my 68 Starcraft Holiday project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy in NY

Commander
Re: my 68 Starcraft Holiday project

Well heck if Andy's going then I better go too! Next year would definitely be a possibility. Oh what a site all our boats would be lined up.

if bob goes, and we travel together, we could probably meet up with you on the way...

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Kev, the seats look great. What is the height of the seats with the boxes added. The original seats that were in my boat were 12", but all I can seem to find is 10" and I just don't think that is high enough. As you know the sides of the boat are high and we have a tall family. I thought about building boxes, but behind the captains chairs I was using lounge seats and if I do boxes then they either have to be the length of the entire seat when laid out which will be in the way the rest of the time or if they only go under the seats when they are upright, then the legs won't be long enough when they are laying down. Did you follow that ramble? Keep posting pics, they are great.

Keith

Keith..
I can get you the height info when I am back home..
The wood I used was 1 x 6, I needed an additional 6 inches under the seat to get them high enough...If I were to guess, the seat itself is probably only 8 or 9 inches from the bottom of the seat to the floor...

Now to your other issue...I understand exactly what you are saying..I speak Starcraftese! :D

Why dont you build the box's long enough for the lounge to be pulled out..but instead of one solid top to the box, use 2 pcs..The section under the forward facing seat screwed down permanetly...and the section past there, use a hinge and make a lid..That way you will have some extra storage out on deck..PFD's, fire extinguisher, lines for your bumpers...whatever ya can toss in there..

Floyd M

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Verrrrrrry interesting idea. Thanks. The only issue would still be the trip hazard. I can see my kids hitting the deck constantly.

Keith

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

You know the old saying..They'll only do it once!

Ok..maybe put some thin padding and vinyl on the base???

My GF's daughter will have to wear elbow & knee pads maybe even a helmet her first few trips out! lol

Andy in NY

Commander

You know the old saying..They'll only do it once!

Ok..maybe put some thin padding and vinyl on the base???

My GF's daughter will have to wear elbow & knee pads maybe even a helmet her first few trips out! lol

haha sounds like my kids!

Floyd M

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Don't get me started on helmets on a boat. My son came in the other night after apparently diggin around in the boat. He was wearing what looked to be a 30 year old life vest that had not aged very well. "Cool huh?" was all he said. Then he says "can you get these splinters out". He was in the boat on the rotten floor barefoot and had three splinters about an inch long in his foot. Not only will he trip over the seat boxes, it may be difficult to keep him from falling out of the boat. I'll let you know what I figure out, but I do like the storage idea.

Keith

scipper77

Commander

Well since NB needs something to see..and it's been a couple days since I built the doghouse (man I am a slacker)

Here are my boxes I built for my seats. I got these on CL for 35 bux each..they were just too short!

Seat1.jpg

Well thats it for tonight..I have a new steering wheel coming, should be here when I get back from a quick biz trip I have to take at the last minute..

I think it would be pretty slick to put cutouts in the sides of those seat boxes for tackle trays to slide into! A very efficient use of space.

Rickairmedic

Commander

EZ that is a pretty SS .

On the Starcraft get together I am up for next summer but would prefer spring or fall :D. I am an HVAC man and summertime is Moneymakin time :D.

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

I think it would be pretty slick to put cutouts in the sides of those seat boxes for tackle trays to slide into! A very efficient use of space.

Scip your right..I prob dont have the time or skills needed..
I am going to lag bolt the seat to the top o da box, then piano hinge that to the frames for my own little storage area..

wvmedic

Chief Petty Officer

CheapboatKev, what dose that old girl weigh?

I need me a good aluminum boat, and I would love to get a SC with an I/O.

Jeff.

Rickairmedic

Commander

Jeff I know a guy here with a 19'er with an outboard on it he is asking $800.00 for it . I could get you some pics if ya like . Actually its my buddies Bro inlaw.

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Jeff I know a guy here with a 19'er with an outboard on it he is asking $800.00 for it . I could get you some pics if ya like . Actually its my buddies Bro inlaw.

Rick

Must NOT be a SS huh Rick?

Rickairmedic

Commander

LOL Honestly Kev I dont know I noticed it yesterday when I drove past his house ws in a hurry so didnt stop . I asked my buddy today and he told me 19' which is 2' to short for me anyways :D. I will get a look at it this weekend and snap some pics just in case anybody is interested . I know Jeff being in West By God Virginia is fairly close by thats why I mentioned it :D.

Rick

wvmedic

Chief Petty Officer

CheapboatKev, thanks for the reply.

Rick I would be interested, PM me.

Jeff.

Rickairmedic

Commander

Jeff I'll get some pics this weekend and shoot you a PM . I honestly didnt even know he had the boat of I might have grabbed it instead of my Jupiter which I paid $800.00 for :D.

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

So I get an email on my phone during a heated meeting....I check the website and its not even bout my boat....I feel so used:D
I wanna see pix too rick!!!

Hopefully my steering wheel will be there when I get home...
Btw..tapping out a post with this phone is a PITA..lol

Andy in NY

Commander

So I get an email on my phone during a heated meeting....I check the website and its not even bout my boat....I feel so used:D
I wanna see pix too rick!!!

Hopefully my steering wheel will be there when I get home...
Btw..tapping out a post with this phone is a PITA..lol

thats what you get for torturing yourself with email updates...

Status
Not open for further replies.