Just starting out.

tallcanadian

Captain
Re: Just starting out.

But your centre keel likely hangs lower than the rest. I know on my tri hull the middle keel takes all the abuse. Do you beach yours very often?

DALLEN7

Petty Officer 2nd Class

to bee honest i have never had it in the water i am going by the damage to the underside as my reason for asking.

tallcanadian

Captain

I do beach mine and I touch it up every year. Not a lot of damage just some paint rub. Ever see one of those slides the kids use to use? Those plastic thingys that go a gazillion miles an hour down a snowy hill? A strip of that and some adhesive would work just fine too.

DALLEN7

Petty Officer 2nd Class

ok i will think about it. i hope to be back working on the boat here soon just waiting on some final funds thank you tc for your help and advice the whole thread.

DALLEN7

Petty Officer 2nd Class

well i think i made up my mind when the time comes i am going to rhino line it. i called them up today and they will do it for $7 a sq. ft. so i figure 3 strips at 6 ft. x 4 in. 3 times is 6 sq. ft so around 42 dollars + tax. and they can match the color of my boat whatever color i decide to do it.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

huh?......

uh.......why would you want the drag of rhino lining on the cutting surface?.....

you are way over thinking this bud.....just go with gellcoat and dont beach the boat on any thing but sand !

oops!

Supreme Mariner

hi my friend !

i am going to respond here instead of pm so all can see.

rhino lining is a great product....but not for this use.

lets say......you whack the center hull bad......i mean hammer whack......will the rhino lining prevent the gellcoat underneath from delaminating away from the glass?...NO !

(i really wish we had emotions buttons here on the new page......cause this is meant light hearted...not stearn the way it sounds !!.....all is good....all is well !)

will a keel guard help......it might....

but gellcoat is as tough as nails bud........in my thread i whacked a 5 pound maul on a piece of my gellcoated transom as hard as i could and it just dented it. !
gellcoat is ment to withstand a hurricane everyday of its life.....rhino lining scratches in mu pick up bed every time i run a washing machine over it !
but if the gellcoat de laminates because of a serious whack. (this called a chip)...all the rhino lining in the world wont help....you are just throwing your money away !

if you want to beach the yacht on the rocks........just tie it 5 feet from shore and wade in shallow ! (carry your kids)

dont waste your money my friend !

all the best.
oops

DALLEN7

Petty Officer 2nd Class

thanks oops you have a way of making people see the light. lol when i paint this boat i think i am going to use an automotive paint. i am very familiar with the auto paints i am going to use and i can add a flex additive so it wont crack and peel. you can spray a nerf soccer ball with the stuff and it wont crack at all.
so i will not add the rhino lining

DALLEN7

Petty Officer 2nd Class

here are some ideas i had for seating and such this hull is very similar to what i have ( this is not my boat) my thought is to take and build a livewell in the portside stern seat and a battery holding case on the starboard stern seat and then put a bench seat along the front of those (green seat) with access to the bilge with a hinged back padding. then run 2 bench seats (in red) with storage underneath. the driver seat (in blue ) will be on a swivel or removable ped. on the main box ( to keep storage underneath. then the back padding along the gunwhales. (in yellow). what do you people think and any ?'s or advice would be helpful.
attachment.php

DALLEN7

Petty Officer 2nd Class

ok here is my plan with my own cap if any of you have any input it would be very grateful.
attachment.php

DALLEN7

Petty Officer 2nd Class

here are a couple of more you can see i have plenty of room under the splashwell on the starboard side ( the first will be where the seat is now) the other pic (the one w/ square cut out) i have more room to cut out fiberglass to make more room to access the bilge area.
attachment.php
attachment.php

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I can't seen any pics from your last 3 posts.....

DALLEN7

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i do not why i can see them ok they seem to show up ok

DALLEN7

Petty Officer 2nd Class

lets try this only thumbnails first is not my cap the other three are of mine.

Attachments

• trumpett.jpg
    trumpett.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCN0002.jpg
    DSCN0002.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCN0003.jpg
    DSCN0003.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCN0001.jpg
    DSCN0001.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 2

tallcanadian

Captain

Remember, it's your boat, so do it the way you want. However, lol, if it was mine, I would be looking to distribute the weight abit different. You will have a lot of weight at the stern with a water filled live well, batteries, fuel, etc. I would be looking to move things forward. You can put the live well anywhere, even in the bow, for an example. I see you have a lot of room under your deck for storage. would make a great rod locker or area for an in floor fuel cell. Just my 2 Canadian cents worth. Good luck.

DALLEN7

Petty Officer 2nd Class

thanks tc my tank is allready in midship more towards the bow close to being in between the front seats. my sub deck is not that deep so no storage possibilties thus under the box seats. the bow is going to be a casting deck. hopeing to put anchors up front also.

tallcanadian

Captain

I like the casting deck idea. So cool. She's gonna be a beauty when she's done for sure.

tallcanadian

Captain

If your last 2 numbers are 68, it's a '68. It's definitely not a 92. Not sure what to tell you. What are the last two numbers.