Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Side (or Side by Side) console

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Decker83

Commander
Re: 1988 Sea Nymph GLS - 17'

That's a real cool pic of your son on the Tow Master.. I have 3 grandkids that would love to have been there..

Not sure if I could have fliped one in the bucket.. Nice shot..

Looks like some kind of aluminum pan that you cut the corners off.. Looks great.. Put some of GT1M shine on them for that
extra nice touch..:whoo: Have a great week..

jbcurt00

Staff member

Hmmm, didn't you cut the top off a gas tank to make a live well? If so, nice job recycling old parts into new parts!

Sounds like a good weekend @ the PMC camp!

Your son did a nice job flipping the jig! If I'm not 4+ feet short of casting up close to the bank, I'm 3ft up the bank in the tall grass :facepalm:

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

All good guesses and, in fact, a cookie sheet is not a bad idea.

I actually made them out of a plastic battery tray that had rounded corners that I lifted out of the original boat. Sanded down some of the "gripping" ridges on the bottom; sanded off the little strap holders; cut 'em to shape; cleaned 'em up; spray bombed them with some rusto "stainless steel" (color); and snapped them on.

Total bottom-feeder cost: $0.00. If they break, I can get some real ones (really just wanted something less ugly (hopefully) than the unfinished corners were).

Last edited:

bajaunderground

Lieutenant

I just read this whole 'rebirth" in one sitting (Full disclosure: I might have skipped over few posts?). Nice Job PMC...While I am partial to the Chris Crafts/Glassers, I think you have truly made a custom fit boat that fits your needs far superior that the Lancer!? You know that boat inside and out and there's nothing you shouldn't be able to fix/repair/replace when it's needed!

Kudos!
~Brett

Do you think we need to have an 'intervention' on Jas? He has sickness!

dozerII

Admiral

Sounds like a great weekend, even I would have liked to meet TowMater, Cars my favorite animated movie. Not having corner caps on the 201 one while I was working on it cost me tears in the belly of three T shirts and two Hoodies in the same spot on each.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Is this boat already sponsored? Toyota? Awesome!!!:thumb:

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Thought some of you guys might like to see some fish p*rn. Hooked up this bull red on my fly rod last weekend...

jbcurt00

Staff member

Nice red!

A fly rod you say? That was an interesting fight I bet....

Decker83

Commander

That must have been a blast landing that beauty on a fly rod.. Very nice PMC...:joyous:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Sweet ! Where was ya at using a fly reel ? Up in the marsh , flats ? I have been wanting to get into sight fishing just not sure of the right set up / techniques .

lokonn

Chief Petty Officer

Way to go, had to be awsome on a flyrod.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Dooooood, that ain't no bull...that be a whale! Nice Catch!

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks guys! Yes, it was a blast. We had larger weight fly rods made for salt water, so while the fight was intense, it was not like I was trying to play a large fish on a brook trout rod (plenty of back bone on those rods to horse the fish a bit just like you would with regular tackle).

S.P. the sight-fishing definitely requires a specialized set up. In my opinion, the only way you can sight fish for the bull reds is with a fly rod. There are plenty of times when you have to immediately pick up and recast if the fish changes direction or doesn't see what you are offering... With a fly rod, you can pick up and recast in a couple of seconds... (I casted 3 times to that fish up there before he ate)... You don't have that luxury with spinning gear unless you are going to use a popping cork or something that will make some noise and attract the fish over to your bait if you make a bad cast).

You also have to have the right boat... Something that can handle some chop but also float very skinny... I caught that fish in the marsh in about 2 feet of water. The poling flats skiffs work really great... It would be pretty hard and labor intensive (and you would get stuck often) in any other kind of boat.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Thanks for the insight pm sure sounds like fun ! :cool:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

Very cool, you can check that one off the list, awesome way to fish for sure. What's next? Bonefish, deep sea tuna or maybe marlin?