Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Side (or Side by Side) console

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: 1988 Sea Nymph GLS - 17'

Nice looking bunk work. Where's the boat?

glnbnz

Chief Petty Officer

Yeah I got one of those Staple guns...very handy!!! :)

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Nice looking bunk work. Where's the boat?

I left it moored at the dock at the lake my folks live on overnight. When I came to retrieve it the next day, there was not a drop of water in the bilge. That was a good feeling. Gluvit (though a bit slippery and sometimes a b**ch to apply) is an effective and reliable product. :)

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020

I left it moored at the dock at the lake my folks live on overnight. When I came to retrieve it the next day, there was not a drop of water in the bilge. That was a good feeling. Gluvit (though a bit slippery and sometimes a b**ch to apply) is an effective and reliable product. :)

fist-pump-baby.jpg

lokonn

Chief Petty Officer

Nice job PMC! You cleared a big section of the boat owners attic with that project.

m casey stock

Chief Petty Officer

Been awhile since I've had any boat-related progress to report.

My trailer has been bugging me for awhile... As some of you may recall, I had an issue with the Bunks wanting to play tricks on me when trailering the boat:

Plus, a lot of the bolts and hardware under there were seriously corroded and compromised (the original bunks were made with pressure treated lumber). As expected the wood help up nicely, but it accelerated the corrosion of the hardware and it caused some pitting on the bottom of my boat. So, I went with non PT covered in spar-urethane. You can see where I routed the sides for a bit of a custom fit on the underside. I also did a small round-over edge with the router on the top sides to make it easier to install the carpet and to be less of hard angle when trailering the boat (which could also wear and tear the carpet):

The finished product:

We had some great "spring like" weather yesterday and I got to enjoy the boat. Temps dropped more than 50 degrees overnight and I woke up to ice on my car and snow flurries... Nothing quite like Mississippi weather contrasts in early March.

Nice work there Neighbor! I was in your neck of the woods this past weekend. My mother lives in Canton and we had a little get together to celebrate mine and my twin Half brothers birthdays (theirs was the second and mine is coming up in a few weeks) Anyway drove along the Natchez Trace along side the lake and was dreaming about cruisin' the waters in the Duracraft (soon, very soon) Gotta get by the trim shop and see how he's coming with my cushions. Hopefully your boat will sit still now on it's new bed.

Last edited:

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Nice work there Neighbor! I was in your neck of the woods this past weekend. My mother lives in Canton and we had a little get together to celebrate mine and my twin Half brothers birthdays (theirs was the second and mine is coming up in a few weeks) Anyway drove along the Natchez Trace along side the lake and was dreaming about cruisin' the waters in the Duracraft (soon, very soon) Gotta get by the trim shop and see how he's coming with my cushions. Hopefully your boat will sit still now on it's new bed.

Yep, that's a beautiful stretch of roadway there.... Will definitely give you the itch to get out on the water... speaking of...., we had a colder than usual winter (something about a "polar vortex"), but nothing as bad as my northern iboats brethren... Nonetheless, that has pushed our fishing schedule back a few weeks... I finally got a chance to take the boat out for my first real "Fishing" trip with the little man... I was sort of puffing my chest out when I got the skunk off the boat with this healthy 4 pounder...

My son was totally un-impressed and decided he needed to one up me (turns out he is a fishy little dude):

All that to say that the boat fished really well...and I'm glad I did this little project and hope it creates many more memories for us... I appreciate all of you tagging along and helping me out along the way.

I'm probably going to close out this thread now, and hopefully I will get my next project on the boards sooner rather than later.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Congrats, great project my friend!

That last post is what it's all about, just awesome!:thumb:

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Congratulations to the both of you for removing any skunk left in the boat...
Those are a couple of mighty fine bucket mouths!
Thanks for sharing this journey with us and I will be looking forward to regular fishing/catching updates as they become available and especially any future boating projects you feel the need to tackle in the future...
Best regards,
Gus

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Awesome catch ! Thanks for letting us tag along Pm ! Now you can add this to the finished project thread. I was going to add mine but that crackerbox project would be a hard act to follow ! :joyous:

jbcurt00

Staff member

Congrats on both bass, nice! Good times headed your family & that SN's way :cool:

Decker83

Commander

It's been a great experience following your threads.. Thanks for sharing all the info and vids..

Will miss this thread, will be looking forward to your next adventure..

glnbnz

Chief Petty Officer

Nice catch you have there!! Congrats to the you guys...I am hoping this is just the beginning of a great season for you and your family :)

m casey stock

Chief Petty Officer

All I can say is awesome !! Thanks so much for the ride along. I look forward to the next project and thread and will most certainly want to hitch along on it too. I hope you have a wonderful Spring and Summer to enjoy all the hard work and create all the new memories possible.

lokonn

Chief Petty Officer

Way nice ending to a great project. Congrats to you and yours. May need to pm you about your tilt and trim. Fish on!

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander
I know this a dead thread, but since it's mine I am hoping the MODs won't scold me. Just checking in to let you guys know that I let this rig go to someone that I think is going to get to use and enjoy more than I have been able to recently. I have zero regrets about this project and the time I got to spend enjoying this boat. I am especially appreciative to all the iboats members that helped me restore it along the way.

One of my last outings with the little man:

The new owner is familiar with this thread, and maybe he will jump on iboats on post some pictures of the Sea Nymph in its new coastal Alabama home coated with fish slime :)

I am by no means done with boats or working on them, I have just taken a break to work on my new mistress:

I'll probably rehab a smaller rig at some point in the near future and, of course, I'll jump on here for the fun.

I hope everyone is doing well, and I'll try and check in more often to chime in and support the ongoing dry dock projects.

Peace,

PMC

Last edited:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Well, well, well, Look who showed back up!!! No worries the OP can always re-open his own OLD thread!!! But Hey what I want to know is...Did you get the Go-Kart running????:eek::D

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Lol you found a new project, funny how that happens! Enjoy it, and hope to see you around here with another project!