Love, Necessity and Pride

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: Love, Necessity and Pride

Nice looking drain plug ya got there mister:cool:

Hoping for dry skies down your way..... Worked on the steering hub in the rain tonight.... Finallly, at least no lightening:)

Trooper82

Commander

Like they say on Firefly......shiny!

Hope weather holds out and you get lots of sanding done Gus.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

I gave all that up 20 yrs ago. Sawdust and shop time are my Addictions now. Hope your weekend is productive my friend. Supposed to be 108? here today
too-hot_2461.jpg

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

I want to take a moment and share a thought about the terrible occurrence that has transpired in Colorado...

May the Lord Bless and Comfort all who have been affected.

My thoughts and prayers are with them.

Like they say on Firefly......shiny!

Hope weather holds out and you get lots of sanding done Gus.

I have watched the entire series of Firefly, thoroughly enjoyed it...hope you are feeling better...

Weather looks great for the time being...but...

Nice looking drain plug ya got there mister:cool:

Hoping for dry skies down your way..... Worked on the steering hub in the rain tonight.... Finallly, at least no lightening:)

Glad to hear you got some hub work done without getting zapped...

Skies look clear...

I guy at work gave me a box of cigars . I smoked one and my head started spinning !LOL! I kinda got hooked on em for a while . I've quit for about a year now but maybe I'll fire one up on splash day ta celebrate.

You do know you aren't supposed to inhale these things...??? Although the good ones will give you a whirl...

Hey that's a thought, maybe I'll ship out a cigar to all my Iboats buds, right before I splash...kinda like when you have a newborn...:rolleyes:

Ahhhhh, a beer, a nice stick, and some boat bling... the Trifecta... Cheers from Mississippi...

Hopefully, the rain holds off for you this weekend...

Hmmm, trifecta...haven't been to the track in years, maybe...

And, Yes, the rain is holding for now, unfortunately...got a couple of shindigs happening this weekend...one at work, to commemorate "Under New Management"...and one at the inlaws, to celebrate a cousins B-day...

Then tomorrow, very early, gonna go out and try to catch our limits...

Will report with updates as they become available...till then...

Have a Great Saturday, guys...

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

I gave all that up 20 yrs ago. Sawdust and shop time are my Addictions now. Hope your weekend is productive my friend. Supposed to be 108? here today
too-hot_2461.jpg

Thank you, Sir...

But definitely watch out for that Okie Heat...I lived it and know how sapping it can be...stay hydrated, stay safe and hopefully get some quality wet time with the BF...:D

bear_69cuda

Commander

Brutha Gus,

Where didja git that killer bling dood? I like that style garboard drain!

I've had my share of Yuengling whenever I'm out east on business! YUMMY!

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Brutha Gus,

Where didja git that killer bling dood? I like that style garboard drain!

I've had my share of Yuengling whenever I'm out east on business! YUMMY!

Found it at Amazon, under 20 bucks, including shipping...

And if you ever make it to Northern Havana [aka, Miami...]...I'll have plenty of frosty ones for our mutual enjoyment...;)

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Hey GT I got a wet sanding question for ya. Seeing as you kinda do it for a living , when sanding and you get that kinda stuck or suction feeling on the sanding block should you just power thru the stroke or ease up and hit it from a different angle or something..
I know It's prolly a dumb question but I'm always worried about messing up the paint.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Hey GT I got a wet sanding question for ya. Seeing as you kinda do it for a living , when sanding and you get that kinda stuck or suction feeling on the sanding block should you just power thru the stroke or ease up and hit it from a different angle or something..
I know It's prolly a dumb question but I'm always worried about messing up the paint.

Darn good question...

Use some liquid soap in your water to help lubricate the works...doesn't matter how much...could even make it sudsy if you like...also, rinse frequently...either with a wet towel or hose...

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Finally an update...

Saturday Morning, got inspired and did the final {for now} sanding before applying the primer...

Rest of the day, busy with previously mentioned shindigs...a good time was had by all...

Then did a little night fishing out on the "Alley", and I even brought home some keepers...

DSCF2013.jpg

Then Sunday, I got busy early to try and get some primer on the hull...started out by double checking my previous sanding efforts and then gave the hull a good wash down with some soap and water...

Hopefully be the last time it will look this way...

DSCF2006.jpg

DSCF2009.jpg

Then things got wet, I mean it started to rain all day off and on...so there went my plans for painting...

By Sunday evening, things got really bad for me...I started to get the beginnings of what has turned out to be a massive toothache caused by an infected and long ago broken tooth...

