a good fishing spot about 7pm. Nice breeze, everyone in a good mood as I start to bust out the fishing rods so I can rig them up... But wait,,, where is the tackle box :eek::eek::eek: Left it at home on the shelf!

Kind of a bummer, but we packed it up and went fishing the next night, this time with fishing tackle :rolleyes:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

I hope he comes over to I-boats I would love to see him restore that hull. I may break down and look at the one you sent me this weekend...but I should really focus on getting Max up and running again! Glad to hear you guys are enjoying the summer.....I would love to go out on Mead sometime just to say I have been there!

tinkeringwackyone

Chief Petty Officer

vegas, that is another sweet sleek there on youtube, hope he has a great time restoring her. i love jets even though I don't own one.:)

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Hey Fisherdan thanks for the tip! and congrats on cleanin out the lake!
fishwise

I need to get a fishy finder installed, shouldnt have let the $200 one I had bought last year go with the Glastron we sold....dang it....

Tinkering and Arch that guy actually splashed her already.,...ran awsome...seen the vid....now he's gonna finish her up restoration wise

ps we went out this past saturday it was great...all went well...adjusted the choke and now it starts better.....the wind was halacious thouogh...so we had 3-4 ft swells.......the sleek handled it awsome...not a problem and with the waves on the way back we could have prob went full throttle....but since ouor kids and my sister/brother in law were in a smaller boat behind us....we slowed up and went whatever speed they could handle....

fishrdan

Admiral

Nice to hear the 23'er can handle 3-4' waves no problem. I have to slow down in my 18'er when the waves get 3-4', throw in some 5'ers and I'm battling the waves. Luckily,,, that doesn't happen often.

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

yes last weekend was pretty nasty...friday was nice but sat was no fun. We might be goin to calville for the next trip so ill keep an eye out for ya if we do!