1955 Plywood Bryant PROJECT

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: Anyone Know on this one?

Yeah, well they're gunna try and do it arthroscopically so if so it will only be about a week recovery and then Dr. says I can do what ever I feel like doing. If he has to CUT me then it will be 6 weeks. I HOPE all goes well. Will Keep you posted. BUT NO MATTER WHAT, If you change that boat on little bit, I WILL be up there to KICK your Backside NO MATTER WHAT so don't get any ideas about takin advantage of a Poor Ole sickly fart.

I'm just sayin...:D

mthuirer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

UPDATE:
I've been waiting on that Transom Sleeve that I have someone making for me.. So mean while.. I have finished painting the inside of the boat and started polishing parts..

1z1w96x.jpg

nogf44.jpg

dc3683.jpg

sblw85.jpg

2mxlieu.jpg

2p15j.jpg

mthuirer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sleeve is done and looks good. I need to make a decision... Do I screw the sleeve down or should i place couple bolts thru both sides.. What's your opinion?

55i5p0.jpg

4tadro.jpg

Here is what I was thinking.. screws in corners and maybe couple on top.:

of0b2c.jpg

2cyjxhk.jpg

:confused:

bkwapisz

Chief Petty Officer

Beautiful boat. There's just something captivating about an old wood boat. Looks like you're doing a great job. Keep it up!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

I like!
Now get your drill out and that polishing wheel and some jewelers rouge and make that thing shine like chrome!!!!

mthuirer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks Woodonglass

"I like! Now get your drill out and that polishing wheel and some jewelers rouge and make that thing shine like chrome!!!!"

She is going to Shine! I really like how it tied everything in on the back.. She really has some character to her.. Or maybe Im just prejudice... LOL:D:D

mthuirer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

This is what it looks like with the kicker mount on..

4q4v1d.jpg

25j9wn8.jpg

:D:D

mthuirer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

This morning I was able to find some rubber to place between the outboard motor and transom sleeve I had made.. I finished detailing the motor up and placed it back onto the boat..

2zhjgh0.jpg

j7xgdh.jpg

mtxdl4.jpg

fwq1br.jpg

csrjp.jpg

I'm leaving this weekend for the Anacortes Wa. Oyster run on the Motorcycle this weekend.. When I get back I will start on the steering cable and bench seat next week.. Getting closer...

:)

Isaacm1986

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I'm leaving this weekend for the Anacortes Wa. Oyster run on the Motorcycle this weekend.. When I get back I will start on the steering cable and bench seat next week.. Getting closer...

You will be in my neck of the woods this weekend (i live 30 min from anacortes). I won't be riding the oyster run this year, but i have years past and it is a lot of fun!

I think you should tow the boat over to my place, and it can sit over here for a couple days :D (I may or may not give it back though:D)

chrisroberts916

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Great job so far. I would like to find me an old wood boat someday and hopefully it's as nice as your find. Good Luck and Thank You not only for sharing your project but for the service you do as a Fire Fighter.
She needs a name?

mthuirer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks Chris,

I do need to come up with a name for her.. any suggestions? I will have to work on it.. I have been down on the computer for the last week or so. I will start posting again soon.. I had to crash my computer and lost all my stuff.. I think I have everything back that i wanted.. Good thing all my pics are on this site. I did loose them..

Thanks for the Fire Fighting comment. I had to laugh at myself this afternoon. I wasn't going to say anything but I will rat myself out....lol

I was working on the electrical this afternoon attempting to get my lights up and working. Well... me being the bright FIREMAN.. I made a decision to use a 14 ga wire direct from battery to fuse box to see if the lights would go on after wiring all lights.. LOL... :D:D You can only imagine what happened. I started smelling smoke and then.... that whole wire burned up quickly. I was tossed between idea of grabbing that melting wire pulling it away with bare hands or running to get wire cutters.. Looked pretty stupid doing this dance running back and forth and smoke filling up the garage.. Luckly very little damage was done.. STUPID, STUPID idea..

:p

chrisroberts916

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Fires and wood boats don't go well together. Btw I want your small fire putter outter, was that in the boat when you got it?

When you come up with a name I could hook you up with the Vinyl same with you ID#'s.

Rewiring my boat was one of my favorite parts. I added yellow accent lights under the sides, great for night fishing.

mthuirer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Chris had me thinking about boat names..

Here are a few that I've thought of.. I have ran them by the wife and she has approved these so far. But I'm still thinking.

"MORNIN WOOD" (I did see this somewhere.. Made me Laugh)

"GET HOSED" (Remember I'm in the Fire Service)

"KNOTTIE WOOD" (Maybe out there but I have not seen it anywhere)

"CAPTAIN'S LOG" ( I thought Fire Captain "CAPTAIN'S WOOD" but wife says NO! )

" FIRE BREAK "

"MALTEZE MISFIT"

(My motorcycle website is called this MALTEZEMISFITS.COM) Check it out sometime, it shows my trips.. my nickname there is "Money" how I got that im not sure. always trying to make a $ they say..

"KNOT FIREWOOD"

"WATER LOGGED"

what do you guys think? anything there.. I have couple I Really Like..

:):)

chrisroberts916

Petty Officer 3rd Class

My vote is for "Mornin Wood". It made me laugh as soon as I seen it.
Btw. my other two boat are named "Knot Needed I & II" niether one is wood though, I wish.

MrsBoatinOkie

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Maybe instead of Knottie Wood it could be "Nauti Wood"

Markstang

Cadet

I was late seeing this.

You did good not stripping it. It only needed scotchbrite and some Epiphanes Varnish. Best applied with a sponge roller and pulled out with a sponge brush (with pre wet tip as to not remove varnish on the pull)

Since you did not replace any plywood how about naming here "No-Reply"

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

How bout this...

attachment.php

Attachments

• cooltext471922144.jpg
    cooltext471922144.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 0

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

I like ..

"KNOT FIREWOOD" :)

YD.

PS. Woodonglass..are you a wrist or something ? ;)

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

A wrist?????

mthuirer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Not sure what (wrist) means myself. Great suggestions on the boat names.. My wife keeps saying "Miss Fit" for a name.. I think the name will Click when its right..:rolleyes:

Worked on the Electrical today.. I have it just about done. I would like to place some Blue LED lights under the side rails later. Something that is hidden but at evening you would be able to turn on..

2m3lehj.jpg

mw2mig.jpg

I have also been working on the steering wheel. I'm still waiting on the cable to come in. As soon as it gets here I will be able to finish up on the steering.

29pb2xl.jpg

2uh8u51.jpg