Disgraceful activity. update!

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: Disgraceful activity. update!

Originally posted by samagee:<br /> So the left wants a fair fight. Does this mean we get to shoot up some DNC HQ's? Storm in and break some bones and shout what ever we want?
Apparently, such "Krystalnacht activity" is ok for them. They have the law writers and enforcers(judges in thier case), on thier side.

woodrat

Ensign

Yes pointer, you did answer the question, although a primary source would have meant a little more than a partisan magazine saying that the other partisans said something that isn't true. I would still like to see where the DNC themselves claimed that actual dogs and hoses were used on blacks in FL This sentence: "Dogs and hoses were allegedly used to drive black voters from the polls." printed in an article in the national review doesn't really mean much. Anybody can fling around any old allegations they want without quoting or revealing sources. Not that anything the DNC would say or do to advance themselves would surprise me, I just had never heard that one, and I'm not particularly inclined to just blindly trust anyone's partisan claims these days. Not even the good, pure, white-hat-wearing conservatives'.<br /><br />I'm pretty impressed though, that little old me, speculating on a internet forum that **** Cheney has something to hide about his energy policy meetings and his relationship with his old company, am capable of "destroying the man's reputation." Wow! His reputation must already be hanging by a thread, huh? <br /><br />Seriously though, if **** doesn't have something to hide, why is he hiding it? And do you really believe that after he got in the white house, he had no further contact with his old pals at halliburton and that the fact they got millions in no-bid contracts in Iraq is just pure coincidence? Come on! Would you buy that line of bull from a democrat? No way!<br /><br />I don't see anywhere that I stated anything about **** cheney that isn't publicly known to be true. Halliburton did continue to do business with saddam til very late in the game, and the repubs defended that as "constructive engagement" or some such crap. **** Cheney so far as I know has still refused to make public even the people he met with when concocting national energy policy, let alone what was said, and by who. And no matter how you guys want to spin that, you know that if a democrat did that, you'd be all over it shouting for full disclosure. I can't find where I stated anything else about **** cheney as a fact, so you can drop the "disgraceful" tag for that one. Personally, I admire the guy for one thing: He is not in favor of frivolously amending the constitution for cheap politcal gain around the gay marriage issue, and although he is smack dab in the belly of the beast when it comes to anti-gay sentiment, he still loves his daughter who is openly gay. That must take some courage. Hats off to **** for that! Which is probably the one thing a bunch of republicans DON'T like about ****...<br /><br />Re: Ralph Nader. Point me to another candidate who can actually say the words "peak oil" in public. find me another candidate who is openly against globalization. ( yeah, maybe the libertarians on that one, but they are so self absorbed and disorganized as to be irrelevant, as much as I love the platform.)<br /><br />samagee:<br /><br />you sound like a democrat! "yeah, he's not the greatest, but he's better by far than that other guy, and what we don't like about him, we'll get changed AFTER he's elected." What leverage do you think you or anyone else is going to have on the winner AFTER he's elected? The only thing he needs you for is to GET elected. After that, you and I and the rest of the peasants don't mean squat, no matter which candidate you vote for. Ralph himself had a pretty good laugh at this attitude by the Kerry people just the other day!<br /><br />12 footer:<br /><br />I respect you demanding that people cease referring to you and your party as Nazis, so why do you keep kicking aorund this "kristalnacht" thing? Vandalizing party headquarters hardly measures up to the magnitude of what the nazis were up to. Why not let's all leave the nazi metaphors out of this?

oddjob

Commander

Its the weekend! Lets go fishin!...what say? :)

woodrat

Ensign

"Funny, that's what Hillary did with her health care task force.. I didn't have an aneurism." <br /><br /><br />hey, I never claimed to be a fan of the clintons and their bulldog janet either.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

I'm with ya Oddjob... Lets go bag us a snook for dinner... :cool:

woodrat

Ensign

"Its the weekend! Lets go fishin!...what say?"<br /><br />Good idea! Actually I have to work all weekend, but as a kayaking guide, so its almost as good as fishing...

