1979 18' v5

dozerII

Admiral
Re: 1979 18' v5

Great find DII,
That's a near exact match to my 79ss, The color & trailer are exact to mine! The visible diff's are, Splash well, underfloor tank, and the driver raised console, and maybe the uppermost bow looks more narrow, NICE BOAT THO, I LIKE IT!

BTW, I just missed a 16SS, center console with no motor for 600.00!!! dang the luck...

Thanks shade, too bad on the 16SS, good deals are hard to come by.

shadetree_fish

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks shade, too bad on the 16SS, good deals are hard to come by.

Like I have the time for another SC, but man SC woulda been worth getting, even if I had put it to the side & to cover it up!

dozerII

Admiral

That's called inventory and there is nothing wrong with having lots of that.LOL

Gibbles

Commander

Hey I just got the official "boat hobby is a'ok" from the city police dept.

Now I need to spread my wings :lol:

dozerII

Admiral

Hey I just got the official "boat hobby is a'ok" from the city police dept.

Now I need to spread my wings :lol:

By the sounds of it Chris one of your happy neighbours must have brought in the boys in blue????

My Admiral does NOT concure......... yet. :rolleyes:-

Come on jb we know you can talk her into it!!!

Gibbles

Commander

yeah one sure did, it was a joke but the good news is I don't have to worry about what he thinks, making him upset makes me smile now. :)
I feel so free!!
Next house won't have any neighbors close... :D

dozerII

Admiral

While I was on holidays I got a call from a local farmer that had heard I like to work on boats. He said he had an old Silverline glass boat with a 140 Mercruiser, he wanted to get rid of the floor and transom were rotten. I said I would come look at it when I got back from holidays. So this morning I stopped in to see it, the boat looks pretty good on both the outside and the inside, but the floor is rotten and the transom totally shot. The kicker is it's not a Mercruiser but a Mercury 140hp tower of power in good running condition with a sticky starter bendix. So the V5 now has it's motor, and a bunch of doner parts with a good Shorelander trailer for the bottom feeder price of $400.00

InMotion

Commander

Nice find there man! Glad to see there some new action going on out your way!!! :)

Hope your holidays were excellent and you guys avoided some of the storms!

Take care,

Jim

barato2

Commander

dang Glen....now your addiction has taken on a life of its own, when people contact YOU about boats they're lookin to get rid of. closest i ever came was people dumping cats and dogs near our rural house once the word apparently got out that we were suckers for strays.....

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

And you get to dispose of a nasty glasser, awesome.

dozerII

Admiral

Nice find there man! Glad to see there some new action going on out your way!!! :)

Hope your holidays were excellent and you guys avoided some of the storms!

Take care,

Jim

Thanks Jim, Holidays were awesome, and great weather everyday.

dang Glen....now your addiction has taken on a life of its own, when people contact YOU about boats they're lookin to get rid of. closest i ever came was people dumping cats and dogs near our rural house once the word apparently got out that we were suckers for strays.....

Thanks B2, pretty cool EH.

And you get to dispose of a nasty glasser, awesome.

Disposal on this one is going to be a little different, I'm going to strip off the parts I want and the Admiral wants it in the back garden in the rock pile set up like it crashed on the rocks and she is going to fill it with flowers!!!!!!

By the way other than the water pump it runs like a top, the guy that put the new bendex on the starter left out the brass washer on the top under the nut which allowed the bendex gear to go to deep into the ring gear and jam.

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020

Disposal on this one is going to be a little different, I'm going to strip off the parts I want and the Admiral wants it in the back garden in the rock pile set up like it crashed on the rocks and she is going to fill it with flowers!!!!!!

that's one way to see a glasser increase in value :laugh:

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

that's one way to see a glasser increase in value :laugh:
yeah the uber rich down in Greenwich, Stamford and Darien along the CT coast all buy up those old glassers and put them out front cockeyed on the lawn, so the thieves think they are poor and move onto the next estate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!bob

barato2

Commander

i like the plan. you do realize that you have GOT to post pics of that...?

64osby

Admiral

Maybe you can invite CBK up to help with proper placement techniques.:)

What a nice fall in your lap deal.

Last edited:

Gibbles

Commander

Nice score on the engine, and it looks nothing like a dorm room mini fridge! :lol:

And I think the FG boat needs to be planted nose first into those rocks sticking straight up.

just say'n :)

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Nice flower pot with a nice Tower of Power. And they call you! You got 'em trained up there. :lol:

dozerII

Admiral

Thanks guys, I will post up some pics of the planted glasser, could be a while though. And yes EZ it has power trim.