PROJECT ~ JEZABEL 23' Sleekcraft Executive ~ Turbo Restore ~ Tons of pics

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant
Re: PROJECT ~ JEZABEL 23' Sleekcraft Executive ~ Turbo Restore ~ Tons of pics

ya it was pretty good...looking forward to some flyfishing and bassin sometime soon

Well Jezebel is basically sitting under the cover...I need to add gas additive so it doesnt get stinky over the winter....and make sure the motor is drained of water so I dont get freeze bust. gotta pop the carb off and drain it too....
WINTERIZE

Friscoboater

Captain

Sweet video man. How you guys doing out there?

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Heya Frisco...were doin great....How gos it down south!!!

moved into the new rental house 65 miles out of Vegas...not too bad ....lettin the dust settle ... went from SUMMER MODE (boating) to WINTER MODE ( off roading and project work) we're off to Calico Ca for a weekend of off roading and campin fun, family etc...should be about 20 of us total...fun fun! the boats are under tarps on hold....the 1972 VW bug is back on the burner....yea! sitting for 5 years! gotta finish her up and let her see the light of day and some asphalt! Ill post a few pics on the Hijack Zone here in Iboats as we progress...:p

sprintst

Commander

Cool. Make sure to post some pics of the bug work :)

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Glad to hear you got moved Paul, I think everyone here is ready to get back into "summer mode", lol!

Friscoboater

Captain

Glad to see you guys landed somewhere. It just got cold here today, and I can rest easy. The boat is winterized and sleeping soundly.

rjedney

Cadet
Do you want to see what REAL restorations looks like?

Do you want to see what REAL restorations looks like?

The red boat is a 1987 sleekcraft executive. Removed volvo eng. and outdrive. I Finnaly talked the junk man into hauling them off. Replaced motor with a 383 chevrolet stroker bravo outdrive and 27 pitch 4 blade prop. The boat ran 87.9 mph on gps. first run. Have now added more goodies and will run again when it gets warmer. I paid $125.00 for the boat last fall. Might be able to get my money back if I sell. See the attached pics.

The black boat is a 1978 twin tunnell hull jet. I converted to mercruiser outdrive. The jet was too slow and used too much gas. It runs as fast as you are crazy to hold the throttle down. Starts getting crazy to handle at 75 mph. It makes 385 hp. at 6200 rpm. and runs a 27 pitch 3 blade prop. The drive is raised 4 inches above m/c's. recomended specs. I probably will get hurt in this boat.

Attachments

• 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 0801091818.jpg
    0801091818.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 0801091819.jpg
    0801091819.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 0

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

rjedney nice boats! Thanks for the info, I'm considering diving off into an executive with a jet.......I would love to hear all the info you have on converting one to a out drive! I found one that I am looking at, but have been hesitant to buy it given the economy. Vegas has done a great job on his, given the money he has put into her! Hopefully we can keep these hulls on the water for another 20 years! Thanks for any info you have!

Last Mohican

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Do you want to see what REAL restorations looks like?

The red boat is a 1987 sleekcraft executive. Removed volvo eng. and outdrive. I Finnaly talked the junk man into hauling them off. Replaced motor with a 383 chevrolet stroker bravo outdrive and 27 pitch 4 blade prop. The boat ran 87.9 mph on gps. first run. Have now added more goodies and will run again when it gets warmer. I paid $125.00 for the boat last fall. Might be able to get my money back if I sell. See the attached pics.

The black boat is a 1978 twin tunnell hull jet. I converted to mercruiser outdrive. The jet was too slow and used too much gas. It runs as fast as you are crazy to hold the throttle down. Starts getting crazy to handle at 75 mph. It makes 385 hp. at 6200 rpm. and runs a 27 pitch 3 blade prop. The drive is raised 4 inches above m/c's. recomended specs. I probably will get hurt in this boat.

Great looking boats but that's kinda F'd up to come into someone's restoration thread and say "Do you want to see what REAL restorations looks like?" Seems to me Paul put a lot more effort in to his resto than your motor and drive swap in the $125 boat.

rjedney

Cadet

If you want to discuss modifacations on any type boat, please phone me at [Edit: please reread guidelines, no personal info, thanks]. I have cut boats in half,in the center and added 4 ft. to make them longer so the engine would not be in the cabin door. I have all types of drives m/c. makes. I use 4.13 six cyls. and 350 vortech engs. There are lots of rotten seats and floors on boats you can take for removing them out of the yard. I junk about a dozen boats a year. I have 42 boats now. One is a 32 ft. scarab that I bought at the space ctr. in 1998 for $900.00 I have a pontoon boat that goes 63 mph. It was given to me by a doctor, which i keep his boats running. It was 250 hp. obd. I rolled it over and made an air en trapmenth hull out of it. It now has a 350 chev. roller mtr. I/O. m/c drive Sleekcraft boats are more valuable on the east coast You live where you can buy them CHEAP. Good luck and let me hear from you. RAYMOND

rjedney

Cadet

Great looking boats but that's kinda F'd up to come into someone's restoration thread and say "Do you want to see what REAL restorations looks like?" Seems to me Paul put a lot more effort in to his resto than your motor and drive swap in the $125 boat.

I didn't mean to offend anyone who works their butt off to keep these beautiful boats restored. Everyone should be proud of their sleeks. I have 50 yrs. experiance on boats and mine could be done more perfect by someone else. I spend a lot of money on them. and most of my parts are from CA.

ovnic1234

Seaman

Well put Mohican, this is my first foray into a public reprimand on a forum, so bear with me. Raymond, start your own thread. Go back to page one and see what someone can do with a tight budget, hard work and more importantly working together. Beautiful job Vegas and better half. Cheers!

I live 15 min. from Lake Belews. I'm the dude in the tinny with the 59 yr old motor wearing my arm out. It's my boat, I redid the boat, motor and trailer. Not pretty, but I made it out of what most people would consider junk and it's all I got and I think it's cool as hell.

Three posts in, and ego paired with a haughty tone has turned two people off so far. I'm sure you have a great deal of knowledge, but you're off to a bad start. You have effectively shot yourself in the foot. I doubt most of these folks make a living off of boat repair. They do it because the love it and new boats or expensive restoration are simply not in the budget. Be kind.

Oh yeah thanks Vegas for posting that motor identification pdf. Consolidated info.

Enjoy the weekend, the whip cracks soon (odd way of saying back to work on Monday)

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

I agree with Mohican!

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Thanks Last Mohican, Arch and Ovnick for backin me you guys ROCK! :)

Raymond...sweet boats...but if I got it right you paid $125 for the nice red sleek? wow thats a score...

and you should get your own thread for your boats...especially of you have so many...you should definitely make a thread and post ...Im sure LOTS of people would love to pry some info out of ya...as you have bookoo experience...and would like to see more of your work...

PS well the SLEEK is winterized...the other day wind tore the boat cover a bit so I re-sewed a couple spots and put it back under wraps.... I love that boat....what a great time weve had polishing it up and using it....

Hey theres an AMBASSADOR down the road from us here ini Pahrump...sitting getting dusty and sundamaged...hmmm NEXT PROJECT??????? muhhahwhhawhahhahwahwa!:eek:

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

WELL SAID! I just Re-Read it...while my wife was reading it...and now I see that header "Re: Do you want to see what REAL restorations looks like?" at first I didnt see what the fuss was about...

that comment is kinda effd up... I agree...hell ...I KNOW what real restos look like...what we did was just a quickie cleanup on a neat boat...and now we use it and beat it up (IE we have kids think cheesy puffs in the cabin getting ground into the carpet.... and guests that bring Kentucky fried chicken onboard and dropping greasy crumbs all over etc)

all that being said Im gonna give Raymond the benefit of the doubt inso much as Im am guilty of saying not the quite right thing when I may have had good intensions... so perhaps thats the case here :redface: and Raymond ya hafta use Private messages for phone numbers and email addresses as the mods dont want forum abuse..... and I aint gonna lie....I am not going to chopa boat in half or extend one....heck theres SOOOOOO many boats out west here that just need regular repairs taht making one longer would be a burn of time....just pick a bigger boat and restore that one....etc.... Im cool of tahts your gig tho...thanks for the offer on knockin ideas around :)

Well put Mohican, this is my first foray into a public reprimand on a forum, so bear with me. Raymond, start your own thread. Go back to page one and see what someone can do with a tight budget, hard work and more importantly working together. Beautiful job Vegas and better half. Cheers!

