hull extension in progress with pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

scipper77

Commander
Re: hull extension in progress with picks

A while back Oops, you mentioned a secret theme for the interior colors. Until this last post I was sure that you were working on the interior and not showing us on purpose. I guess I am wrong you are not holding out on us (are you?).

I've got to say that as hard as you go at everything you do, you were born to run your own shop. I read a thread earlier today where a comment was made about a custom boat tv show, like the custom bike and car shows that are out now (OCC, Overhaulin, West Coast Customs, etc...) You would be the perfect guy to pull something like that off.

Not trying to give you any ideas, just my mind wandering.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

A while back Oops, you mentioned a secret theme for the interior colors. Until this last post I was sure that you were working on the interior and not showing us on purpose. I guess I am wrong you are not holding out on us (are you?).yep.....lol.....the color is part of the theme, i dont want to announce the theme till the final reveal of the boat....the pics i post now will be of very specific jobs,,,not overall pics, as you can make out the theme now

I've got to say that as hard as you go at everything you do, you were born to run your own shop. I read a thread earlier today where a comment was made about a custom boat tv show, like the custom bike and car shows that are out now (OCC, Overhaulin, West Coast Customs, etc...) You would be the perfect guy to pull something like that off.

lol.....mabe....you never know.....monster boat....one with a big water cannon that kills jet fleas dead...

but....i will be writing a book on backyard boat building/restoration.....there is just not enough specific information in other books.

Not trying to give you any ideas, just my mind wandering.

.....:eek:

scipper77

Commander

I have a pretty good idea what the theme is. I'm not even going to post what I think it is here because I don't want to spoil it if I am right.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

I have a pretty good idea what the theme is. I'm not even going to post what I think it is here because I don't want to spoil it if I am right.

pm me buddy.......there are about 10 here that have got it right......

my buddy johnny is not included......thats my brother from another mother......lol:D

Yar.

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hey Ooops!

I texted you to see if you are out at the Kal campsite...I am heading to Kal right now for the day.

Hope to see you out on the lake!

Cheers!!!

jcsercsa

Captain

pm me buddy.......there are about 10 here that have got it right......

my buddy johnny is not included......thats my brother from another mother......lol:D

thanks brother !!lol

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander

Really interested in the resin and gel you talked about. Why is it not for boats? have you contacted the manufacture?

new_boater

Petty Officer 1st Class

bumb we need some news whats happening here

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

Hope the man did not come and pick up oops, we have not heard from him in quite a while.

scipper77

Commander

He's just adding a little suspense before his big reveal!! I have a feeling this thing is going to be ridiculous (in a good way).

MAXXIE

Chief Petty Officer

Bump

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander

Need to make this thread a sticky

NoKlu

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I haven't heard from him in a while also. I think if he would have gotten the shop back he would have said something. I'll try to get him today and see what's going on.

MAXXIE

Chief Petty Officer

Bump **Sticky Great Idea**

westexasrepublic

Chief Petty Officer

this thread is referenced often for newbs, might as well make it a mandatory read before posting

Enjoyed the reading, posted this question but it is probably out of sight etc. so will try here. When you used gelcoat before you glassed in the extension how did that work out, was it worth it or was it sanded off? Also what did you use to fill the holes in the hull with where you screwed in your forms for the extension? That was some project! looks great.

SeaSpriteDan

Cadet

Insane!!! I just got my first boat about a week ago (1982 Sea Sprite 18' with 120hp I/O Mercruiser) and after reading this thread, I'm convinced I could tear it apart and put it back together better and stronger, and I've never worked with Fiberglass before in my life or even worked on a boat!!! Great stuff here... should definitely consider publishing... Thanks for all of the info!!!!

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander

Dan dont cut your boat apart. You can take the floor out from the top. look what happened when opps did it. When he put it back together it will no longer fit on a trailer:D. I think this thread needs to be a sticky really I do .

Status
Not open for further replies.