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

woodrat, I didn't mean to imply you are destroying a mans reputation just forces in general who have access to mass audiences.<br /><br />New restaurant in town, its raining and about 45 degrees. Perfect weather for checking out the night life downtown. So enough politics and on to SPEAKEASY'S. Libations and fish. :) <br /><br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />and finish winterizing the boat. :( :( :(

woodrat

Ensign

cheers, pointer! have a nice dinner.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by woodrat:<br /> 12 footer:<br /><br />I respect you demanding that people cease referring to you and your party as Nazis, so why do you keep kicking aorund this "kristalnacht" thing? Vandalizing party headquarters hardly measures up to the magnitude of what the nazis were up to. Why not let's all leave the nazi metaphors out of this?
No. I demand you cease calling me a NAZI, directly or othewrwise because I am extremely offended by it.<br /><br />As for Krystalnacht, you'd have to have a bit of a history lesson to explain it. It's also a German word. But you iether <br />* allready know and are trolling me, <br />*you have poor reading comrehension (because I told you once allready),<br />*or you truely have a distorted idea of what took place.<br />At any rate, I now need to sugjest you to do your homework again.<br /><br /> We've been thru this, and these strong-arm tactics (the topic of this thread, remember PLEASE), are disgraceful. You seem to be bent on somehow blaming bush, conservatives, God (religion), NAZIs, the Federal version of the constitution ,or some obscure undercover right-wing fringe group---ANYBODY but the lunatic fringe of the liberal party for it!! It's very strange behavior, but what is stranger is the proliferation of this mindset. An juist in time to sway the moron-vote in the upcomming elections. Can you say, "timing"?<br /><br />These mutant fringe are going out at night, and shooting-out windows of republican headquarters ,stealing yard-signs and keying cars with "BUSH/CHENEY" stickers on them...The night of the broken glass all over again--only THIS time, they are using firearms! Union thugs with baseball bats will not squelch any conservative vote. It may even backfire on some of the brighter undecideds, only strengthening Bush's lead. And now for your homework;<br />*Do a Google-search using the keyword, Krystalnacht. <br />*submit a brief summary including the following;<br />*Translate "Krystalnacht" from German to english.<br />* Who were the targeted people of the event, "Krystalnacht"?<br />*List Nazi activities and strategy in this attack.<br />* Finally, Look at your results, and do a side-by-side comparison to the events then and now.<br /><br />I promise, It will freak you out.

woodrat

Ensign

Not meaning to beat a dead horse, but I just came acorss this that relates very directly to the original thread.<br /><br />here is an editorial by Bush's hometown newspaper the Lone Star Iconoclast:<br /><br /> http://www.iconoclast-texas.com/Columns/Editorial/editorial39.htm <br /><br />here is the next week's editorial, talking about the threats that they received from partisan republicans:<br /><br /> http://www.iconoclast-texas.com/Columns/Editorial/editorial40.htm <br /><br />yes, I would say "disgraceful" as well. You boys down in texas are gettin' yer white hats all smudgy...

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Iconoclast?? Chile please!! That's beyond liberal. They "endorse Kerry/Edwards".<br />LOL Some unbiased source. Still at blaming Bush, I see. It bodes well for the classifying as a troll, "Woodrat".<br />Now i expect that on my desk tomorrow morning :}

woodrat

Ensign

12 footer, I NEVER called you or anyone else a Nazi. Go back and re-read if you missed that somehow.<br /><br />Then, for a different perspective on the concept that only the evil liberals are up to this sort of hooliganism, please read the editorials from the crawford texas paper. <br /><br />Then, come back and tell me how the threats and intimidation that the paper and its employees received from REPUBLICANS is AOK, because it involves no broken glass as of yet.<br /><br />Jeez! Why can't you get that I am not endorsing anyone's partisan vandalism? Why can't you accept that the repubs are just as capable of said thuggery?

woodrat

Ensign

Oh I see, so the fact that they got many threats from angry people who didn't agree is OK if they're "beyond liberal". Just plain old garden variety partisan hypocrisy.<br /><br />I don't quite get what this "troll" thing is. Please explain what you are now calling me.

