Assault Weapon Ban

ae708

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Assault Weapon Ban

Well, since the weapons ban is gonna sunset maybe we can get the liberals to ban cars now. Cars kill a lot more people than guns do. Yeah.. that's the ticket... ban cars. Would make about as much sense as banning hi-cap magazines...liberals.. sheesh.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Voodoo, thanks for the information. I'll pass that on to the person who told me that.

Homerr

Commander

Water, rocks... and even potatos have killed too.<br /><br />Lens ban those.<br /><br />Now I'm off to get a permit to have potatoes for dinner tonight!<br /><br /><br /> :) <br /><br />H.

KennyKenCan

Commander

All I have to say is, that any ban against any gun, is ILLEGAL!<br /><br />It violates the Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United Staes!<br /><br />PERIOD!!!!!<br /><br />If you don't like the way the Constitution is written, there are planes leaving every major American city, and they will take you anywhere in the world you want to go!<br /><br />Go there! <br /><br />Get out of my country if you don't like the laws!<br /><br />ABSOLUTLY NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO WRITE LAWS AGAINST THE CONSTITUTION!<br /><br />NOT THE STATES!<br /><br />NOT YOUR LOCAL GOVERNMENT!<br /><br />NOT YOUR CONGRESSMAN OR SENATOR!<br /><br />Only an ammendment to the Constitution can change that!<br /><br />Good luck getting an ammendment!<br /><br />I have always owned, and always will own weapons of my choice, not yours or anyone elses, or else this is no longer a free country!

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by KKC:<br /> All I have to say is, that any ban against any gun, is ILLEGAL!
And any such ban downright dangerous too.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by ae708:<br /> Well, since the weapons ban is gonna sunset maybe we can get the liberals to ban cars now.
They are trying as hard as they can. Ask Algore!. Any and every excuse to rid you of your primary means of INDEPENDANCE and to shove you into mass transit with the controllable teeming masses.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

KKC I am in full agreement with you.It also means that whoever tries to change the constitutional right that gay people have to enter marital bless,should pack his bags and get the heck out of the USA

Homerr

Commander

Did anyone else catch that Oregon senator (or whatever the heck she does)... talk about the assault weapon ban here in Oregon?<br /><br />I didn't catch her name, but I heard her on the radio this morning saying that she will introduce a bill that would uphold the ban in Oregon if congress didn't renew the one now.<br /><br />She said that assault weapons were nothing more than terrorist weapons, and that their sole purpose was to KILL AS MANY PEOPLE AS THEY COULD IN THE SHORTEST AMOUNT OF TIME.<br /><br />Can you believe this? This is what kind of people we have in office in Oregon.<br /><br />She went on about how gang members and the like would be able to get the guns easier..<br />Like they weren't already easy to get? <br />Don't forget Miss MORON... the assault weapons never ceased to exist during the last 10 years... They were simply banned from being made, imported etc... <br />I don't know about you, but I bet I could come home with banned guns tomorrow if I had enough money!<br /><br />Her bill would never pass of course, considering we have the right to carry just about any weapon concealed here.<br /><br />What an idiot.<br /><br />H.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Homerr:<br /> Can you believe this? This is what kind of people we have in office in Oregon.
You already know the answer to that Homerr. A bigger collection of left wing wackos are not to be found this side if Massachusssets.

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Originally posted by rolmops:<br />...whoever tries to change the constitutional right that gay people have to enter marital bless,should pack his bags and get the heck out of the USA
Boy, you sure have quite an imagination. I'll bet you imagine health care is a right also. Oh, wait...I'll bet you are going to cite The Federalist Papers, aren't you? *snork*<br /><br /> :rolleyes:

Homerr

Commander

Easy does it fellas.. let's not get this post poofed!<br /><br />Then again... as before mentioned... this horse has been beaten enough for even P.E.T.A. to give up!<br /><br /><br /> :) <br /><br />H.

