March Madness II

Carphunter

Commander
Re: March Madness II

'speck, now what kinda Cardinal fan would I be if I didn't bust your chops about them Mildcats. ;) <br /><br />You guys got the bragging rights for the year, thats for sure, but my Cards are gonna make some noise in the tournament. (I just hope that noise ain't a choking sound). :p

gaugeguy

Captain

Dark horses...Oklahoma St. and Gonzaga, but in my brackets (when they come out), I think I am gonna run North Carolina this year.

Carphunter

Commander

So basically GG, you just root for whoever is winning. :confused: ........... :D <br /><br />Everybody on ESPN is picking NC. Except Vitale of course, who comes up for air just long enough to say........."Dukies all the way.....babeeee"

Carphunter

Commander

........You believe Tylerin talkin 'bout them "Thugcats".<br /><br />I think I remember somebody talkin trash last year about the thugcats beatin the Cards twice.....................amazing the difference a year makes. ;) <br /><br />Them "Thugcats" ain't even on Louisville's radar. :p

aspeck

Staff member

cough...cough...gag...choke...auck...gasp...wheez...thud<br />That was the sound of the Cards exiting the building in the FIRST round!<br /><br />I must admit, it has been a bit tough to keep track of the b-ball season with the internet connection being so horrible again. There is hope though, maybe in 3 weeks we will have satelite DSL connection! We are only one stamp away from the bank loan to start up the company!

gaugeguy

Captain

What a day of hoops yesterday, Illinois, Kentucky, Duke and Kansas all fall. The NC v. Duke game was an instant classic. The madness has started!!! Carpy, your birds may be ranked in the top 5 now ;)

Carphunter

Commander

Tell me about it GG, crazy day of hoops. Yesterday was the first time I have heard Louisville mentioned as a possible #1 seed. They will have to win their conference tournament, and someone will have to lose above them for that to happen though, I think.<br /><br />At least Kentucky lost,........ I wondered why the sun was shining this morning. :p

tylerin

Commander

Originally posted by Carphunter:<br /> Tell me about it GG, crazy day of hoops. Yesterday was the first time I have heard Louisville mentioned as a possible #1 seed. They will have to win their conference tournament, and someone will have to lose above them for that to happen though, I think.
Sure and if Grandma had huevos she would have been Grandpa

TilliamWe

Banned

Proud Ohioan living in Illinois today!!! Way to go Buckeyes!<br /><br />That said, I want Illinois to win it all, so I can be proud that my home state is better than my adopted state in yet something else!

Carphunter

Commander

Nice to see Tylerin empty his mouth long enough to make a comment. :p <br /><br />You and your buddy GG are gonna look awful foolish when your GameCocks don't make the tournament. ;)

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by Carphunter:<br /> You and your buddy GG are gonna look awful foolish when your GameCocks don't make the tournament. ;)
It's a Chicken-hawk,I say, I say, I say (in my best Foghorn Leghorn voice)<br /> ;)

Carphunter

Commander

New rankings has Louisville at #6. :D <br /><br />Sorry to say that the gameCocks did not receive any votes. :( ............ :D

tylerin

Commander

Bearcats are ranked 21, but will finish much higher. Just don't see Lousville making it past the Sweet 16. ;)

gaugeguy

Captain

I was watching some dolt on ESPN last night and he was picking his "dark horse" Louisville to make it to the Final 4. He must have been smoking the same stuff Carpy is :D <br /><br />Illinois remained #1 (as they should have), I'm still picking NC to win it all.

tylerin

Commander

Gauge does that "Dolt" know that Lousville "chokes" this time of the year..................every year :p

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by tylerin:<br /> Gauge does that "Dolt" know that Lousville "chokes" this time of the year..................every year :p
LMAO, he said exactly that!!! He said the Cards usually stumble this time of year due to injuries or just going into a shooting slump, but he didn't see that happening this year. He also said watch out for Villanova.

Carphunter

Commander

Now seriously, how could anyone talk about "choking" when the team they root for is lead by the ultimate choke artist.....Bob Hug-these. :p Don't the Thugcats always lose to a lower seed?..............Always I say. <br /><br />Sorry to tell ya guys, but the Thugcats, and GameCocks have not exactly been powerhouses in the tournament.............ever. ;)

tylerin

Commander

PLEEEEEEASE Carp tell me when was the last time Lousvile finished above Cincy? :confused: