March Madness II

Carphunter

Commander
Re: March Madness II

I bet you did ;)
Twice. :p <br /><br />Ellis Myles for louisville has 10 points, 10 assists, and 10 rebounds with three minutes left. :eek: <br /><br />Just call me Stat-boy. :D

gaugeguy

Captain

What did you get out of work early to check out the game???<br /><br />I'll be looking for that slam tonight, cause it excites me too when they play above the rim like that.

Carphunter

Commander

Yeah GG, I took off early. Remember, I'm in the final 2-weeks at my current job. I'm sorta like a lame duck. (Have fun with that one).<br /><br />Hey Ty, Cinci sure looked great last night. :eek: <br /><br />All of a sudden, Louisville's 2 wins over Cinci this year don't mean too much. :D

gaugeguy

Captain

I saw that slam by O'Bannon last night, didn't even make the top-ten plays...slightly above average at best. Now if he had to jump over someone to throw it down, he would have had a real hi-light. <br /><br />BC falls to West Virginia, told you they were over-rated. UConn's tourney to take now.

tylerin

Commander

Originally posted by Carphunter:<br />Hey Ty, Cinci sure looked great last night. :eek: <br /><br />All of a sudden, Louisville's 2 wins over Cinci this year don't mean too much. :D
No not when S Florida beats the crap out if them. Still my team. :mad:

Carphunter

Commander

Well Ty, let me tell ya, I went through alot of bad Louisville years. Guess thats why I get so excited now when they do well. It was tough to be a Louisville fan during the 90's, thats for sure. But I stuck with 'em. :) <br /><br />GG, slightly above average at best? It was awesome brother................AWESOME I TELL YA!!!!! :D <br /><br />Charlotte lost also. Louisville has to play UAB, who they typically struggle with. Their point guard, "Squeeky" Johnson is awesome. He is so unbelievably fast. Louisville struggles with quick point guards. This should be a close game.

tylerin

Commander

Hey Carp I'm a Cincy Bengal fan and a Reds fan so let me tell ya I've seen some lean years. Refuse to change my teams. BTW I use to go see the Cincinati Royals, with the Big O coached by Cousy

gaugeguy

Captain

I've seen my share of lean years as well being a Red Sox and Patriots fan, the new millenium has been berry berry good to me ;)

Carphunter

Commander

Well, I'm a Titans fan, so I can't say much about Football. I don't care at all about Baseball.<br /><br />College basketball is the pinnacle for me. Of course, living in Indiana, Basketball is the sport of choice,.............(right after Cow-tippin). :D

tylerin

Commander

Have to admit I was watching Cincy get there buts kicked last night on play-by-play on the computer last night while the wife was watching a reality tv show. At the end of the game I was just staring at the monitor (21 inch mind you). Now thats reality tv. :mad:

gaugeguy

Captain

Living in NH, I don't really have a college b-ball team to root for. I won't root for BC or Uconn because they are rivals to UNH in hockey. I absolutely won't ever root for a NY team, even an upstate team like Syracuse. So when it comes to college hoops, I'll usually grab a team about this time every year (never Duke or an overall #1 ranked team) and follow them. This year it happens to be N. Carolina.

Carphunter

Commander

"This year it happens to be North Carolina". Way to go out on a limb there GG. :rolleyes: North Carolina is the overwhelming choice on ESPN to win it all.<br /><br />I may not care for Cinci, but at least Ty sticks by his team. <br /><br />As long as Roy Williams is at the helm, the Tarheels will falter. Better hope they don't run into my Cards! ..............The team I root for...............every year...............no matter what.<br /><br />Dang fair weather fans! :D <br /><br />Know how you feel Ty. Kinda like me watchin Xavier knock Louisville outta the tournament last year. :mad:

tylerin

Commander

Damn Xavier is a bad word around here. Whats with that puke team.They beat Cincy every year. If Cincy loses I usually root within the conference. Talk about eating horse sh!t :D

gaugeguy

Captain

I have my dark horses as well...Villanova, Oklahoma St and Gonzaga. As far as ESPN is concerned, they wouldn't be picking them if Duke had beaten them last week. They must have been checking Iboats out to see who I was gonna be following :p

Carphunter

Commander

Louisville won a hard fought game. Whew!<br /><br />UAB is 21-10 now, I would sure like to see them make the tournament. I think they could really beat some teams.

PW2

Commander

Don't forget the Pac 10 teams. Arizona is outstanding, and when Washington is on their game they are hard to beat. They could go on a roll.<br /><br />The ACC is overrated, as usual.<br /><br />Illinois is probably the class of the tourney, but they could stumble.

Carphunter

Commander

Louisville got screwed!!!! How can you be ranked as the #6 team in the country, and get a #4 seed in the tournament. :mad: The only good thing is, I think the Cards can come out of that region.<br /><br />Man, I sure don't understand some of the seedings in this tournament. Washington a #1. :confused: <br /><br />Hey Ty, if Kentucky wins, and Cinci wins, then they play each other. I will be rootin hard for them Bearcats if that happens. ;)

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

.. sounds like a bit of whinning Carpy :p :D <br /><br />here ya go..<br /><br />(edit}

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

take niagra over OK if u r looking for a first<br />round upset ;) <br /><br />buffalo got $crewed! they lost mac champ. game<br />by 1 point in overtime and NO invite!

gaugeguy

Captain

Well Carpy, you lucked out by falling into one of the worst brackets ever put together by the selection commitee. I have the Cardinals making it to the Elite eight and losing to Wake Forest. Sorry Tylerin, I have you bowing out in the first round to Iowa. My final four is Wake, Ok. St, NC and Duke. NC over Wake in the finals.<br /><br />My big first round upset is Pennsylvania taking out BC.