March Madness II

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
Re: March Madness II

syracuse will take out duke GG.<br />like wake and ok. state... no clue in syracuse<br />bracket???

Carphunter

Commander

Man GG, are you pro ACC or what brother. No way 3 ACC teams make it to the final four.<br /><br />If I had to pick right now, it would be, Illinois, Kansas, Syracuse,.............and my dark horse......Louisville. :D <br /><br />Hey, i'm not whining, just trying to understand. Even ESPN had Louisville at a #2 seed at worst. Not sure why they dropped them to a #4. Must be 'cause of that last game that Louisville shouldn't have won. ;) <br /><br />EDIT - Print the brackets off of ESPN, 'cause they got the teams records beside their name.

gaugeguy

Captain

I actually thought that Wake was gonna get the #1, Kentucky played themselves out of a #1 by that embarassing loss to Florida. I did think the Cards got boned by being a #4, they should have been a 2. Probably because they BARELY beat Memphis...stupid freshman that can't shoot freethrows.<br /><br />I was listening to that game on the radio, I could almost see the emotions you were going through when O'Bannon hit that three, when Garcia fouled the freshman (Jackson?), and when he made the first and missed the last two.

Carphunter

Commander

I'll tell ya this much GG, Being a diehard Cardinal fan can cause ulcers. :eek: <br /><br />Remember how Louisville lost the Kentucky game. Myles fouled Sparks with .06 seconds on the clock, and Kentucky down by one. Sparks calmly hit all three free-throws and won. I said to myself, not again!!!! This is the UK game all over again. I figured he would miss one, and then it would be overtime. Never dreamed he would miss two.<br /><br />Its destiny I tell ya...............Destiny!!!! :D

tylerin

Commander

Beware of a Bald Red Head everybody. He's going nuts :D I see your boys are playing well together Carp..............now get your hands out of your pockets.

gaugeguy

Captain

My brackets have so much red on them, it looks like Carpy rubbed his head on it. Wake losing to Va?? Kansas losing to Bucknell?? Syracuse losing to Vermont?? Gonzaga losing to Texas Tech?? I guess that is why they call it "MADNESS".<br /><br />Carpy's Albuquerque bracket is the easiest one ever formed, no doubt about it.

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by tylerin:<br /> Don't forget about Iowa Gauge ;)
I know, I know...they handled them pretty good.<br /><br />I was rooting for Cincy against Kentucky...I'm not picking them too good ;)

Carphunter

Commander

Did you guys miss me? I just got back from vacation in the Smokies. How 'bout my boys!!!! Ya know whats really funny, ......watchin D!ckie V trying to back-pedal now that the Cards whacked Georgia Tech. Poor Poor ACC, makes me wanna puke! I get so tired of all the ESPN jerks swingin on the ACC.<br /><br />Gonna be a tough game against Washington, kinda like a mirror image of Louisville.<br /><br />Now GG, don't start sayin stupid things like Louisville's bracket is the easiest, its not the Cards fault that the powerhouses, (like Georgia-tech :D ) got beat! ;) :D <br /><br />Kansas killed my bracket, had 'em in the final game. :mad: <br /><br />Gotta go, need to see if Porter Paint is still open. ;)

PW2

Commander

The difference between washington and Louisville?<br /><br />The Huskies have at least 8 guys that are talented and go full speed for the time they are in the game. With an arena at 5,000 ft, it will be tough for any team to keep pace with the Huskies for 40 minutes.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by Carphunter:<br /> ..Ya know whats really funny, ......watchin D!ckie V trying to back-pedal now that the Cards whacked Georgia Tech. Poor Poor ACC, makes me wanna puke! I get so tired of all the ESPN jerks swingin on the ACC.
yep..that ACC crap makes me sick, too.. <br /><br />- Don't look now but, it appears the Big Ten has 3 teams as does the ACC.. I'm not a Big Ten "Homer" ... just sick of the ACC BS!<br />Have been for years!<br /><br />-- this might be a far cry but, one to watch would be the UW-Milwaukee/Illinois game.. this could be a sneaker if UW-M doesn't hand Illinois the ball every 2 minutes.. I'll be watching this one for sure!

gaugeguy

Captain

Even though I had 3 teams in my final 4 from the ACC, I am not a big fan of them either. I like the Big East better, they are just lousy this year though.<br /><br />Carpy, if Kansas is the only red on your brackets you are doing really well. Let's see...Florida, Kansas, Uconn, Syracuse, Iowa, Wake, Gonzaga, and Alabama are the teams that have screwed me so far ;)

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by Barlow:<br />
Originally posted by Carphunter:<br />-- this might be a far cry but, one to watch would be the UW-Milwaukee/Illinois game.. this could be a sneaker if UW-M doesn't hand Illinois the ball every 2 minutes.. I'll be watching this one for sure!
I was thinking about that myself... it sucks that they have to play IL --- but, is it THAT remote of a chance that they will win?<br /><br />Sean

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

It's remote .. but, thats why they play the games ya know .. <br /><br />we'll see if IL comes out and commands right from the start.. If they do .. flip channel over to the history channel..<br /><br />.. 'cuz thats where the game is headed. :p :D

Carphunter

Commander

Ok PW2, hate to rub it in, but the Cardinals put it to them Huskies. Like I said before the tournament started, Louisville should have got the #1 seed in their bracket. Don't really matter though, the Cards need to stop the Cinderella team West Virginia now. Believe it or not, I had Louisville playing West Virginia in my bracket. Louisville is going to have to play another outstanding game to win, thats for sure.<br /><br />GG, there is plenty of red on my bracket too. I'm doing great on the left side, but my two final four teams are gone from the right side. :mad:

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

PS, Barlow, shrink that down some.<br />I have to have a nap before I get through scrolling to the other end. :p

Carphunter

Commander

Ditto what SBN said. That thing is HUGE! My little dial-up connection makes it tough to post to this topic.<br /><br />...anyway, looks like the Cards might be done. Down 13 at halftime. They are shooting horrible, and West Virginia is lighting it up. Hope Pitino can motivate 'em at halftime. <br /><br />Go easy on me guys if Louisville loses......alright! ;)

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

I will never doubt my Illini again. :eek: :eek: :eek: <br /><br />Louisville was as impressive as I've seen them today too.