my 68 Starcraft Holiday project

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral
Re: my 68 Starcraft Holiday project

Well..Full of nyquil and mucinex..Here's my doghouse..Not really happy with it, it's just OK..Will leave for now, will keep the engine covered better than the tarp..

doghouse.jpg

Andy in NY

Commander

Well..Full of nyquil and mucinex..Here's my doghouse..Not really happy with it, it's just OK..Will leave for now, will keep the engine covered better than the tarp..

doghouse.jpg

that doesnt look too bad... i like the racing stripe, btw.

how much paint did you use on your deck?

keepNitreel

Chief Petty Officer

Looks cool to me but where are the beer holders:confused:

Rickairmedic

Commander

Looks good from my house Kev :D.

Andy Kev used the roll roll method of painting . I actually rolled and tipped mine . I am quite happy with how good the paint looks and I still need to wet sand this coat add another coat wet sand it then do the last coat wet sand and polish :D.

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Thanks guys..

Andy.
About a quart..I need to put a fresh coat down..Been rained on and is really dirty

KeepinITreel..
I have a 120 quart marine ice chest..nuff said on that one eh?

Heck Rick, I would look good from your house! lol:D

Rickairmedic

Commander

Kev it really does look pretty good granted not quite NB's but then again you didnt have a PRO cabinet maker do it either ;). I will be down in your neck of the woods this weekend but its a quick burn down grab Mother in law and her crap and burn back trip leaving friday night plan to be back here sunday :eek:.

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Ya Rick...NB has set the bar soooo high..I was hesitant to even post that pic..lol

I'll redo her at some other point, maybe after I splash her a few times and have all the bugs worked out..

I read you'd be down for your MIL...Thats one heck of a turn around bro..I am a couple hours south of Tampa actually, but may be on the Miami side Thursday & Friday..I havent decided yet

Rickairmedic

Commander

Kev you aint gonna get that boat done goofin around checkin out teeny bakinis on Miami beach . I understand the draw mind you but your boat will miss you :D.

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Funny Rick...There arent any Electrical Wholesalers down on Miami Beach, they are all in less than desireable areas, lol!:eek:

Sounds like your gonna miss a few days with your turn n burn to Tampa bro..Maybe she can repay you by lending a hand on your project when you get back!

North Beach

Commander

Kev it really does look pretty good granted not quite NB's but then again you didnt have a PRO cabinet maker do it either ;). I will be down in your neck of the woods this weekend but its a quick burn down grab Mother in law and her crap and burn back trip leaving friday night plan to be back here sunday :eek:.

Rick

Yeah the cabinet maker built it but I put the new scratches in it all by myself:eek:

Seriously kev, nothin wrong with what you've done so far. I just always wanted one of them mahogany boats. I couldn't afford one so i did this. also it helps that I'm an old keet and we done got all the kids raised and moved em out.

Plus I told my wife the wood was a Coast Guard requirement;)

Rickairmedic

Commander

LOL Ok Kev electrical wholesalers good cover :D. I still have to finish SWMBO's waterfall ( the important side is done ) but I have to finish rocking the backside :D. I hope to have mine off the trailer and ready for bottom paint before I turn and burn .

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Yeah the cabinet maker built it but I put the new scratches in it all by myself:eek:

Seriously kev, nothin wrong with what you've done so far. I just always wanted one of them mahogany boats. I couldn't afford one so i did this. also it helps that I'm an old keet and we done got all the kids raised and moved em out.

Plus I told my wife the wood was a Coast Guard requirement;)

lol...Thanks NB...I myself want one of those old 1930-thru-50's old woodies! They have a big event up in Lake Tahoe every year..It's incredible!

I'll end up adding another peice of wood on top same width as the white stripe with a hinge, set a few inches from the edge so I can flip it out and cut bait on it..I never intended for this to be a show piece, but dont want it lookin like the 3 stooges built her! lol

wooob-boo-wooob-wooooobaaaaa

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

lol..yep..Said just the battery is dead..Wonder what he'd say if I just happened to bring one!

My first boat..well the guy said it was running 6 months ago..more like 6 freekin years..bought for 200.00 sold for 300 hundred..BUT I told the kid what was wrong with her!:eek:

Rickairmedic

Commander

Hmmmmmmmm Sarasota isnt that far from Tampa and I have a trailer hitch :D . I would love that one but I dont think I could sneak it past SWMBO since the vans a 2 seater and she will be with me LOL.

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Ya Rick, you'd have to be Chriss Angel to sneak that one home!
Or...ya are just gonna look at it for a fellow iboater..and well..darn if it isnt such a good deal that you hafta grab it for yourself!

Huron Angler

Admiral

geeeez why does the good Lord do this to me? a 19.5 foot SS for 500 bucks

That is a nice looking SC I agree- I especially like the way the bow rails look on that one.:D

Hey Kev is the pitch or angle on the SS bow sharper than the holiday/jupiters? It seems to me that they were meant to get on plane more quickly for waterskiing from what I can tell. I certainly am no hydrodynamics engineer, just an observation:p

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Ya know H.A..I think you are correct there..As you said..
The SS's were meant to be ski/pleasure boats and would call for a little hull tweaking

Andy in NY

Commander

:mad: posting expired, so i cant even see that ss... oh well there will be more for me to drool over again soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.