hull extension in progress with pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: hull extension in progress with picks

lol....

my neice had the camera......i got it back.

pics comin soon EZ

dustedwatts

Seaman

wow you go OOPS, i for one have had my fill of fixin boat....

Attachments

• 7320_1103924005091_1436463972_30246678_8159135_n.jpg
    7320_1103924005091_1436463972_30246678_8159135_n.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 0
  • boat1.jpg
    boat1.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 0

NoKlu

Senior Chief Petty Officer

My only brother is watching sewing videos! :eek: I'm starting to wonder about his "orientation" ,if you know what I mean! Has this happened to other iboaters? Is there a cure?

tallcanadian

Captain

My only brother is watching sewing videos! :eek: I'm starting to wonder about his "orientation" ,if you know what I mean! Has this happened to other iboaters? Is there a cure?

A 2X4 may work. Or a subscription to popular mechanics or a boating magazine if you didn't want to go the club over the head route. :)

Huron Angler

Admiral

We've had a thread where folks feel comfortable talking about thir sewing exploits. I'd love some new cushions and a bimini, and my girlfriend just got a new sewing machine.:D

oops!

Supreme Mariner

my "orientation" is just fine, if you dont beleive me....just ask the little cutie at the sewing shop !.....lol

the carpet is allmost in the bay liner....i got a rare visit from my mother at the shop last night, so i had to climb out of the boat.

i didnt feel like getting back in the boat after she left, so i helped the mechanic scuff and paint the drives on a twin 30 footer he is doing the transom on.

we scuffed and painted the housings in less than 1/2 hour....and they look brand new.....i ve got pics for you all ill post soon....but right now its back to my sewing vids....lol

the bay liner

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

hey Oops....i can't remember if you've check out my seats thread that shows how i made mine, with videos too...

if you haven't had a chance, pull up that thread and check it out and let me know what you think

NoKlu

It took a couple of hours but the repair guy got the new sewing machine working smoothly. oops! is at the shop now ripping the interior out of the bayliner to practice on before starting on the big boat. They sure used a lot of staples to hold the cushions together.

Aquaholic_GP

Seaman

I am pretty sure the guys who make the boats have fully automatic upholstery staplers with massive magnetizes on them - think my bro had to take out like 15-20 staples just in one corner and that pattern was pretty common through out the whole engine cover!

83mulligan

Oops! I'm a little late to the congratulatory party, but i've followed this thing since I joined I boats and its been quite a journey. My hat's off to you. I was very impressed merely by the crib and crane you built at the beginning, lol. Seriously though, your perseverance through some pretty tough setbacks and your never say never attitude is to be commended. What impresses me, maybe more than anything is that never once did i see you cut a corner to move on to the next phase or something more exciting. If it wasn't up to your standards, you did it again and sometimes again, until it was. I've learned so much here and I want to thank you for responding to each of the handful of p.m's i've sent you over the past year. It is much appreciated.

One day, I'm gonna pick up Johnny and head your way to see this thing in person!! Keep at it, bud!

oops!

Supreme Mariner

well,
.... sadly guys.......i have traded in my fuzzy roller and fiberglass resin for a needle and thread. !

lol....the sewing machine i bought is a singer 491 oilbath straight stitch.
the thing does a gazillion stitches per minit......just enough to sew your fingers together....lol :eek:

i am quickly learning how to do this....ill have the pics up soon......time is really short as im at the shop for 10 or 12 hrs a day....
so far i have redone the back to back lounger..(sewed in a patch) the aft cushions...and the funky back rests that are a real pain to figgure out!.
the material was so bad on them...i could not get a proper pattern to follow....so i just faked it!

noklu came by the shop....saw my work.....and said it was a "BUBBA JOB" lol.... . iboater bubba is a bud of mine so that is a compliment...lol :D

actually...from going from not knowing how to load a bobbin to becoming a sewing machine mechanic....then learning to put togeather complex lounge seats in less than a week is quite a feat for me and im really happy with my progress even if it is a little wrinkly around the edges......lol

cheers guys
oops

BobsGlasstream

Commander

TIC, Tic, Tic,
Please define soon????:D:D
Looking forward to the pic's
Bob

oops!

Supreme Mariner

just a quick update for you guys...

i have been enjoying the big boat on the water lately....(i took a few early evenings off so i could go boating...lol)

i think it was saturday evening i had the first official pleasure ride ......didnt have to test anything...check anything....worry about anything.....just boat.....what a hoot !

we have been really busy at the shop lately...
there is a thirty footer with twin bravo's that is having a transom installed.....we are also re gellcoating a supra.....some guy wants his boat gellcoated black.....so....needles to say ive been doing a lot of sanding lately.

speaking of sanding......the bayliner is just about finished....all of the uphostery is done looks like a bubba job....(no offence bubba...lol)
im just prepping the hull for a polish....i started with 400 grit on the hull and am working out to 1500....im at 1000 right now and expect to be ready for polish some time this afternoon.
then its assembly and sell it !

as soon as its done i just have a few tower instllations to do and i can start on the interior of the big boat....

cherrs guys
oops

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander

How about some pics. Glad to hear your getting a little boating time in. Really would like to see that Baylinner

oops!

Supreme Mariner

How about some pics. Glad to hear your getting a little boating time in. Really would like to see that Baylinner

pro i have really been debating about putting the bliner resto on this thread or not.....but as far as im concerned the bliner was purchased to be used during the build of the big one...then restored and sold to pay for the interior....so i guess i may as well post the project here.

ok....ill have the pics up soon guys.....may need some photo bucket help.....it will only let me load one pic at a time....:eek:
(for a guy that takes 20 boat pics a day that is really slow...lol)

cheers
oops

dustedwatts

Seaman

With some help from me my friend picked up a 18' 1972 Reinell for three hundred, the only thing wrong with it is the lower unit needs replaced, and some interior work..... got a steel, it is sitting on a ez load trailer w/ electric winch.... i am jelous wish i would have bought it.... here is a pic ken boat.jpg

oops!

Supreme Mariner

With some help from me my friend picked up a 18' 1972 Reinell for three hundred, the only thing wrong with it is the lower unit needs replaced, and some interior work..... got a steel, it is sitting on a ez load trailer w/ electric winch.... i am jelous wish i would have bought it.... here is a pic View attachment 56943

geez....at three hundred that was a steal !

redfury

Commander

One word for you Ward....Picasa. You can go through all your photos on your desktop and do a mass upload, plus organize into folders online...thank you google!

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander

You have to at least post a pic or two You know i love them Bayliners

micks110

Master Chief Petty Officer

Oops- No pics since April:eek: I haven't had the time to sit and read through threads since all my time lately has been family/day, and on finishing up my boat/night-early morning.

Anyway, I got a minute to look through some and I was looking forward to some pics:D Sounds like you are busy though with a couple different projects all at once. Good Luck on them. Looking forward to some pics

Status
Not open for further replies.