PROJECT ~ JEZABEL 23' Sleekcraft Executive ~ Turbo Restore ~ Tons of pics

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant
Re: PROJECT ~ JEZABEL 23' Sleekcraft Executive ~ Turbo Restore ~ Tons of pics

Hi Everyone, well Ive been MIA from Iboats, facebook and about every other social netowrking site for several months, mainly because my wife, kids and I have been living in a new area of the desert (Pahrump 65 miles from Las Vegas) which we love it out here.... anyways, we've been searching for a house, and have finally gotten one!

so now the new project is RESTORING our house! lol

the weather should be warming up and once we get moved in to the new place, in a fe wmonths well be taking Jezebel out for a good spring cleaning and maintenance, I may put a hotter cam in her this year along with a different carb....wouldnt mind getting a fe wmore MPH out of her.... DANG we love this boat....I cant say enough good thoiings about how she rides, cruises and how she beaches...all perfect!

and PS I have my eye on a 26ft sleekcraft ambassador that is down the road from our new house (along with a 1971 Dodge Challenger, and a couple 80s and 70s Vettes that this dude has layng around his property...lol MORE PROJECTS!

in addition to the gokart project that is about 75% completed...facebook link to pics
joyner project.jpg
and for any of you that know him, Art Bell the radio guy famous for Coast to Coast AM and Dreamland radio shows in the late 80s, 90s etc is our neighbor!, in the Kingdom of Nye...as he would say
we're a 1/2 mile down the road is Sheri's Ranch and The Chicken Ranch (no they dont raise chickens and yes it's legal in the county we live in and yes its full service lol) and the best part, we now have an acre and a half to store boats and other projects on YIPPIE! a redneck like me can collect junk!lol

Last Mohican

Chief Petty Officer

Good to hear thing are going your way Paul.

tinkeringwackyone

Chief Petty Officer

Welcome back my friend, its a great feeling to have a place of your own, and a big plus with all the room. good luck with the projects.

Sail on.....tink

Friscoboater

Captain

I have missed you Vegas!!!!!!! Lots of thing have been going on here. Welcome back my friend.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Hey man, good to see you. Art Bell huh? Wow, cool :)

I may put a hotter cam in her this year along with a different carb....wouldnt mind getting a fe wmore MPH out of her
Do some searching on "reversion" in the I/O section before you get too far on that. Maybe you know the deal, but important if you don't . . . ;)

I've actually done a little on my project, but still a ways off. At least the deck is starting to look less like a liumber yard or a gym . . . :eek:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Hey Paul, good to hear from you! Sounds like you have found a great place, keep us updated! looking forward to seeing Jezabel in the water again!

Skimonkey

Recruit

I'm still a newbie to this site. Everytime I pop in I stop and look at Jezabel. She is long, lean, sleak and mean. Great job BTW. I also want to let you know how jealous I am of you guys living that close to Art Bell. ;-) That guy kept me awake many of nights driving. I was just in Vegas last week for a long show. Weather was awesome!! Thanks for all the great write-ups.

cwcollins06

Seaman

I see one of these Sleekcraft Executives just sitting on a trailer in somebody's front yard on the way out to the boat ramp on Canyon Lake every time we go out. This thread makes me want to knock on their door and see what they're doing with it ;)

Westport

Seaman Apprentice

Hey, I liked your idea of making seat boxes for coolers, storage etc

IMG_1848.jpg

I'm going to incorporate that on my Marquis and get rid of the pillar seats that are pulling on the floor and utilize the dead space under the seating area.

Good call!

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Thanks everyone for the kind words! missed all of you too

QC...I have read about revertion....and the way its looking the funds arent with us to mess with the motor this season anyways....Id like to do through the hull exhuast for that WHAP WHAP WAHAP meaty sound...:). would that minimize reversion if we did step up the cam a bit?

Westport...make the box strong ...everone steps on and over ours lol

Collins....go by and talk to em....ya never know!

Thanks so much Skimonkey....and we havent as of yet met Art...he is still in the phillipines...he may be coming back soon....I used to listen to him alot back in the day....

Thanks Frisco!

Tinkeringwackyone...YES we love the space! but its alot to take care of, the tumbleweeds grow...well like WEEDS lol and the lot is 10x bigger than our last house....so its pretty overwhelming, a couple years here and we'll have it dialed in.... lots of room for more boats! wish we could have kept the 14ft glaspar we used to have, whata fun project that would have been..... guess that means now I can get an Ambassador and a Carlson CV15 james bond boat....:) now taht we have the room..... but its the funds that are hard to get....there is NO MONEY out here in Pahrump., so its a drive to vegas to generate income....we're doing ok thank goodness...lots of weddings to shoot

QC

Supreme Mariner

QC...I have read about revertion....and the way its looking the funds arent with us to mess with the motor this season anyways....Id like to do through the hull exhuast for that WHAP WHAP WAHAP meaty sound...:). would that minimize reversion if we did step up the cam a bit?
Actually no. It's more about risers, than the ultimate exit point. The only complete solution is over the transom dry headers :eek:

Take a look at the attached. Best complete discussion on this topic that I have seen.

BTW, we have thru transom and love it. I didn't think we would, and told the wife I'd get Captain's Call, but she said she liked it as is, so voila :cool: I take some carp here for it, but nobody at Havasu would even blink, Mead either.

Attachments

• Reversion, elbows and testing.pdf
    476.1 KB · Views: 0

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

I drive by a little Glastron like Miss Morgan all the time...about the same shape, let me know if your interested! I might swap you for an ambassador!

corbin5754

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I just bought myself a 77 sleekcraft 23ft executive with a 460 and a berkley jet drive guy who owned it before me said it would go 70 but ill believe it when see it. its water ready now i had to rebuild the carb and some fuel filters, fires right up. Im going to redo the carpet and interier soon i started a thread on my project take a look sometime, thanks.
sleek1.jpg

sleek9.jpg

sleek3.jpg
sleek6-1.jpg

sleek2.jpg

sleek8.jpg

corbin5754

Petty Officer 3rd Class

i got some good ideas from all your pics sweet boat.

sleek5-1.jpg

sleek2-1.jpg

ben2go

Chief Petty Officer

Please,post the tread link to your project, in your signature, that way we can all find it.

kwik_uk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Just found this work. Some great work going on!

I'd never even heard of a Sleekcraft before reading this. Awesome looking boats! I love the retro wing on the one with the copper colour gel coat. Reminds me of an old Plymouth Superbird :D

78sleekexec

Recruit

Vegas,

Great work on the Sleek! I've owned mine for about 12 years now. I had a 20' Tahiti that just wasn't cutting for the family. It didn't handle the rough water and was limited in space. My Sleek is a 78 with BBC and Berkeley pump. Tops out at 48 mph GPS. I grew up with jets so I'm partial to them. As you know it handles the rough stuff great and provides a place to get out of the wind and sun. I've taken it to Powell several times and it makes all the difference in the world to have a boat of this size. Thanks for all the insight and inspiration. I'm going to have to put some elbow grease into mine to get ride of oxidation and bring back the shine. I know you haven't been on the thread in some time, do you still have Jezebel?