1976 22' Starcraft Islander Rebuild

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1976 22' Starcraft Islander Rebuild

Dude I am so sorry. I have driven to Wlamart at 4 in the morning to avoid what you had to bear. I pray it will not pull your man card for drinking fu fu coffee.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Bear Grylls & that guy from the Bucket List favor: Kopi Luwak

They are sending you a rush delivery of a special Tinny blend 5lb can. When you finish the coffee, you can use the can, for well, the can on your Islander. Or the head to you boatnuts.:facepalm:

1st cup of Kopi Luwak is the hardest to enjoy. After that butta;) 1st cup also tend to cleanse the lingering after taste of the Traverse City Cherry cough syrup coffee. The Kopi after taste takes a little longer to remove. Suggestions include that new hull stripper CC254 is trying.

Don't you guys have drive thru coffee there? I seriously doubt it affected your intended activities, except maybe the run.....

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

First, the sewing circle goes viral (which is sort of okay because its boat-related) and now you are drinking specialty coffee.. Next thing you know, we'll be discussing whether or not to plant perennials in your herb garden.... What is this forum coming to? .... Cowboy up, men... Let's get back to our roots of WD-40 and Torque Wrenches...

rheagler

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I am so glad my girlfriend makes it a point to always have extra coffee in stock. If it was left up to me I would be in big trouble.... Nice work on the boat, by the way :)

bear_69cuda

Commander

Doooooode you kill me!

Just go glass man! Glassssssssssssss!

Hghvoltage

Seaman

OMG Jason after that I really need to ship some Seaport coffee (it'll just eat the spoon).

kilowatts

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hi Guys:

Yeah... You know I thought the "Tinny sewing circle" was bad enough but now we have more emoting all over the place with the Kaffee Klatch tinny girls. In the world of glassers we always "Man Up" and keep things like coffee preferences strictly private. Paraphrasing the Glasser rule book, Article 17, Section 4 part 2 states that ..."each member/owner is allowed the beverage of his choice"... I think this is mainly to to wash down the fibreglass dust after a day in the shop. It doesn't mention emotions though!

Good video Jason, I started to tear up.

kilowatts

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

It's always interesting what happens around here when I sign off for the day:rolleyes:

Guys, yur great, much heart! This morning I have actual, legitimate, strong, black coffee going in my body. Much better:)

Here are a couple more videos from yesterday morning...

Thoughts on the Mercruiser Special tools, n' stuff...

Cabin cushions = so nice...

Great news! They sent me my camera back, all repaired. So now, a whole lot less videos of me yammering on about foolishness!:D

Cheers fellas!

dozerII

Admiral

Great info Jason, it's no wonder your a teacher.
Glen

ben2go

Chief Petty Officer

Good vids.It's coming together nicely.

talltx

Petty Officer 3rd Class

But.....But ....But I like the videos, and shinny things, and just a splash of seafoam in my coffee. Say it ain't so!!!! :eek: By the way, nice v- birth. looks real comfy. Thanks for the tool info too. Oh, just a suggestion.On the wide end of the v-birth you might consider a nice trim piece that laps the side to help keep those cushions in place.Common on sail boats.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

jbcurt00

Staff member

The cabin cushions turned out real good looking. Nice assembly work. The extra bow tank step up & cushions make it nice & roomy. Yep, be a good place to wait out a squal.:)

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Thanks JB!

K, if you are board and would like to have a cup of coffee with me, and just kick around boat building ideas...

I do believe I am kinda leaning towards #4. Maybe.

Always happy to hear your thoughts guys:)

maddiedog

Petty Officer 2nd Class

OK. My transom is a little deeper so I have more room BUT I would go with option one for the engine. It won't affect things much. Mine stick out a little too and it isn't a big deal. You are going to make a board that is padded that will cover the whole back with a lip that the dog house will rest on. You want your doghouse as small and low profile as possible. The back cover will have two flaps that hang down to cover the battery and trim pump. You will also have your blower back there. You could put another battery up front under your seat for your electronics. You will just need to charge this one from time to time since it isn't hooked up to your alternator. I would NOT put your batteries in front of your engine because your dog house WILL be a PITA!

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Here's kinda the idea for the batts in front of the engine, similar anyway...

attachment.php

(pullinlines boat)

Just on a smaller scale than that ^^^.

You are going to make a board that is padded that will cover the whole back with a lip that the dog house will rest on. You want your doghouse as small and low profile as possible. The back cover will have two flaps that hang down to cover the battery and trim pump.

Actually, my current direction is to go with padded bolsters for the side gunwales and no padding for the stern piece (fir back there). But I will have a vinyl curtain that will come down and hide the whole transom (and removable jump seats on either side of the doghouse).

Hope that helps a lil:)

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

I like option 4, and instead of one huge doghouse, make it a double dog house...and if you plan to install a 2-bank battery charger, that would also be a good place for it...also, it can be stepped down from the main dog house and could create yet another seating/standing option for fishing, kinda like an abbreviated fishing platform...sort of...yeah, go ahead, I double dog dare you...:D