1979 18' v5

dozerII

Admiral
Re: 1979 18' v5

This is pretty much the Admirals idea and plan, so I'm pretty sure she is going to PooPoo on the nose first idea.

catfishr1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Wow Glen; That was a super sweet deal for a Tower of power. Bottom feeder approved. I just love mine. Plus a nice trailer and a few other goodies.:loyal:

BillaVista

Petty Officer 1st Class

What a great combo! I can't wait to see this one coming together (well, except that it's bound to make me sick with envy :) )

dozerII

Admiral

What a great combo! I can't wait to see this one coming together (well, except that it's bound to make me sick with envy :) )

Thanks Bill, ya I'm thinking this boat is going to be scary fast. Don't hold your breath waiting for it to get in the shop, it probably won't happen till the winter of 2014/15

I got the doner Silverline glasser stripped this morning after spending yesterday building another out board stand to put the T of P on. I will see if I can post up some pics from my phone as the Admiral left both cameras at the lake. That 140 is pretty intimidating sitting on the stand. It's been raining here all day if it stops I'm hoping to fire up the old Ford tractor tomorrow to start on the landlocked glasser flower bed.

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020

I already feel sorry for the flowers...they're going to be "sick with envy" as well watching all of that sweet tin being pulled past :lol:

ToP is definitely on my bucket list.

Yeonik

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I feel sorry for em because they're gonna be all itchy. :cold:

dozerII

Admiral

I already feel sorry for the flowers...they're going to be "sick with envy" as well watching all of that sweet tin being pulled past :lol:

ToP is definitely on my bucket list.

I feel sorry for em because they're gonna be all itchy. :cold:

Itchy is right, All I cut out of the glasser was the instrument panel so I could keep the wiring intact for reference and a shower won't take the itch off the arms. YUUUK , PHEW.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Itchy is right, All I cut out of the glasser was the instrument panel so I could keep the wiring intact for reference and a shower won't take the itch off the arms. YUUUK , PHEW.

Before grinding/cutting glass, use a liquid hand soap & rub it onto anything that will be left exposed during grinding: Hands, arms, neck, ears, face... Just gently rub it in sort of like lotion....

:faint2: But yep, Ugh...

'Fills' the pores in your skin, keeps the itch away & helps get the glass dust OFF of ya quicker when you do stop for a rinse down/shower.

Interesting, donor boat, donor trailer, ya get to compost a glasser & it's decorative all at the same time.

GameOnSalmon

Seaman Apprentice

Glen that Tower of "COUGH COUGH" Black power is a great Find... But Man... I cannot believe
you're going to Pollute that Gorgeous Lined V5 with a black Motor...

She would be really Special with a 150 JohnnyRude "FAST STRIKE" View attachment faststrike.bmp... Stainless Prop 19pitch and for good laughs
you might as well mount that on a 15" Set back Jack Plate from Hydro Dynamics..

Do u need me to Find you a RUDE to Keep that Black ANCHOR off that V5?
Robert

dozerII

Admiral

Before grinding/cutting glass, use a liquid hand soap & rub it onto anything that will be left exposed during grinding: Hands, arms, neck, ears, face... Just gently rub it in sort of like lotion....

:faint2: But yep, Ugh...

'Fills' the pores in your skin, keeps the itch away & helps get the glass dust OFF of ya quicker when you do stop for a rinse down/shower.

Interesting, donor boat, donor trailer, ya get to compost a glasser & it's decorative all at the same time.

Thanks for the tip, but I'm hoping to never tough one of them things again.

Didn't your other thread state she left the cameras at home? :photo::dizzy:

Oh no not at home, they are still in the fifth wheel at camp, the same place they were when we were at the lake!!!

Glen that Tower of "COUGH COUGH" Black power is a great Find... But Man... I cannot believe
you're going to Pollute that Gorgeous Lined V5 with a black Motor...

She would be really Special with a 150 JohnnyRude "FAST STRIKE" View attachment 211036... Stainless Prop 19pitch and for good laughs
you might as well mount that on a 15" Set back Jack Plate from Hydro Dynamics..

Do u need me to Find you a RUDE to Keep that Black ANCHOR off that V5?
Robert

Hey Robert, I'm not a Mercury fan by any means, but the price was right and it is going on a boat I intend on flipping so it will work just perfect.

dozerII

Admiral

Busy weekend, got the Silverline scavaged and a good start on the flower bed..

Last edited:

budski

Lieutenant Commander

Looks good Glen, you should put an acorn in the middle and grow a big oak tree in it.

GameOnSalmon

Seaman Apprentice

Glen,
On that 20' V5 you have or had? The blue one... with the I/O How well did that boat Ride...? Got a chance to pick up a 20' Holiday V5 thats a 1987 in pretty darn good shape... but have no idea how the 20' with the 8' beam rides or rode? Can you shed a little light for me... I would appreciate it..

FYI - The Boat Flower Garden is Officially now started... Lookin Good!
Robert

InMotion

Commander

A fitting spot for good ole itchy... I trust you were using some "equipment" to move that stuff around!! ---- or does the western water supply give you super powers?? :)

J.

dozerII

Admiral

Glen,
On that 20' V5 you have or had? The blue one... with the I/O How well did that boat Ride...? Got a chance to pick up a 20' Holiday V5 thats a 1987 in pretty darn good shape... but have no idea how the 20' with the 8' beam rides or rode? Can you shed a little light for me... I would appreciate it..

FYI - The Boat Flower Garden is Officially now started... Lookin Good!
Robert

Hey Robert, thanks for stopping by. The 201 rides real nice and with the sharp bow cuts the waves really well. I don't know about the V5 model but the 201 likes to be lightly loaded in the bow, but a very stable boat.

A fitting spot for good ole itchy... I trust you were using some "equipment" to move that stuff around!! ---- or does the western water supply give you super powers?? :)

Thanks Jim, Ya no super powers here used the ole Blue ford tractor.

J.