1979 18' v5

Decker83

Commander
Sad to see the V5 put to rest, but the ratrod sounds like a great project..

dozerII

Admiral
But now it's just a run of the mill Essex. Mid-cockpits are a dime (7 cents for you) a dozen! :rofl:

There won't be anything run of the mill about this Essex, even Johnny cash would be proud when the list of vehicles that donate is compiled:lol:

Sad to see the V5 put to rest, but the ratrod sounds like a great project..

She's not put to rest just on a Time Out:rolleyes: Yup looking forward to a different project.

crankbait cowboy

Chief Petty Officer
cool lookin project doz. hope you stay in touch with the starmada once in awhile to help the rest of us, go in the right direction. example !! what 3m spray adhesive you been using on your vinyl decking and are you happy with the way it is holding up?

hayko1971

Starmada Splash of the Year 2015
I have this fantastic image in my head of a cool car like that pulling a pimped out 50s Ski Champ or something. You could just start a new tow vehicle section so we can follow along!

Last edited:

dozerII

Admiral
cool lookin project doz. hope you stay in touch with the starmada once in awhile to help the rest of us, go in the right direction. example !! what 3m spray adhesive you been using on your vinyl decking and are you happy with the way it is holding up?

Thanks CC I will be sticking around, too many great guys on this site to go away, on my last boat I used Lepages Latex Contact Cement sprayed on both surfaces with a cheap $19 syphon gun and it has worked great. The 3M spray adhesives work, but not as well in my opinion.

I have this fantastic image in my head of a cool car like that pulling a pimped out 50s Ski Champ or something. You could just start a new tow vehicle section so we can follow along!

Similar to what I'm thinking Rob, maybe can get GAB to open that section, Starcraft tow vehicles:thumb::grouphug:

budski

Lieutenant Commander
Hey Glen sorry to hear about the V5 was looking forward to seeing her done, did you at least get all the rivets finished, oh well have to look forward to seeing the ratrod.