woodrat

Ensign

was that paper "beyond liberal" when they backed W all those other times? Huh. Go figure.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Troll; three posts in a row for starters. lol<br />Beyond liberal source that you gasve llnks to, called Lome Star Iconoclast. "Plain old garden variety partisan hypocracy " would be distortions I showed you earlier. Try reading. It does wonders.

woodrat

Ensign

Yeah really hilarious 12 footer. I went ahead and googled this "troll" business. I hardly think that there is anything outrageous about any of my posts. I have kept my posts civil and respectful, sometimes more than some of you good old boys have. I have not been any more of a polarizing infulence than anyone else here, and I think what I have to say is as much of value as what anyone else has to say. You might not like or agree with what I have to say, but that alone does not define me as a "troll".<br /><br />You've made your partisan leanings perfectly clear and you seem to think that everyone else must also be leaning in one partisan direction or another. I suppose that makes the politcal landscape a little simpler to think about, but it hardly is an accurate representation of america or any other body politic.<br /><br />You've also seemingly made it clear that you think that threatening those who disagree with your politcal viewpoints is OK because they are obviously too liberal and therefore wrong. But you want me to express dismay and sympathy that any of YOUR allies might be similarly attacked. Why should I care? Many on your side have expressed at least a latent willingness to "take out" those who you deem enemies of the state, ie "liberals", and when I present evidence of this to you, you just blow it off. Why? Because they don't agree with you that W should be re-elected! Well, neither do I.<br /><br />So go ahead and call me a "troll" if that makes it easier to dismiss any criticism of your anointed candidate. Maybe if you can stand it, we'll check back with each other a couple of years into W's second term and see how things are going. That is, if we are still allowed to even HAVE political discussions on the internet that might critical of the new emperor...I mean president.<br /><br />regards,<br /><br />Mark Whitaker<br />woodrat and "troll"

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I am not calling you a troll, your posts are "trolls". Again, reading helps.<br />A troll under a bridge is a noun.<br />A troll on the net is a verb. I just checked to confirm it.<br /><br />
18713001.jpg
<br />And Mark, we both need to Lighten up. I still respect you more than to call you names. My name is Sean,BTW. Let's play nice. :) <br />We could debate and argue back and forth here, but that is in very poor taste when it strays off-topic. It's just poor etiquette (a french werd, i think). It spurred me to invoke the troll word.<br />I for one, will drop my futher corespondance to this thread, as it is becomming uncivil,IMHO. If you care to debate this topic or just want to vent, feel free to corespond directly at Seanzaw@Earthlink.net.

woodrat

Ensign

yes reading does help. That's exactly what I did. I went to google, typed in "forum troll" and the first hit at the top of the page gave me this definition:<br /><br />"An "Internet troll" or "Forum Troll" is a person who posts outrageous message to bait people to answer...."<br /><br />That is what you called me. Now you are posting a big read stop sign saying that maybe if no one responds to me I will go away. Gee, the last time you guys ran me through the wringer you expressed hope that I would not take my ball and go home. Now you hope that I do. Fortunately, I pretty much do what I want without any regard to what other people wish I would do. But I am sure sick of this thread! none of you is willing to condemn or even acknowledge the partisan thuggery of your own party. So if your party HQ windows get shot out by some nutcase democrat who overcame his fear of firearms, well, don't come crying to me about it. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, right?

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

LOL. Case closed.<br />I just got done telling you your posts are trolls ,then explained myself, and still---you won't read, or cannot comprehend. And this proves my assertion that you are trolling, and I just struck the hook again. You are simply not rational enough to debate. So I'm done with you. But I still expect that homework on my desk first thing tomorrow morning, or you'll be sent-back a grade.

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by oddjob:<br /> Its the weekend! Lets go fishin!...what say? :)
The weather is crappy here and will be all weekend long. And... I gotta go to my inlaws tomorrow... 200 miles away... for their 50th aniv party. No fishin for me! :(