I live 15 min. from Lake Belews. I'm the dude in the tinny with the 59 yr old motor wearing my arm out. It's my boat, I redid the boat, motor and trailer. Not pretty, but I made it out of what most people would consider junk and it's all I got and I think it's cool as hell.

Three posts in, and ego paired with a haughty tone has turned two people off so far. I'm sure you have a great deal of knowledge, but you're off to a bad start. You have effectively shot yourself in the foot. I doubt most of these folks make a living off of boat repair. They do it because the love it and new boats or expensive restoration are simply not in the budget. Be kind.

Oh yeah thanks Vegas for posting that motor identification pdf. Consolidated info.

Enjoy the weekend, the whip cracks soon (odd way of saying back to work on Monday)

Ovnic...youre welcome on te PDF for IDing Johnsons! and hey I recently posted a 38 megabyte Johnson Evinrude repair manual (380 or somthin pages) that I will post a link and have the moderators STICKY .... its handy as heck for repairing those old motors! (covers the 3 and 4 cyl versions of the old 1960s motors) I will PM ya the link!

and yes....... a little bit of consideration goes a long way...especially on Iboats...alot of peoplle do boating as a hobby and dont have $$$ to burn on boating etc...or perhaps its just not necessary for the purpose they use thier boat for
..that being said....

"what one man can do...another man can do" as quoted by Anthony Hopkins from the movie THE EDGE... heck any one of us is capable of doing master restorations....but if there's no time, drive, funds or need to do that ....then we dont...
that is what's a blast about Iboats...you can be creative in your own way .....with perhaps the cheapest of parts and rig em together to make something really cool and neat...useable!....thats what its really about

fat fanny

Lieutenant Commander

Vegas well said my man well said !!!!!!!!!!!!! and it does define the true nature of this site and it's members.

Last Mohican

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks Last Mohican, Arch and Ovnick for backin me you guys ROCK! :)

Raymond...sweet boats...but if I got it right you paid $125 for the nice red sleek? wow thats a score...

and you should get your own thread for your boats...especially of you have so many...you should definitely make a thread and post ...Im sure LOTS of people would love to pry some info out of ya...as you have bookoo experience...and would like to see more of your work...

PS well the SLEEK is winterized...the other day wind tore the boat cover a bit so I re-sewed a couple spots and put it back under wraps.... I love that boat....what a great time weve had polishing it up and using it....

Hey theres an AMBASSADOR down the road from us here ini Pahrump...sitting getting dusty and sundamaged...hmmm NEXT PROJECT??????? muhhahwhhawhahhahwahwa!:eek:

We'll back you up anytime bro. How long are your winters there? I'm guessing close to the same as ours since I just winterized a week or so ago. We had a pretty hard freeze last night. Down in the teens in the out lying areas north of DFW. They are forecasting back into the 70's on Wednesday though. Is that Ambassador a 25' or 26' model. I think they added a foot in 1977. My 76 is a 25 footer. I think you should go for it. LOL.

sprintst

Commander

I'm with Vegasphotoman.

The Sleek is done up in a way I wish I could. Mine was paid labour for the most part.

I'm tempted to come down there and see how those dune buggies are done too. :)

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander

I think all them sleeks are ugly and you should sell them to me to rid yourself of ugly boat syndrome:D Vegas your sleek was the first one I have ever laid eyes on and I just love the lines. I for one am glad you got the old mill running good. While you might not have millions to throw at it you sure made that a ride to be proud of. I know I sure as heck would be.

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

thanks Proshadetree and Sprinter!

you guys rock!

Fatfanny....you actually read my extended blabberings? awsome! ... thanks...sometimes I get WAY TOO LONGWINDED....:eek: I appreciete all of your support fellas!

dang nanny gub'mint

PS I know this much...if you throw away too much cash on "toys" eventually you wont have any! as the repo man will come....