81 Glastron SX-190 Transom and Engine- PICS Galore Update 11-8

seamorewaterVIP

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 81 Glastron SX-190 Transom and Engine- PICS Galore Update 11-8

hey frisco did you say somewhere in the beginning of you thread that you had replaced the motor mounts that are glassed in the bilge prior to doing the transome. If so did you pull the out drive and engine the first time you did it. The reason that i am asking is I have a failing engine mount and dont know if I can do it w/o pulling the engine. Not trying to hijack just interested to know if you have any info. Did you do a tread on it? If you can share email to EDIT

by the way the boat is looking great.

Last edited by a moderator:

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

I can only say WOW Frisco you Glastron looks sooooooo slick sitting on that trailer....all purty! wow....should be a Diamond once you get your drive and stuff back in all freshened up and all....AWSOME! :D

ps very cool rain tarp support thingy........
I put a Harbor freight tarp over top of my boatcovers when its real rainy...the silver tarps are cheap enough and they shed water like greased lightning, 100% waterproof too. couple bungees and walla!

Friscoboater

Captain

Seamorewater,

No, My mounts were solid and clean dry wood came out when I core drilled. I think the mounts I was talking about were the ones that attach to the engine. If you have a bad mount you most likely have other wood problems too. You need to check the stringers too.

Vegas,

Thanks for the compliments. I wish I could get the sun to come out so I can take a picture of all the sparkles. More snow coming tonight and tomorrow. That makes 5 measurable snowfalls this winter here near Dallas.

system-f

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I need this weather to warm up. I too put mine on the trailer this weekend and was amazing at how easy it was to push while on the trailer. When are you going to get the transom assembly back in?

Friscoboater

Captain

I need to paint the housing first so it looks all pretty. I am going to look at that 93 Crownline on Saturday morning before I do anything. That could be the deal of the decade!

199q

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Just a quick question, did your transom look rotted with the engine in? I Like your progress and I cannot wait to see how everything turns out!

Friscoboater

Captain

The only reason I knew it was rotten was that I was taking on water. I climbed in the bay and stuck a screwdriver behind the Y-Pipe and got mush. I might have made it a couple of more years, but I had the money now and I thought I had the time. The past month or so time has really gotten tight and I have not had much time to get work done on the boat.

Well this weekend I should get alot done. The boat I found on CL fell through due to a flaky seller, and I am in the home stretch with the Glastron. I am going to do a major clean on the garage and try to get a small paint both built to get the gimble housing painted and back on the boat. Next week I will get off my butt and get the engine ordered so things will get back on track.

I think I also hit a little bit of burn out this past month with the weather and all, but a little bit of sun really got me motivated.

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey friscoboater,
Sorry to hear about the CL boat. Oh well, now you can spend more on the current boat. You have done a lot of work on it and it definitely shows it.
As for the burn out, you earned the break.
Take care.
Bob

Friscoboater

Captain

Thanks Bob. I am kinda glad the CL boat did not work out. I really felt like I was cheating on her. I was going to take the rest of the boat budget to buy it. WHAT WAS I THINKING? I love my girl and I should have never strayed!!!!!!

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey frisco,
She will really stand out on the water and driving to the lake. She really looks great.
Bob

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Hey Frisco, no need to build a paint booth you can use mine....you clean my shop and I'll paint! Can't wait to see the motor coming together!

Friscoboater

Captain

I like that idea Arch!. Mine will not be as elaborate thought. Just big enough for me and the outdrive.

bear_69cuda

Commander

She sure looks great out in the light brutha!

You did a great job on the exterior polishing! Very unique an beautiful boat you have dude...

Good luck with the Crownline. Seems like you may have caught MBS... :D

sprintst

Commander

Yeah dude. Get that garage cleaned up. :) Mine is usually spotless well. Makes me nuts untill it's clean again.

Let us know if you pickup that other boat as well.

Here's my garage so you don't feel bad...

Attachments

• IMG00544 (Medium).jpg
    IMG00544 (Medium).jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 0

tinkeringwackyone

Chief Petty Officer

good looking boat frisco, making great progress:):cool:

Friscoboater

Captain

Thanks alot guys,

The other boat is out of the picture. The lady backed out. More time for my first love.

Friscoboater

Captain

Well, it is done. I went and oredered my crate engine from City motor supply.

$1250.00 Later this is what I will get.

4 bolt block with all the marine goodies
Stock 192 heads with a mild port job
High volume oil pump
Balanced and blue printed
Double roller timing chain
Chrome Oil pan and valve covers (Didn't cost any more)
Run in and fully tested

I am supplying the cam as they did not handle Comp Cams.

According to the build sheet and Computer Dyno I should be looking at

292 HP @4500 and 408 Lbs of torque @ 2500.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Very cool Frisco! How long till you get it?

Friscoboater

Captain

Well I have to order the cam first. I am doing that tonight and depending on UPS I should have it by next weekend.