hull extension in progress with pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: hull extension in progress with picks

Interesting.

Just wondering, do you have to re-title your boats with the DMV when you make this type of modification in the state you live in?

Just curious.

Dave

you dont.....however i will be......the hull will be regestered as a 2010

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander

pictures OPPS said pictures I wana see I wana see

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

We took a 13 3/4" 23p for a test and it was terrible. 39 mph at 3800 rpm and slow to get on plane. We are trying to get a better prop than the 19p he has but so far no go. The 19 was 43.5 mph at 4250 rpm and it jumps out of the water. We are going to try a 21p 4 blade if we can find one to try. He was really expecting to get a 50 mph boat but it don't look like thats going to happen with this motor. haha.

might need a little nitrous oxide kit to get the 50 out of that motor. of course you may have a hard time keeping some in the tank

oops!

Supreme Mariner

hi all......been busy moving the stuff from the shop.....gonna get a new place to do the new projects i plan on.

as far as the big boat....i want to try to swap to the old gear ratio and see what happens.....we tested a 23 and had good speed and tons of throttle left at 4250 rpm......
the 1.47 gears might just be a bit too tall for the motor....

so....more prop testing....lol

SigSaurP229

Commander

HOLY CRAP

I just ready all 162 pages. It took me 4 8 hour shifts at work and 2 hours on one of my days off, and another 2 hours once I got to work again. This is truely an impressive feat. I understand sentimental value in a boat and kudos to you for taking it all the way. I have learned a ton from your thread the two biggest lessons.

1 SHOOT MURPHY
2 Have a good shop lined up for the long haul before starting.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

lol........

most restorations dont take this long nor are this extencive.

but i gotta admit......im thinking about stepping the hull in the winter :eek:

the prokect is still underway....i will start the upholstery soon.

im selling the bayliner today. so that will free up some more cash for the job.

also with the bayliner gone....the big boat will be on the water more often as it will be again....my main boat.

if i know them what i know now....i would have had the entire project done in the first year....lol.

i just hope this thread helps people here in the future......it really has some fantastic info in it posted by top notch professionals.

cheers
oops

redfury

Commander

You know what you know now and you still aren't done with the boat Ward! :p Quit goofin' off and finish it already :D

NoKlu

Senior Chief Petty Officer

That motor is tired. The only reason the 1.47 is not working as it should is you are down on power. Use the old top end till you get the motor stroked. The only prop that worked well was the 23p.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

when the old top end was on ......with the 23p i was at 4200 rpm and had half throttle left to go....

im going to fire up the "little project" ondarvr and i talked about in a few days.
if all works according to my studies........it will be stroked by feb.

the bayliner just sold....its gone...:( for a bilge liner......i really liked that little boat.

gotta go to the bank now....

BobsGlasstream

Commander

oops,
Congrats on selling the Bayliner. Looking forward to seeing the big boat finished.
Take care
Bob

SigSaurP229

Commander

Well reading this thread got me motivated at least I haven't touched my boat since June. I pulled it one mile up the road to the new place and that was it. I have on mysterious carb problem that I just can't seem to shake, but I decided that today I would uncover it and pull the cover again. Ohh yeah and I would attempt to start it at least I didn't leave bad gas in it. Unfortunately after reading this thread I am giving serious thought to changing the whole set up of the boat to utilize space better, and that involves chopping out a whole lot of the bow area, so I am not sure if I am that motivated but what the heck I only have $150 in the hull and not a bit of rot on it anywhere.

dbkerley

Chief Petty Officer

OOPS - I hope you know that I will be blaming you and this thread if I get my little project off the ground. My wife may hunt you down for this.

Thanks again for the inspiration and everyone's mostly excellent advice. Yeah, I have to admit I've been following this one for awhile myself.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

Well reading this thread got me motivated at least I haven't touched my boat since June. I pulled it one mile up the road to the new place and that was it. I have on mysterious carb problem that I just can't seem to shake, but I decided that today I would uncover it and pull the cover again. Ohh yeah and I would attempt to start it at least I didn't leave bad gas in it. Unfortunately after reading this thread I am giving serious thought to changing the whole set up of the boat to utilize space better, and that involves chopping out a whole lot of the bow area, so I am not sure if I am that motivated but what the heck I only have $150 in the hull and not a bit of rot on it anywhere.

re build the carb and look for vaccume leaks.!
making an open bow isnt that tough......but if you want an open bow....buy one....lol

OOPS - I hope you know that I will be blaming you and this thread if I get my little project off the ground. My wife may hunt you down for this.

Thanks again for the inspiration and everyone's mostly excellent advice. Yeah, I have to admit I've been following this one for awhile myself.

blame it all on johnny.....(jcserca) he has been pushing me all the way thru this.....:D

going to go work on the big boat today....mrs oops wants to go boating and so do i.....so im back on it today.....

SigSaurP229

Commander

The shame of it is, I allready have and open bow. Its just that the cap comes in so far that it closes off have of the bow space. So I am thinking about popping the cap cutting the rectangular part back moving my consoles back about 6 inches. Eliminating the back to back seating and replacing with bench seating convertible into a sun deck, adding a ski locker. HOLY CRAP its only a 15 footer :eek: it may not be big enough for all that then a transom upgrade its going to need a bigger motor. I have a 50hp on it now I need to step it up to a 70 minimum but really needs to be around a 90. How much more stuff can I get on it.

Renny_D

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hey, if you are having power issues how about one of these guys. Love the surface piercing drive 'stock'. It was also funny to me considering the minor derailment many pages back when I was advocating turboing a motor vs upsizing. This one looks like the best of both :D Can't wait to see how she finally finishes out.

Loyal subscriber to this thread

Renny

howlnmad

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Now that I've read all 162 pages, I can't wait to get home and do it again so I can see the pictures. My cell phone wouldn't post most of them but I gotta say that I'm impressed with what I've seen so far.

proaudioguy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Oops... I read this whole thread took me just over a week and a half at work (8 days X 5 to 6 hrs/day).

Great work!

Thanks,

Duane.

Must be a government employee!

Loving this thread BTW!

minnowbreader

Recruit

Are the pics of this hull extension being placed eslewhere id like to see some pics Oops

oops!

Supreme Mariner

the pics are all the way thru this thread.....check your browser my friend....there are tons of them.

im going to be getting my shop back oct 1...so im really excited to get back in there.....

i will be starting on a totally new company in it....and i will keep boat werx going....so i will have tow business running out of the same shop....

as far as the boat.....im running it on the water and we are having fun with it for now.....nowe work this winter to finish the total package with the theme.

on a side note......i have been working with a resin called marble clear.....it is not for boats......but i gotta tell you.....what beauteful stuff this is....it curs clear with ddm 30. not the usual brown that we are used to in boat resins.

ill get some shots of castings i have done with it.
there is also a clear gellcoat product.....same thing....clear as glass.....wow...

Status
Not open for further replies.