March Madness II

stratosman1

Cadet
Re: March Madness II

I think I just saw the greatest comeback in tourny. history. That Illinois game was AWESOME, if that game doesn't propell them to National Champs I'll become a Buckeye fan.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

The Cards did a good job too in overtime.<br />Be an interesting final 4 for sure.

llfish

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Have to take your hat for to Illinois. Fiveteen points down with less than 4 min. to go. Az shot their-selfs in the foot by trying to run the clock out.

tylerin

Commander

My team is out but I thoroughly enjoyed yesterdays games. I was actually feeling sorry for Carpy for a few minutes. That won't happen again :D

Carphunter

Commander

How 'bout them Cardinals!!!! Them dang boys are gonna give me heart failure. :eek: I've never seen a team shoot the three like West Virginia. Took a lot of guts for Louisville to come back from 20 down to win that game. That was just awesome!!<br /><br />......and Illinois. I don't think i've ever seen a comeback like that. Arizona should have won that game. Hats off to the Illini though.<br /><br />Louisville will absolutely have to play the game of their lives to beat the Ilini. I'm sure Louisville will be huge underdogs.<br /><br />I must say though that I think Louisville has exceeded everyones expectations. Let me ask, who here, (other than me), had Louisville in the final four? Believe it or not, but on my bracket I have Louisville playing Illinois. Got lucky on that one I guess. :rolleyes: <br /><br />I love this time of year!!!!! GO C A R D S!!!!!!!!! :D

stratosman1

Cadet

Starting to look like maybe the Big Ten isn't such a second rate conference anymore. (I hate the ACC) GO ILLINI!!!!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Hey Carpy, how ironic would that be? An all Kentucky final. :cool: <br /><br />I know, I know, but it could happen. :)

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> PS, Barlow, shrink that down some.<br />I have to have a nap before I get through scrolling to the other end. :p
you talkin' about this?...<br /><br />
<br /><br /> :p <br /><br /><br /> <<<<< as barlow boils N.Carolina's rabbits foot in hopes of a win for Bucky >>>>><br /><br />Hey Carpy .. congrats on the come from behind win!!

BigPoppaG

Chief Petty Officer

Michigan State RULES!!..............It just means I'm still in the NCAA pool at work. lol

SpinnerBait_Nut

Well, my Cats might not have won, but with 2 OT's what a great game.<br />Go Cards.!!!!!!!

Carphunter

Commander

Since SBN is such a classy Kentucky fan, I will save all my remarks for 'Speck.<br /><br />Come on 'speck, start handing out the excuses. :p <br /><br />Maybe you guys can hang your hat on the Louisville win this year. :D <br /><br />I've never seen so many good games. Gotta hope the Cards can pull a couple of upsets. <br /><br />This sure beats losing in the first round. ;)

tylerin

Commander

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> Well, my Cats might not have won, but with 2 OT's what a great game.<br />Go Cards.!!!!!!!
Great game, my hat goes off to all teams playing this weekend.

gaugeguy

Captain

Yeah, what a weekend. I found myself actually rooting for Kentucky so there would be a Carpy/Aspeck death match in the finals. Thought it was awful classy for the Mich St. players to go out of their way to give props to Hayes when he left the game with under 1 second to play.

John Carpenter

Petty Officer 1st Class

As a die hard Cat fan, a loss at this point in the season is pretty hard to take. However, we did have our chances...just lost a hard fought game to a very good team. Props to Michigan State...class act with a very good coach. Hard for me to pick a team to root for from here. I was born in Louisville & my Dad played football for them...on the other hand, I would like to at least be able to say that we lost to the eventual National Champions. Three good games yet to come!<br /><br />Have to say that I am already looking forward to next year. The Cats will be loaded.

aspeck

Staff member

Can't get much news with this internet connection, but since Carpy called me out, here is what I emailed him the other day:<br /><br />Congrats on your team making it to the Final 4. My #1 pick didn't, but I knew they would be in a tough match with Michigan State. Remember, I am an even bigger Penn State fan (wish we could get a B-ball team that could actually play with the big boys), so I am also rooting for the Big 10 - you know, that second rate basketball conference. The one that only has 50% of the final 4 teams?!? So, even though the "Mildcats" (as you call them) lost, I am still able to gloat a little bit!<br /> <br />Even though the Wildcats didn't make it to the final 4, we still beat you in the regular season! So where ever you go in the tourney, we are still one better than you! How is that for fan reasoning and rationalization?!?!<br /> <br />Congrats again for making it this far, and GO BIG TEN!

aspeck

Staff member

Hope you are happy, Crappy - that took 2 1/2 hours to respond to! I hate this lousey dial-up!

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

I think I've calmed down enough now to post a congrats to the N.Carolina team and fans out there.. <br /><br />What a run for the Badgers..<br /><br />.. a Big Ten Final ???.. hmmmmm :D

gaugeguy

Captain

I only have 1 team left in my brackets, my only saving grace is that it's the team I picked to win it, NC. First tourney in years that I have not achieved 40 wins :(

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

Barlow, sorry aboot (no I didn't mispell that!! :D ) your Badgers! I was hoping for a three big ten final four. My Spartans are still kickin!!!! :D

gaugeguy

Captain

Hey Carpy,<br />How bout those Gamecocks??? They won the "little dance" last night on a trey at the buzzer :D