Love, Necessity and Pride

Status
Not open for further replies.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Re: Love, Necessity and Pride

Even with just a little primer on you can tell it's gunna turn out sweet ! Can't wait ta see some finish paint !:)

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Even with just a little primer on you can tell it's gunna turn out sweet ! Can't wait ta see some finish paint !:)

My exact sentiments, Sir...Thanks!

I won't be able to get any more work done today since the skies have been constantly leaving the faucet turned on, but I did sneak a five minute window of drying a small section with a rag and hitting it with a few swipes of 180 grit...WOW!!! this epoxy primer sands beautifully, although since it was only one coat, I broke through several places...that will be remedied when I get back to it...

My intentions are to either wet sand with 220, or machine sand with 320, just to open up the pores of my test coat...then, after a thorough Acetone wipe down, I will build up several heavy coats, to give it some body, let it cure and then give it a finish sand...

Hope everyone had a good Sunday, and may the working week fly by...:D

Trooper82

Commander

I agree with SP...that is going to turn out great!

jbcurt00

Staff member

May your week fly by as well:) Good news about the sand-ability & coverage w/ the primer

Decker83

Commander

The primer looks good on her. Hope you get a chance to get her all primed before the rain sets in. Had to stop today about 2:30 because of the rain.

Have a question about your fairing. Why did you stop using the mix you had and go with the marine tex? I have used marine tex and like it very well, but it sure is expensive.
Have a great week.

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander

Hey do you think you could send some of that rain this way?
Primer looks good to :)

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

I agree with SP...that is going to turn out great!

May your week fly by as well:) Good news about the sand-ability & coverage w/ the primer

The primer looks good on her. Hope you get a chance to get her all primed before the rain sets in. Had to stop today about 2:30 because of the rain.

Have a question about your fairing. Why did you stop using the mix you had and go with the marine tex? I have used marine tex and like it very well, but it sure is expensive.
Have a great week.

Hey do you think you could send some of that rain this way?
Primer looks good to :)

Thanks Gents...

Decker-
I used my mix to do the major filling and fairing, but that stuff dries rock hard and sanding it by hand is next to impossible, so I used a DA sander to knock down the heaviest of it and somewhat fair it, but as is the case with a DA, it is very difficult to keep things flat, usually end up wavy at best...

When I did a test with the Marine-Tex {M-T} and saw the results of being able to block sand it by hand, pretty quickly, and get great results...Plus the fact that most of the fairing I had left to do, was very shallow and the first Marine-tex kit was "free"...well, you start to get the picture...

I know that woodonglass has a recipe for a fairing filler that is supposed to be easy to sand just using resin, cabosil, and micro-ballons {M-B's}...it is more than likely a LOT cheaper than Marine-Tex and probably works just as well...

I didn't have any on hand, and couldn't justify the expense to go pick up some micro-ballons, so I worked with what I had on hand and the Marine-Tex 'gift'...

When I get to working on the cap, where I am sure there will be a ton more filling and fairing to do, I seriously doubt I will be using the M-T...instead, I will get some M-B's and mix up some WoG Filler and give that a go...

Boatnut-
I will speak with some of my contacts and see what I can do about sending some rain up your way...:rolleyes:

Happy Monday, fellas...

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

most of the country is in dire need of some rain....but how about just sending it our way in the middle of the night, when it wont interfere with our resto projects??

:)

vcaptain

Petty Officer 1st Class

Way to keep up the good work Gus! It'll be splashed in no time!

kwik_uk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Some great progress here GT.

Tower of power looks good. Can't wait to see it on the back of Bassassin :D:cool:

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander

With the box contents in hand you at least have something to do while it rains.

Hull does look better with some primer on it can't wait to see it zit free w/ a full coat. :D

bear_69cuda

Commander

Brutha Gus!

Looking killer primed up!

Congratz on the power tower! Boat is gunna roast!

Are you Keel Guarding?

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

most of the country is in dire need of some rain....but how about just sending it our way in the middle of the night, when it wont interfere with our resto projects??

I know a guy who knows a guy who's second cousin knows a dude who talked with his friend who will try and work something out for ya...:rolleyes:

Way to keep up the good work Gus! It'll be splashed in no time!

If by no time, you mean in the distant future, I agree...:eek:...Thanks for stopping by...:D

Some great progress here GT.

Tower of power looks good. Can't wait to see it on the back of Bassassin

You and me both...:)

With the box contents in hand you at least have something to do while it rains.

Hull does look better with some primer on it can't wait to see it zit free w/ a full coat.

Fortunately, I have been slammed solid with work...so progress may slow down a bit, but the money tree will get some much needed fertilizer...;)

Brutha Gus!

Looking killer primed up!

Congratz on the power tower! Boat is gunna roast!

Are you Keel Guarding?

Just passed thru your shop and heard good things about the keel guard, so I am definitely gonna save up a little green for the imminent purchase of same...

Thanks for dropping by Brutha Bear...:D

Hope everyone is having a good start to the week and may your dreams all be filled with Happy Boat Thoughts...

rrumba

Ensign

i will gladly send you some from our area...... it seems that any time i try to work on it the sky opens up. rain, rain and more rain... i need sunshine

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

i will gladly send you some from our area...... it seems that any time i try to work on it the sky opens up. rain, rain and more rain... i need sunshine

This is another brother from another mother that has some good connections...I am gathering all my peeps in an effort to get some liquid sunshine up that way as soon as possible...don't get me wrong, I have a vested interest in making sure the entire country gets their share of rain...without adequate rain, the crops are gonna suffer, especially corn and soy beans...if that happens, everything goes up in price...so let's make an Iboats push for rain where it is needed...I know controlling the weather is beyond our capacity, but there are ways...;):)

jbcurt00

Staff member

Aahh, yeah, you can ask the rain makers to turn the taps off in WV now.

Maybe you should have been a little more clear on a reasonable volume per unit of time w/ the moisture dispersal field units :eek:

2 days worth in an hour is a tad much, quite a bit too fast:facepalm:

Decker83

Commander

Good to hear you have alot of work going on. There is alot of people that can't say that now days.
I hear ya on the M T. It's a good product. Hope the fertilizer works well on the money tree.
Looking foward to seeing more paint on the boat.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Finally Friday has arrived and I am beat...

Thankfully a nice Hot shower, a frosty beverage, a smokin stogie, and the arrival of a small parcel make all the weariness go away...

First there is this hole that needs filling...

DSCF2004.jpg

And this is the new Sea Dog SS captive bilge drain to fill it...Bling!

DSCF2005.jpg

Nothing too spectacular, but it does look pretty cool...

Have a great weekend, y'all!

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Ahhhhh, a beer, a nice stick, and some boat bling... the Trifecta... Cheers from Mississippi...

Hopefully, the rain holds off for you this weekend...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

I guy at work gave me a box of cigars . I smoked one and my head started spinning !LOL! I kinda got hooked on em for a while . I've quit for about a year now but maybe I'll fire one up on splash day ta celebrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.