my 68 Starcraft Holiday project

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthewp

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: my 68 Starcraft Holiday project

Yo Kev!
the doghouse looks great, man. Nice work. I take back my original comments about the cables being easy. Call me Johnny Uninformed. After reading about NB's cable woes, I now understand why you're not looking forward to doing yours.

Hey, do you work for the CIA or something?

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Thanks Matt! Welcome back

As far as my job.....

I do not know General Michael V. Hayden..In fact I don't even know who that is?????:eek:

Rickairmedic

Commander

:mad: posting expired, so i cant even see that ss... oh well there will be more for me to drool over again soon.

Andy not seeing it is not nearly as bad as seeing it and knowing youll be an hour away from it this weekend and could have gone to check it out and maybe drag it 13 hours back home :D. With the listing expired if he doesnt relist it I will have no way to contact him to go see it :(.

Rick

Andy in NY

Commander

Andy not seeing it is not nearly as bad as seeing it and knowing youll be an hour away from it this weekend and could have gone to check it out and maybe drag it 13 hours back home :D. With the listing expired if he doesnt relist it I will have no way to contact him to go see it :(.

Rick

good point, thats why when people post craigslist stuff they need to copy and paste into the thread here!

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

The link still works for me for some reason..but here ya go Andy!

Attachments

• ss starcraft 1.jpg
    ss starcraft 1.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 0
  • SS starcraft.jpg
    SS starcraft.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 0

Rickairmedic

Commander

Andy Kev was nice enough to PM me the info on the boat ( like I need 5 boats in my driveway ) LOL . I am afraid I will have to pass on this one although it does fit the requirements of my next Starcraft 19-22' Holiday or Supersport :D.

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Well since NB needs something to see..and it's been a couple days since I built the doghouse (man I am a slacker)

Here are my boxes I built for my seats. I got these on CL for 35 bux each..they were just too short!

Seat1.jpg

Heres a better shot..
Seat2.jpg

Heres one inside the boat
Seat4.jpg

seat3.jpg

And just so I got something else done..I had painted the steps last week..so I put them back in..

Steps.jpg

Well thats it for tonight..I have a new steering wheel coming, should be here when I get back from a quick biz trip I have to take at the last minute..

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Looking good kev ( progress is progress ) :D.

Rick

Thanks bud..
The longest journey begins with the first step..yada yada yada...
Thank goodness we don't have an exact "season" down here!!!
Otherwise I'd be done as soon as the local lake iced over!:eek:

Rickairmedic

Commander

ROFLMAO Kev you have seasons down there . Theres Hurricane season and then theres the rest of the year when it ony rains at some point between 3 and 5PM :D:D.

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Yeah U know it bud!
December through Feb is pretty perfect tho..

North Beach

Commander

Lookin good Kev. Can't wait for you to get it done. You know, I was thinkin, we should have a Starcraft meet somewhere convenient to both you guys down south and bob and the bunch up north. You know, like maybe around Virginia or somewhere...............

Rickairmedic

Commander

Yep thats known as INSANE season at the wonderfull world of Disney :D:D.

The other way of looking at seasons down there is theres Hot and theres Hot and Wet :D:D:D.

Rick

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Kev are those seat backs self supporting? They look my the jump seats I have bit mine are in no way able to be sat in unless they are against the back wall of the boat.....

That's funny that you couldn't find any high enough. I couldn't find any LOW enough!!!

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Lookin good Kev. Can't wait for you to get it done. You know, I was thinkin, we should have a Starcraft meet somewhere convenient to both you guys down south and bob and the bunch up north. You know, like maybe around Virginia or somewhere...............

lol...what a coincidence, I'd be down for that NB, I need to shake your hand and buy you a beer...

Yep thats known as INSANE season at the wonderfull world of Disney :D:D.
The other way of looking at seasons down there is theres Hot and theres Hot and Wet :D:D:D.
Rick

yeah you know it bud! Though my first year here they had a record cold, got down to 39 overnight..YIKES

Kev are those seat backs self supporting? They look my the jump seats I have bit mine are in no way able to be sat in unless they are against the back wall of the boat.....

That's funny that you couldn't find any high enough. I couldn't find any LOW enough!!!

lol..yep EZ, they do have a huge back plate the back and bottom are really a huge "L" I couldnt pass em up at 35 bux..but of course since then I have seen the molded plastic buckets on pedastals for 50 bux a pair on CL, I chased em down but got sold out from under me...

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Good. My rear seats have flimsy backs. Perfect for where I have 'em but would never work where you have them. I spent the evening cleaning up my boat. Man do I hate that carpet. If the weather is nice my wife and son will be joining me for a cruise tomorrow evening.

I'd be up for a Starcraft get together but unfortunately I don't think the transmission in my truck is up to a super long trip. It's on its last leg. It was slipping until I got the fluid and filter changed. The slipping is now gone but it still shifts pretty hard. I think I'll nurse it through this year and replace it next year. I already bought a brand new motor 2 years ago so with the new tranny it will basically be a new truck.

It would be interesting to see where we're all located and what would be a central location. We are all mostly east coast anyway......

Rickairmedic

Commander

I'm up for a trip to Virginia :D. What the heck I'm not that far from West by God Virginia :D:D. I just need to get mine done and water ready LOL.

Rick

Andy in NY

Commander

Lookin good kev, hurry up and splash her!

I would soooo be down with a starcraft meet n greet in VA, only about 12 hours for me. I could convince my wife we should go there for vacation next year... if anyone is serious about it lets make some plans... Bob and I could form a karavan...

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Well heck if Andy's going then I better go too! Next year would definitely be a possibility. Oh what a site all our boats would be lined up.

Floyd M

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Kev, the seats look great. What is the height of the seats with the boxes added. The original seats that were in my boat were 12", but all I can seem to find is 10" and I just don't think that is high enough. As you know the sides of the boat are high and we have a tall family. I thought about building boxes, but behind the captains chairs I was using lounge seats and if I do boxes then they either have to be the length of the entire seat when laid out which will be in the way the rest of the time or if they only go under the seats when they are upright, then the legs won't be long enough when they are laying down. Did you follow that ramble? Keep posting pics, they are great.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.