TPD211

Petty Officer 1st Class

As a gun toten' law enforcement officer for the past 25 plus years I'll stick my 2 cents in.<br /><br />I was a cop prior to the gun ban and I've seen the results of it.<br /><br />Let me explain....<br /><br />Having responded to many in-progress calls, both false and actual, involving reported firearms, I've seen or experienced the type of firearm used in crimes.<br /><br />My experience includes time as a cop in the Phoenix, Az. area and in Central Florida.<br /><br />In my experience, the most common firearm I've encountered is the revolver/pistol, followed by the shotgun. The most common caliber has been the .22, .38/.357, 9mm, 20 & 12 guage shotgun.<br /><br />I've encountered very few assault type rifles or hunting rifles. I cant think off hand of any calls I've responded to where these type of weapons have actually been used. <br /><br />I've responded to and investigated many shootings, homicides, suicides, domestic disputes, etc...<br /><br />I think a very small segment of our society owns and uses assault type weapons in committing crimes. I would venture to say that most if not all the weapons are owned illegally. The "gang banger" & "take over" bank robbery style of criminal favors this type of weapon. By "take over" I mean the bank robbery where 3,4, or 5 criminals enter the bank and take it over while they commit the crime. <br /><br />The Miami FBI shooting numerous years ago, the L.A. Bank Robbery, and other highly visible reported crimes have brought attention to assault weapons being used in these crimes.<br /><br />You must realize that the majority of crimes in America are committed by a very small segment of our society, maybe 2%.<br /><br />The other 98% are generally law abiding citizens.<br /><br />I carry a high capacity Glock, AR-15, and a Remington 870 when I'm at work. <br /><br />Will the assault rifle ban affect me, I dont think so. It may allow more of these types of weapons to get to the hands of the criminals thru illegal means, like burglaries or illegal purchases and transactions. Most criminals have their girlfriends buy the weapons for them from dealers. Most of the girlfriends dont have criminal records that prohibit them from purchases.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Dogsdad,do your homework before you react.

Drowned Rat

Captain

Posted by KKC<br />All I have to say is, that any ban against any gun, is ILLEGAL!<br /><br />It violates the Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United Staes!<br /><br />PERIOD!!!!!<br />
I have to agree with you KKC. Even if the state our country is in today may not be what the Framers envisioned, the second amendment hasn't been overruled yet and may never be. I wonder if they would have worded things differently if they had a crystal ball. Or, perhaps we wouldn't be a free country today if it hadn't been worded exactly as it is. :) <br /><br />
Posted by KKC<br />If you don't like the way the Constitution is written, there are planes leaving every major American city, and they will take you anywhere in the world you want to go!<br /><br />Go there! <br /><br />Get out of my country if you don't like the laws!<br />
Don't be so quick to judge. Do you agree with every law on the books in this country? Are you any less of a patriot for it? Of course not. Everybody has opinions and concerns about different issues for different reasons that you really can't second guess. If I didn't care about this country, I would have no opinion at all. Besides, just think how boring this forum would be if we all agreed on everything. :D

woodrat

Ensign

the so-called "assault weapon" ban was a crock from the get-go, a feel-good piece of legislation based on which guns looked "scariest" for the most part. A full-auto gun- a real Assault weapon-is not something than any old schmoe can buy at the corner gun shop and hasn't been for years before the ban. All those guns that were banned were semi-auto, one shot per trigger pull. The 25 round mag I have for my ruger 10-22 was covered under this ridiculous ban, and my russian surplus SKS with a bayonet mount would also have been banned, I believe. How many gun crimes in america involve the use of a bayonet? I for one am glad the stupid ban has expired. The one useful thing the republicans have done in years..

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

I had always felt the ban was useless. As stated above, most crimes are committed with small caliber, often low quality handguns and poorly modified shotguns. Too many people watch too many movies, where all the bad guys are totin' expensive full auto weapons and they think that is how real life is. I have yet to see a crack head with an H&K MP5. The ammunition for these weapons is expensive, to say the least. The average liquer store robber only needs something that fires bullets. .25 semi auto handguns are a fave for most of the degenerates, they are cheap, I think you can get them in three packs at the drug store nowadays. I myself have owned three Glocks and a Mossberg pistol grip short barrel riot pump twelve guage (my personal favorite). I fired everything from M1 Tank to M2 Bradley to M2 machine gun to you name it in the Army, so I have no need for an arsenal at home. I do currently have a Glock, that is for that one really stupid individual who feels like he really needs to get shot breaking into my house. And yes, my full capacity mags do say LEO on them....

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Originally posted by rolmops:<br /> Dogsdad,do your homework before you react.
That's about the caliber of response I expected. You have been checkmated.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Well, I wish I had the money to get some equipment tomorrow. Yesterday I was out at a county shooting range with two depodities and a police officer. My best friend was the officer who was re-qualifing with his AR15. We shot that and numerous other firearms there on the range yesterday. I went home with the van smelling like gun powder. :D <br /><br />We all had a blast, and the targets where shreeded when we got done. I am thinking of getting a full auto at some point. It is not cheap, and requires government paper work. However, those of us who do not have records are entitled to have what ever we want. I personally feel that we all need to stock up before a ban is put back in place. For instance, if a dem gets in office around 2008 I think we will see it again.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Ban or no ban, the bad guys will always have guns. Period.