Love, Necessity and Pride

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Re: Love, Necessity and Pride

OK, sooo, I get home, Sun is out, no rain on the horizon...temp is a mild 100 or so, and I decide to get a bit of sanding done...

Still need to go back and add a bit more filler to some low spots and do a ton more block sanding, but some Friday evening progress nonetheless...

All the white areas are the Marine-Tex that I previously applied and are either sanded and ready for final, hopefully, filling...or waiting to be sanded and filled...and by the way, this final stretch of the sanding-fest is all by hand...

I am using my favorite sanding blocks from work...these things are DABOMB!...

DSCF1976.jpg

DSCF1973.jpg

DSCF1970.jpg

DSCF1966.jpg

And an overall after a quick wash down...

DSCF1978.jpg

DSCF1980.jpg

And then something really cool happened...

I was just getting ready to call it a day, when I see out of the corner of my eye...

The Big White Fed-Ex Ground truck drive by...

Just on a whim I decide to see if by any chance, it stopped in front of the house...

Yes, it did...

Anyhow, I hope everyone is having a good ending to the week, Happy Friday, and may the weekend be full of happy boaters and happier boat restorers...

Later,
GT

Trooper82

Commander

Looking real nice GT....

You know how to leave us hanging....

White fedex ground....stops at your place...then sea ya?

Something for the boat perhaps? ;)

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Looking real nice GT....

You know hwow to leave us hanging....

White fedex ground....stops at your place...then sea ya?

Something for the boat perhaps? ;)

Gotta run for now, but, Yes...sumtin for da boat...:eek:

jbcurt00

Staff member

WTH GT... That's at least as bad *** my bow-ectomy on the Jet thread. BUT, you don't have to wait for the payoff, I posted the pix in the same post as the taunt....

Mean, mean, mean... Like we don't all wait anxiously already for updates, not this:facepalm:

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander

Awwwww c'mon man whats in the box???????

Looks like you have the two most important tools in the first pic. :D

Hull's looking good, here's hoping you finish the sanding up this weekend.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Toe's tapping , thumbs twiddling, looking at my watch .........

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Dang, got called away on a family assistance mission, helping out my wonderful sister at her Cigar & Wine Store...she had one of her cigar purveyors doing a promo at her store, and she needed her baby brother's help in keeping the masses well tended...I stayed on till almost 5am, helping to clean-up afterwards and get her, a bunch of chairs and tables, safely back home...

By the time I got home, it was almost 6am, time to get up and make coffee...

Better half off to work, planning on getting an early start on some sanding...starts raining...

Oh well, hadn't gotten any sleep in over a day or so...lie down to nap, ring-ring-ring...

Cousin needs help moving some stuff from point A to point B, okie-dokie...half awake...run up North, pick-up/load/drop-off...2 trips, almost 6 hours later...get home, seems clear, kinda tired, hot as Hades, but awww heck, let's try and get some sanding done...pull out the extension cords, tools, radio...skies start to darken then quickly liquify...I surrender...gonna call it a day...eat some lunch and take a long snooze...

Just waking up now...

Ahhhh, that feels a little better, still kind of wobbly and disoriented from the sleep/time shift...:confused:

Needless to say, haven't gotten any boat work done...

And then I remembered...:rolleyes:

Oh yeah!?! Big White Fed-Ex Truck, Pulls up to the house, stops and...

Hmmmm...could it be...its large, its heavy, its...:eek:

The Power part of my Tower of Power is back, rebuilt and safely home, awaiting some assembly required...

YeeeeeeHaaaaa! Doing the Happy Dance...
1055.gif
:dance:

Hey and the skies seem to be parting, so maybe even get some sanding done...

Have a great rest of your Saturday's fellas, I am gonna get sweaty and dusty and earn me a couple of frosty cold ones...

Last edited:

Jon Sob

Master Chief Petty Officer

Man .... you had a crazy day but opening your package made you forget all about it huh? Love the happy dance ....lol.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Nice package delivery. Next time pay extra for rain free same day service:D

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Since it is Saturday nite, I got my shower, getting into relax mode, frosty green bottle thirst quencher with the top popped all set for consumption, and here to report the final update for the day...

Knocked out the entire first rough sanding, then sprayed on a guide coat...

DSCF1985.jpg

DSCF1987.jpg

DSCF1983.jpg

DSCF1988.jpg

And blocked it all back down...

In these you can see the dark areas that are left to be filled and sanded...

DSCF1990.jpg

DSCF1992.jpg

Hopefully get some more Marine-Tex on the low spots in the AM, let it set up, and be ready for final fairing and prep for primer...

Unfortunately I ran out of daylight to apply the final skim coat of Marine-tex, and will have to wait a few hours for it to set hard enough to sand...

Sets back my priming until next weekend, but that's OK...

Happy Sunday and Good Night...after last nite, I am hitting the hay real soon...

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Go Gus Go!!!!! Don't get to anal like I did. My first outing scarred up all my hard work and now it does'nt seem worth all the effort I put into it.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Nice work w/ the guide coat & the block sanding, you must be 1 of them thar proFessional body work fellas:cool: The frosty relaxation aid beverages confirms it:)

Trooper82

Commander

That bottom will be as smooth as a babies, good progress, lookin GT!

Willyclay

Captain

The Power part of my Tower of Power is back, rebuilt and safely home, awaiting some assembly required...YeeeeeeHaaaaa! Doing the Happy Dance...
1055.gif

If you get this worked up over just seeing it in a box, I can't wait to hear your reaction to that I6 running on the hose for the first time. Good luck Gus!

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Nice package you got there...ok that came out wrong....I mean, tower of power...darn...I mean motor...

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Go Gus Go!!!!! Don't get to anal like I did. My first outing scarred up all my hard work and now it does'nt seem worth all the effort I put into it.

I promise not to over do it, Wood...just enough so the little bugs that crawl around in my brain don't take over...:rolleyes:...

Most of the final filling I have to do are the really deep bits left, I think between all the sanding and priming left to do...the minor scratches and such will disappear.

Nice work w/ the guide coat & the block sanding, you must be 1 of them thar proFessional body work fellas:cool: The frosty relaxation aid beverages confirms it:)

Well, could be, you know...

That bottom will be as smooth as a babies, good progress, lookin GT!

Thanks!

If you get this worked up over just seeing it in a box, I can't wait to hear your reaction to that I6 running on the hose for the first time. Good luck Gus!

I just hope I can video that moment...it will certainly be a keeper!

Nice package you got there...ok that came out wrong....I mean, tower of power...darn...I mean motor...

Thank you, Senyor!...no further comment...:facepalm:

Well, Sunday morning...got out there early, started to apply filler, started to rain, stopped applying filler, stopped raining, started to apply filler, started raining, stopped applying filler, stopped raining, started applying filler...this went on most of the morning, but finally got what I believe to be the last of the filling done...if the Sun stays out, it should kick off by this afternoon, and I will try to get most, if not all of it sanded down...and finally prepped for primer...

Speaking of primer, I have been "inducting" a small test batch to do a test of how well it fills, spreads, dries and later sands...

More to come...

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

OK, time for lunch, nap?, and letting everything dry...

I just finished brushing on some of that primer...a little less than 8 ounces, and I easily covered about 30% of the hull...this stuff goes far, seems to go on nice and thick, seems to fill a lot of little imperfections...a few spot coats in some of the slighter larger divits and it should fill them nicely...

Now to wait and see how well it actually sands...

DSCF1994.jpg

DSCF1996.jpg

DSCF1998.jpg

DSCF1999.jpg

DSCF1995.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.