• Side (or Side by Side) console

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Decker83

Commander
Re: 1988 Sea Nymph GLS - 17'

I'm late to the show again..:D
Looks like you made a great come back.. Family looked fantastic on the beach..
Glad to hear you have the overheating fixed without spending alot of cash..
Like JB said, hate to see that sweet 90 being used as an anchor..

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020

Good Deal Patrick!!! :thumb:

glnbnz

Chief Petty Officer

So just for my reference...muffs not so good, but running in a tub is better?

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Glen:

I don't think there is anything wrong with muffs. In fact, I think they might have some benefits, because you are not recirculating your exhaust sludge in the barrel. However, some times the tub can be preferable because you don't have to worry about water pressure on the hose, whether the muffs are water-tight and secure, etc... For me, I thought I had a developed an air pocket or some other intake issue because of the muffs, so I went for more certainty on the intake side of things.

A couple of things some of my friends have pointed out to me:

(1) I didn't quite have the tub filled high enough; I think the goal is to try and get the water line in the tub above the water pump.

(2) Also, leaving the hose in the tub is a good idea. Keeps the water cooler, adds fresh water and dilutes the exhaust sludge a little bit.

Hope this helps.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

My old boat made an unnecessary trip to the shop once (thought it wasn't pumping) due to me just not having it submerged enough in a bucket. You gotta get it in there. The water pump which as you know is on top of the lower unit, needs to be complete submerged. Just getting the intake screens covered is nowhere near enough. Yours is definitely not deep enough in the above video.

glnbnz

Chief Petty Officer

On your boat PMC what is the Max HP rating? and also if possible where is that info found?

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Hey Glen:
Sorry I missed your question... I'm not sure of the HP rating... I don't think its on the capacity plate I have... Since the 85 came with it, that's what I am rolling with and it doesn't feel overpowered at all...

Couple of small updates.

Installed these fishing rod holders made out of starboard... really liking them:

Another view:

Also installed this hummingbird 587 (GPS/Sonar/Down Imaging)... Only used it once, but really happy with it..

I installed the transducer on one of those starboard mounting plates... Really happy with the install and won't have to punch any additional holes in my boat if additional adjustments are needed..

Last edited:

Decker83

Commander

Really nice touch on the rod holders.. Look great..

The Humminbird is awesome.. Hope one day I can use one..

glnbnz

Chief Petty Officer

Not a problem I was just curious...looking into some different options on boats.

Liking the updates!! Rod holders and Hummingbird look great!!

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Nice score on the boat booty, brother!:cool:
May they serve you well...;)

chriscraft254

Commander

Whats up Mister! Just catching up with old friends here. I am sooooo very happy for you and the family man. Boat turned out great, I'm really glad you are getting to use her finally. You deserve great times my friend after all that work you have done. Now that that ones in the water and pretty good to go, wheres the next project?? haha

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Whats up Mister! Just catching up with old friends here. I am sooooo very happy for you and the family man. Boat turned out great, I'm really glad you are getting to use her finally. You deserve great times my friend after all that work you have done. Now that that ones in the water and pretty good to go, wheres the next project?? haha

Hey Budd.
Good to have you back and thanks for the kind words. Yes, getting to use the boat and do a little fishing has been a lot of fun...

Glad you got your outdrive fixed and are back on the water.

I've got my eyes on another project... (it's a woody)... Just trying to build up some goodwill with some honey dos (and fertilize the money tree) before I launch into another one....

I will definitely do another project one day though... too much fun (I have the sickness), and there is no better feeling that riding around in a boat that you rebuilt...

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Small weekend update with some personal diversions:

1) Went to a car show and got to meet Tow Mater (some of you who don't have small kids might not have seen the movie cars -- and therefore may not understand the significance of this moment):

2) Then, went to watch the pros weigh-in at the finals of the bassmaster tourney on one of our local lakes:

3) Little man (south paw) got to work on his flip casting and dunked one right in the bucket mouth:

4) Installed the corner caps on the transom... The unfinished corners had been bothering me for awhile... Who can guess what they are made of out of?

Oh, and my Ole Miss Rebels knocked off No. 6 LSU with a field goal at the wire... Pretty good weekend around these parts:

Last edited:

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

4) Installed the corner caps on the transom... The unfinished corners had been bothering me for awhile... Who can guess what they are made of out of?

The corners of a heavy duty cookie sheet or fuel tank, aluminum...I suppose...:D
Sounds like a great weekend by any standards...
And kudos to little man for slammin one in the bucket mouth...
Tow-Mater always Gits-it-dun!:)

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Looks like a great time and the corner caps look nice and strong ..
Congrats on beating the Tigers ! I am already done with both my college and pro teams for this year . The only thing to make this year good is if we beat Georgia .. :pray: