hull extension in progress with pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: hull extension in progress with picks

Well, then it's settled. Knock that champagne bottle against the hull when she's sent off the trailer into the water for the sea trials. I mean, technically she's a boat again at that point....even if it sinks. :eek::p

red....the corks are gonna fly ! :D

i was gonna take her down to the water after its gellcoated.....just the bare hull to see how she sits in the water.....but now i might just wait till the motor is in before i pop the corks.....and bottle caps !

Labman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Oops;
You should see the Pleasure Craft licence I got for the Grendel.:p
My name, my Address, H.Id#- BLANK,Compliance Plate#-BLANK, Length 6.3m,Propulsion Type-Outboard,Primary Colour-White,Secondary Colour-BLANK
Date of licence issue 2008-04-07
No make or year:D

oops!

Supreme Mariner

Oops;
You should see the Pleasure Craft licence I got for the Grendel.:p
My name, my Address, H.Id#- BLANK,Compliance Plate#-BLANK, Length 6.3m,Propulsion Type-Outboard,Primary Colour-White,Secondary Colour-BLANK
Date of licence issue 2008-04-07
No make or year:D

yup....thats what they suggested.....however i i have a corporation....so i dont know if im gonna put a company name on it or what....then start a little side business......there is a lot of consideration there...im hunting down some different things/options each day or two....there is a lot of oppertunity here as there is a lot of boat builders here that have old molds just laying around, and i smell oppertunity :D

howd the glass work out bud? were you able to get into ashlund?

Labman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I got tied up last few days last week, wife sick, neighbor dropped injector in his Ford, everywhere I turned I was helping out. No time for the boat.:( Will be making calls and heading in to Edm. on Mon., Neighbor advised talking to a guy at the main NAPA, 176st. west side! That's about an hours drive from here, not too bad if prices are good.:D

I'd kill to get Sangsters molds, his Son,il was supposed to have had them in Vernon or Lower mainland? Googled Sangstercraft, not much info available, can't even find the model of mine. The hull is just about bulletproof, 5/8"- 3/4" on outside of transom, Going to drill hole for Transducer, when stringers are out, will get bottom thickness then.:D

oops!

Supreme Mariner

one of the guys near me says he might be able to get his hands on an older oke mannerfelt "bat boat" mold....i cant see how he will be able to do it besides stealing it ....but you never know......but i do know i can get a few old malibu molds with the boat still in them....i dont know if the release agent was used....if it wasnt the mold is usless....but it can be had for a song....

napa is a retail store....try to get into some of the wholesalers....there is a big price difference.....

oops!

Supreme Mariner

Do let me know how that works out as I will be facing the same situation next spring with a project of my own. I do not want to title my project as a 74 (Original year) as the value would be next to nill.

you have to change the hull....not just resto it.....it must be a different hull design....(in canada)

oops!

Supreme Mariner

well.....its just a few hours to gell coating......its scheduled for 3 pm on the 19 th......the boat is not ready yet.....its so close.... im sure i can finish up before they come.......

i was on the boat at 6 30 this morning and worked till 10 ish.... i long boarded all day....i had the 4 foot board going for a lot of it...:(

the hull really looks good.... i would have posted pics...but my camera carped out with all the dust.....

i just have to do a little work on the bow area...and clean up the chines....and its done....about 2 hours work.... i was so tired at 6 pm....after i cheered johns birthday.... i sat down for a quick break....after 5 minits i caught myself dozing off :eek:....man that 4 footer is a lot of work.

tommorow is the big day for the boat and just about the end of the actual extension on the hull....(the cap still needs to be faired)

ill post back with anoother update tomm :)

cheers
oops

jcsercsa

Captain

Thanks buddie !!!

time for me to hit mine, i not stopping till i hit the water thinking tomorrow !!! John

Cast-A-Way

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I just can't wait to see pic's !!!

oops!

Supreme Mariner

the gell coat guy just called and said he cant do it till thursday :(

so i stopped working on it for a few hours and came home to get a little more rest.....ill get back on it in a few hours and finish her up.

Cast-A-Way

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Keep it up you are doing awesome !!!!

oops!

Supreme Mariner

hey cast a way....what happened to your avitar?...i liked the one with the .....uh....other fish :D

Cast-A-Way

Petty Officer 2nd Class

which one was that ?

oops!

Supreme Mariner

didnt you have one with ......uh ....another persom holding the fish?....uh....a female :D

Cast-A-Way

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I think I know which one it was !!!:D:D:D
could be avatar changing time ;);)

flargin

Chief Petty Officer

Oops,

I am waiting for more pics. Man this is like reading a good book, can't stop checking to see what it looks like.

Thanks for the great ride... You are doing a great job.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

Oops,

I am waiting for more pics. Man this is like reading a good book, can't stop checking to see what it looks like.

Thanks for the great ride... You are doing a great job.

thanks bud....and welcome to i boats !

we are now 40 some odd hours from gellcoating....and the boats isnt ready yet....its gonna be a race to the finish.......(even tho the boat is only partially complete and the thread will continue well into the winter)

got more sanding done tonight....but there is still more to do....i think i can get it all finished before thursday.....that means another marathon tommorow.

ill get a camera tommorow co i can get picks of the gellcoat process.....we are gonna hot pot it.......(ill go more into detail of what hot poting is later)

its exciting for me as well.....even tho it looks and feels smooth.....only the final product will tell !

cheers
oops

oops!

Supreme Mariner

30 hours to gellcoat.....

im going to try to finish it today.....big job....all long boarding....i still have blisters from last time....ill see if i can get another camera

redfury

Commander

Coming down to the wire! I've got 2 joints to finish fixing and then I'm out to pick paint with the wife to paint the bedroom....I'll get that bedroom done sooner than later, that's for sure! I'm not sure which one of us is going to get done first....you're busting your *** a heckuva lot more than I am though, so I can't take much credit if I manage to complete my project before you do ;)

Tacklewasher

Lieutenant Commander

So, do I make another attempt at seeing this thing? Could even bring back pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.