Was able to calm it down with some Ibuprofen but by the time I got home after work Monday, there weren't enough meds to knock the pain back and by that time there are no Dentists open and an emergency call doesn't even get responded to...

To say the least, I got ZERO sleep that night...finally got hold of a dentist at 8:30 AM Tuesday morning that could take a look...

Well, to make an ongoing story as short as possible...He prescribed some major pain meds and serious antibiotics...and finally by about 9PM, the meds started to take effect and I was finally able to get some snooze time...Friday, I go in for "The Procedure" to eliminate the offending infection...

Which brings me to today, Wednesday...I am still feeling quite a bit out of it and being on some pretty potent meds had already planned on taking the day off work. By this afternoon, I felt fair enough to get four good coats of primer on the hull just before the skies once again started leaking...

DSCF2020.jpg

DSCF2021.jpg

DSCF2019.jpg

My next plan, after the upcoming dental office visit...Is to make a couple of small attempts at trying to apply the sparkly Silver paint with a foam roller and see if I can live with the results...If that doesn't pan out, I have a plan B and a Plan C thru Z + 1-10...

Thanks for bearing through another of my long winded posts and may everyone have a Happy downhill slide to the end of the week...

jbcurt00

Staff member

Out out bad tooth :redface:

Nice fish

Nicer primer.;) Makes my head hurt looking at all the contours in that hull :facepalm:

Looks great though, filling, prepping & paint!

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander

I know what your going through with the tooth pain, I'm in the same boat so to speak. The primer makes it look good already, You did an awesome job smoothing out the hull. Once you get it done you are more than welcome to make the repairs on the bottom of my Silverline. (there is no way it's going to get fliped either) :D

Decker83

Commander

Sorry to hear about the tooth. That is some of the worst pain to go thourgh.
The hull looks fantastic. Great job.

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander

Nothing worse than a toothache! I feel for ya.

Looks million times better one color.:)

Good luck on the glitter paint.

Trooper82

Commander

You almost had me GT...was convinced you didn't get to do the priming...but you did and it looks great!

Hope that paint goes well...have you tested on a sacrificial surface yet?
GL with the dental work...I dislike dentists almost as much as doctors myself...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Sorry about the tooth GT ,I got an old root canal acting up a little myself. The morning hot coffee :eek: !!!
The hull primer looks great ! Did you roll it ?

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Out out bad tooth

Nice fish

Nicer primer. Makes my head hurt looking at all the contours in that hull

Looks great though, filling, prepping & paint!

Hopefully bad toothessess out by Friday, I got some boat work I would like to do on the weekend...

Sometimes I think the guy who designed this hull looks something like this...

Alien_aliens_for_peace.png

I know what your going through with the tooth pain, I'm in the same boat so to speak. The primer makes it look good already, You did an awesome job smoothing out the hull. Once you get it done you are more than welcome to make the repairs on the bottom of my Silverline. (there is no way it's going to get fliped either)

Thanks, I can't wait to get more done...I like the idea of Twin outdrives hanging off the back of the Silverline...that would look really neat!

If I have to come up there and get the hull faired and painted for you, to get it in the water, WELL then, that's what I'll have to do...:p

Sorry to hear about the tooth. That is some of the worst pain to go thourgh.
The hull looks fantastic. Great job.

Thanks, Your fairing job is turning out amazing...

Fish fhoto!!

MMMMMM, Tasteee!

Nothing worse than a toothache! I feel for ya.

Looks million times better one color.

Good luck on the glitter paint.

Thanks, glitter test coming soon...

You almost had me GT...was convinced you didn't get to do the priming...but you did and it looks great!

Hope that paint goes well...have you tested on a sacrificial surface yet?
GL with the dental work...I dislike dentists almost as much as doctors myself...

Docs and dents, I tend to be allergic to both...hope you are feeling better...

Test panel, soon!

Sorry about the tooth GT ,I got an old root canal acting up a little myself. The morning hot coffee !!!
The hull primer looks great ! Did you roll it ?

Yeah, according to the dentist, this could become the beginning of a long relationship...:facepalm:...I got a lot of little neglected oral problems...:rolleyes:

Yes, I did roll it with a 4" foam roller...

Thanks for stopping in guys and may your boat production be WAY less painful than a toothache...:D

Happy Thursday!

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

i think when people use to say "sink your teeth into your work", they didn't mean it literally!!!!!

looking good

Status
Not open for further replies.