1979 18' v5

Yeonik

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1979 18' v5

Looks nice glen! Might need to touch up that gelcoat tho! :D

barato2

Commander

that is too cool. you have GOt to post a pic when it's done and the flowers are blooming.

Gibbles

Commander

hrm... that needs something... but what?

hrmmmm :confused:

oh wait I know!!!

11212_detail.jpg

Gibbles

Commander

but... I'm going to roll with a set of these in my yard :D
zombie+gnomes+1.jpg

ZombieLutin011.jpg

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Dozer - Plant some Aloe Vera. I heard it helps with itchiness. Finally, a glasser has a use post-donor. :laugh:

dozerII

Admiral

Thanks guys will post some pics next summer when it's all planted. The Admiral got all potty mouthed when I mentioned Pink Flamingos and Garden Gnomes, so I quickly blamed on YOU GUYS:D

dozerII

Admiral
Well guys it's been two years on the 3 of May since this boat made it home, there are 8 pages in this thread already and the hull hasn't even made it into the hanger!!! There sure is a lot of :blah: :grouphug:

And now that I have Darcy's ready for summer use, it's been since Sunday that there is no project ready in the hanger, I was starting to get the shakes and cold sweats this morning SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Don't know how much I will get done over the summer, but at least it is inside and ready to go on those wet rainy weekednds. :facepalm:

64osby

Admiral
Given the weather patterns you have been having your summer might be crazy. That will leave you plenty of time to make a run for SOTY 2015. :D

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
I have to say I'm a bit envious Glen, if and when I find one of those it will be my forever fishing boat. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the rare old gal.

Tnstratofam

Commander
Looking forward to seeing another great rebuild come out of your shop dozer. That is a sleek looking hull. Why are they so rare?

jbcurt00

Staff member
Glen after 2 or 3 days you get tin boat rehab withdrawl?

Dude, I think it may be terminal.......... Looking forward to ya tearing it down and putting it back ;)

Decker83

Commander
This time I can watch you from start to finish instead of just reading the after effects.. Very cool..

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Looking forward to seeing another great rebuild come out of your shop dozer. That is a sleek looking hull. Why are they so rare?

If what I think is right about the SS V5s they only made the 'new' hull design for a few years starting in 1979 and the hull AL thickness was increased over the other models as well. They put a filler cap on the port side that connected to big belly tank.A heavier well built boat that lead to the future hull designs still in use today by SC.Easily identified by not having the lap sides like the other models that are even newer and it has an extra strake that is lower but can be seen curving up the bow.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Dozer is finally doing an outboard! :D

She is a sweet. sleek hull!

dozerII

Admiral
get the paint to match that aluminum can on the bow!

Good eye I was looking at the same thing, but the Admiral is thinking something in the early 70's dodge Plumb crazy with black Starcraft swooshes??

Given the weather patterns you have been having your summer might be crazy. That will leave you plenty of time to make a run for SOTY 2015. :D

Sure you had to start that 64, now it's raining and is forecast through the weekend

I have to say I'm a bit envious Glen, if and when I find one of those it will be my forever fishing boat. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the rare old gal.

Thanks Rob, I don't know about a fishing boat, there is now where near the room up front that a straight 18SS has

Thanks tns, V5's were only made for three years and in small numbers.

Glen after 2 or 3 days you get tin boat rehab withdrawl?

Dude, I think it may be terminal.......... Looking forward to ya tearing it down and putting it back ;)

Thanks John, yup there is no coming back, even the weekly meetings haven't helped.:facepalm:

This time I can watch you from start to finish instead of just reading the after effects.. Very cool..

Thanks Deck, not quite sure on the plan for this one yet.

If what I think is right about the SS V5s they only made the 'new' hull design for a few years starting in 1979 and the hull AL thickness was increased over the other models as well. They put a filler cap on the port side that connected to big belly tank.A heavier well built boat that lead to the future hull designs still in use today by SC.Easily identified by not having the lap sides like the other models that are even newer and it has an extra strake that is lower but can be seen curving up the bow.

I think they were built from 77 through 79, but not positive.

Dozer is finally doing an outboard! :D

She is a sweet. sleek hull!

Thanks GA, what do you mean finally doing an outboard, this will be the fourth one.:rolleyes:

hayko1971

Starmada Splash of the Year 2015
I'm excited to see how this one turns out, you always do such nice work!