hull extension in progress with pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: hull extension in progress with picks

i dont have the math on the boat....but the sponsons will stop the roll...but the list will allways be there....they will have to move stuff around onboard....but thats not uncommon in smaller boats....but 90 footers are a bit of a different story.

i really wish those guys sucess....it has cost wayyyy too much to stop, so i hope that it floats and they can get papers on the boat.

redfury

Commander

Hey Oops, ever think of just putting in a web cam at the shop? 24hr security surveillance from Iboats peepers :D

I have a guess about the super secret project :)

jcsercsa

Captain

Cool On the bayline !! you ought to get triple the price , done by the great oops !! lol dont yea wish buddie !! lol I will be bringing my crownliner home here next week also so look for pics of work 2 here soon !! john

jonesg

Admiral

I hope he didn't cut his truck in half to add in a few more feet :D

Ya know, like they do with those Streeeeeetch limo's

I watched them cut jeeps in half in the Philippines and extend them into jeepney busses.

images

Mike Robinson

Senior Chief Petty Officer

i dont have the math on the boat....but the sponsons will stop the roll...but the list will allways be there....they will have to move stuff around onboard....but thats not uncommon in smaller boats....but 90 footers are a bit of a different story.

i really wish those guys sucess....it has cost wayyyy too much to stop, so i hope that it floats and they can get papers on the boat.

Just had a look at that thread yesterday, WOW! Thanks for posting the link ben2go.

Oops if the list on the yacht is due the center of gravity not being on the center line of the yacht then you are correct, the list will remain, but if the list is due to "angle of loll" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angle_of_loll then the sponsons may remove the list by increasing the height of the Metacenter.

QC

Supreme Mariner

That Monstrosity Yacht thread was a complete letdown . . . Need the final chapter of course. That Peter guy who is writing it up is quite witty, a good writer, smart etc. Made for some enjoyment. I really feel for those poor guys as their dream is ultimately a pile. Sorry for the frank nature of my comments, but it sure makes me feel better about the little speed bumps I am running into with my project. It could be soooooo much worse. Wow!

Oops. congrats to you on this build! I found this thread searching for some info on minor gelcoat and glass repairs. A week of reading later, I came to realize a few things. I now realize that my stringers and transom are likely shot, the previous owners repairs to the cap on my boat are junk, my first attempt at glass repair is junk, my foam is likely holding 500lbs of water, the gap from my splash well to transom is not from poor construction, I could go on and on for pages. 158 pages of real world boat restoration and customization written over a two year span is worth a fortune for a first timer like me. THANK YOU! I am now a member of the forum thanks to you. Any chance you want to come over and help do my transom/stringer job? I know you would enjoy the island, it is a fisherman's paradise. Halibut, Lingcod, Rockfish, Grey cod, Sockeye, King, Silver, Chum, and Pink salmon in huge numbers and all the ice cold Corona's you can handle! Should only take a week or two.;) Thanks again AA.

ben2go

Chief Petty Officer

Just had a look at that thread yesterday, WOW! Thanks for posting the link ben2go.

Oops if the list on the yacht is due the center of gravity not being on the center line of the yacht then you are correct, the list will remain, but if the list is due to "angle of loll" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angle_of_loll then the sponsons may remove the list by increasing the height of the Metacenter.

You're welcome.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

lol alaskin....don'tcha just hate it when you find out the truth about your beloved boat?....

im doing my bayliner right now...

yesterday's jobs.

cut the shape of the forward deck
cut the shape of the bow deck
foam the hull...
repair several "issues in the inner hull
gellcoat the ski locker
gellcoat all under decks....(i had some extra gellcoat)
install the decks...
screw them down
glass the decks and tab them in
gellcoat the decks.

so just think when you get going on your project....just think of all the fun you will be having!.

by the way...i used to live in yellowknife...so i know the climate...i would only go up there in the summer....lol

cheers
oops

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander

Are you going to do a thread on the baylinner Did you decide to go back with the foam? Where are my update pics? Do I sound like a three year old with all these questions? Post a pic of that Baylinner You know I love them thangs

oops!

Supreme Mariner

hi pro....:D

actually the b-liner is allmost done...! just gotta put the carpet in.
i foamed it the b liner needed the foam for hull structure. the glass is just too thin not to use it. i gellcoated both sides of the deck so it is really protected.

i also am still mixing gellcoat for the keel....i am using neutral gellcoat....mixing it with black and some white to get the grey color of the bottom hull.
i actually had the boat on the lake yesterday for the canadian holiday. it was just great to feel the difference that a strong deck and less weight of the rotted wood and wet foam made.

the next step is to polish the boat....then do the interior....this is where the practise for the big boat will come in to play......im going to get a sewing machine today and start on the panels....i hope to have the boat ready for sale this weekend!

still looking for the camera...
at the same time im doing my bayliner....im also doing an arriva...(higher end bayliner) so ill have pics of that restoration for ya soon...

cheers....more to come soon !
oops

Andy in NY

Commander

Oops... you disgust me. you are a discrace to the boating community.

WHAT IS WITH THE LACK OF PICTURES?!?!?!?!?!?!?

;)

jcsercsa

Captain

Oops... you disgust me. you are a discrace to the boating community.

WHAT IS WITH THE LACK OF PICTURES?!?!?!?!?!?!?

;)

hahahahahahahahahaha !!!! John

83mulligan

Senior Chief Petty Officer

lol im doing my bayliner right now...

yesterday's jobs.

cut the shape of the forward deck
cut the shape of the bow deck
foam the hull...
repair several "issues in the inner hull
gellcoat the ski locker
gellcoat all under decks....(i had some extra gellcoat)
install the decks...
screw them down
glass the decks and tab them in
gellcoat the decks.

cheers
oops

That's a solid year's worth of work for me!

tinkeringwackyone

Chief Petty Officer

oops, I don't think you are busy enough. Keep up the great work.:)

oops!

Supreme Mariner

sorry about the lack of pics....im working on that...!

its carpet time for the bay liner...did the sides of the hull and the bow area....going to finish it off tonight.

i still have some gellcoat repairs to do so ill get shots of that and post them.

cheers
oops

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner

So is that gel coat fast enough for you?

oops!

Supreme Mariner

So is that gel coat fast enough for you?

:D:D lol.....when it goes....it really goes !.
you get an ok working time with it...but when it turns.......your done !:eek::D

from working,..... to baked and burning the pot in about 2.5 secs.....tee heee....gotta be on your toes or the roller will gell to the deck!.

geez.....i was taking some chunks out of the barrel and one of the chunks did the big double flip off the end of the scooper i was using.....
i got gell coat all over the asphalt out side.....lol....it was so streaked and splashed, it looked like someone poured white paint over a live fish that was fighting for its life.....baaa haaa...
i grabbed a bucket of sand and spread the sand all over the pavement. two days later we swept the sand and the gell coat had eaten the asphalt !
greg and i poured everything on the stuff....acetone, brake fluid....muriatic acid.
finally i used the acetone in conjunction with the wire wheel on my drill.....lol finally got it to the point that we could pressure wash the asphalt....

and who said poly based resins wont stick....lol

oops!

Supreme Mariner

btw..... just picked up the sewing machine last night.

so im gping to finish off the bayliner and learn this uph trade....as soon as the b liner is done....the big boat will get rolled into the shop and its party time!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

While you're picking up sewing machines...pick up a couple used digital cameras off CL as well. The lack of pics in this thread lately is getting disturbing!

Status
Not open for further replies.