1999 Bayliner Project

jcsercsa

Captain
Re: 1999 Bayliner Project

OOOOHHHH MAN Too Cool !!!! Good Luck !!! and Have fun !!! take the camera and video if yea can !!!!!!! Luckey Dog !!! lol John

bear_69cuda

Commander

Gang,

All went well! Had a great day, the wife was a great helper, and made the event less stressful.

Only a few minor issues... My transducer must be to far in the water, it acts like a ski spraying water all over the place... See video...

Trim tabs worked awesome. I plane out at ~17 mph. Boat jumps out of the water right away. You'll see in videos.

I may need to adjust prop trim tab as steering seems to be pulling left.

For being a novas I think I did well launching and loading.

For starters I'll post some pics from the gear I loaded in the boat to be safe and legal.

jse_boat_032.jpg

jse_boat_033.jpg

jse_boat_034.jpg

jse_boat_035.jpg

Trim Tabs, and transducer mounted. Does the transducer seem to low?

jse_boat_049.jpg

All waxed up!

jse_boat_051.jpg

PFalcon

Seaman

All went well! Had a great day, the wife was a great helper, and made the event less stressful.

What would we do without all the help we get from them? :D We might complain less for awhile; but sooner or later single guys tend to complain even more! :eek:

bear_69cuda

Commander

Here are some pics at the boat landing.

I think She looks good in the water! What do ya think?

jse_boat_054.jpg

jse_boat_055.jpg

jse_boat_056.jpg

The wife's new favorite spot!

jse_boat_053.jpg

A shot of our state capitol! Madison WI.

jse_boat_052.jpg

The video is taking forever to upload. I'll post tomorrow.

After installing Bimini, snap-in carpet, and a few tweaks, I'll ask a moderator to lock this and place in finished boat forum. What a cool journey! I couldn't have done it with out all the great iboats folks!

Rickairmedic

Commander

Bear she turned out absolutely stunnng . Only things I would change if she were mine would be no trolling motor and the highchair upfront would have to go but then again I am not a fishing person I guess if you fish they are handy.

Rick

jcsercsa

Captain

MAN OHH MAN SHE DOES Look OOOOHH So Sweet !!!! Great Job there Cuda!!!!!!Cant wait to see her moving !!! John

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Wow, sure nice to see her sitting in the water. I'm looking forward to the video. Guess you wife is pretty happy too. She claimed the second best seat on the boat!

All the attention to detail pays off when you hit the water. Nothing more satisfying to put the boat in and have everything work well. Job well done!

Congrats!

Mark

Nico2112

Petty Officer 1st Class

Wow, she looks gorgeous on the water:D

What a great job mate, congratulations!

Can't wait to see the video.

bear_69cuda

Commander

Rick,

Thanks dude, I do admit she would look much better with no trolling motor and pedestal seat, but i love to fish... Cool thing is it is easily removed, and the bow cushions go over the top of the fishing deck.

Mark,

Thanks for all the help and support, and kind words as always!

John,

Thanks man! I'm looking so forward to seeing you finish your beauty!

Nico,

I think so to! Thanks for the compliments! I'll get the video tonight sometime.

I mounted the transducer to far into the water, so I'm fixing that...

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

Bear, she looks just stunning. Glad the first time out went without a hitch. You did a top notch job on her! I'm ashamed to admit it.. I bought those same ugly life jackets, too :)
Great job. It's amazing how many Bayliners have sprouted up for restorations in the past few months. And by the way yours and others are turning out, we'll be seeing them on the water for years to come.

Cheers,

Edward (Lowkee)

bear_69cuda

Commander

Okay,

My puter 3 MB service is suckin big time... So here is a try at the first video.

Let me know if it works! I can't view at work! :mad:

This is the launch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpZOSghJt4E

I'll try more tonight.

Edward! Thanks dude! You and everyone else are great inspiration! Bayliners are beautiful boats! And with restoration and care, I also hope to see older models on the water!

Rickairmedic

Commander

Bear the launch looked picture perfect to me although I will admit ( after all the recent discusssions ) the thought occured to me as you backed it into the water dang did he remember the plug :D. Looks like you remembered :D. SWMBO sounded quite enthused to have her in the water as well.

Rick

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

That takes balls to film your ramp performance and post it on iBoats. I know I'm not man enough to do it :)

wewefirex2x

Petty Officer 1st Class

After you said the ramp was slippery, I was thinking OHHHH no here he goes, he is going to crack his groin on that tongue. Very nice project. You must have a very understanding wife. My project is still in the shop and the wife keeps saying, how much longer and how much more money. Its a boat....

92excel

Chief Petty Officer

Looks great sitting there on the water!

now we need some action video!

Nico2112

Petty Officer 1st Class

Great video!

Good launching skills Bear, nice & steady backing up:D

19 sec. your wife's comment "let's see if he knows what he's doing"....priceless:)

Keep the vids coming, I want to see her running!

Cheers!

bear_69cuda

Commander

Gang,

So finally got these video's to work,

First one is me talking smack about my "transducer for the trolling motor" My brain was toast and Misty hates the word transducer, Or thinks it sounds strange, so that's a flub. Anyhow, I mounted it two low and it made a massive rooster tail, splashing up on my swim platform. This is now fixed, and properly mounted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ICsordpn4I

Second video is of the Smart tabs in action on plane @ ~ 20 mph, and a shot of the crazy transducer in action...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7TeEIfg-cU

Other video's are kinda stupid, so I wont waste anyone's time!

Maybe I'll shoot some additional soon... Would love to have a chase boat take some video! Any requests?

Finally is a pic of the "ss Hurry Up" decal I just put on.... :D

jse_first_launch.jpg

Rickairmedic, ezmobee,

I got lucky with the launch bruthas-

wewefirex2x,

Me taking a digger would have been phunny!

92excel,

Thanks Justin... Here are some actions vids!

Nico2112,

Thanks for the kind words mate!

The wife cracks me up also!

jcsercsa

Captain

Too Cool there Cuda !!!!!! its nice to put a voice with all the talking we done !!!!!!!!! ride's Sweet !!! love the sound of her !!! cant wait to hear mine !!!!!!!

hay get some more video, would love to see more !! Looks like a good size lake ???

Ok too cool , I am jealous !!!!!!!!! lol John

Rickairmedic

Commander

Bear she looks sounds and runs great awesome job if the only issue you had was the " transducer " :D. I say you did a bangup job on her .

Rick