1955 Plywood Bryant PROJECT

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: Anyone Know on this one?

Lights and wheel are NICE!!!! That boat is NOT a Mis Fit!!!!

I'm just sayin...:D

mthuirer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I agree... "Miss Fit" is not it. Im leaning towards "Knot Firewood". But, that could change next week.. Today is suppose to be in Mid 60's today and still no Steering Cable that I ordered. I may have to go for a motorcycle ride today instead working on the boat. Need to get those rides in while I can. :p

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

I agree... "Miss Fit" is not it. Im leaning towards "Knot Firewood". But, that could change next week.. Today is suppose to be in Mid 60's today and still no Steering Cable that I ordered. I may have to go for a motorcycle ride today instead working on the boat. Need to get those rides in while I can. :p

Lemme see.. Ride the Motor..cy..cle.. or Work :) Hell yea Im with ya brother :) I just wanna ride on my Motor .. cy.. cle .

Go " Knot Firewood " :) .. or now you could say " Ridin' on Firewood " or " Ridin' With Firewood " hehe.. with a couple tassles runnin off the left edge of "R" and right edge of "d" .. oh man..

Let the wrist make it up ;)

YD.

PS. Wrist is a term for graphical designer :) . you know..mouse or pencils ..

mthuirer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Great day on the motorcycle yesterday.. ran north up the coast on Hwy 101 towards Forks Wa. I think I was close to 200 miles when pulling into the garage..:D:D Here is another name that was suggested. "WOODEN ESCAPE". Kinda like that one too. The name will fall in place.. I just wish my Steering cable would show up. Maybe it will come in today..

:)

mthuirer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Lemme see.. Ride the Motor..cy..cle.. or Work :) Hell yea Im with ya brother :) I just wanna ride on my Motor .. cy.. cle .

Go " Knot Firewood " :) .. or now you could say " Ridin' on Firewood " or " Ridin' With Firewood " hehe.. with a couple tassles runnin off the left edge of "R" and right edge of "d" .. oh man..

Let the wrist make it up ;)

YD.

PS. Wrist is a term for graphical designer :) . you know..mouse or pencils ..

Yacht Dr..

I like that Ridin' With Firewood. See one of these are going to stick at some point. I had a buddy say.. Lets place woody wood pecker on the back in a fire helmet and cigar. Then have it just say "WOODIE" ... Hmmmm

:cool:

mthuirer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Cable came in... Good! I know I saw a thread how to reroute the cable for the steering..

I have enough to do several boats.. 250'

IMG_2502.jpg

mthuirer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Took me a couple tries but I have it done. The first time I put it back together .... I just did not like it where the cable was rubbing on the engine mount bracket and engine wire harness. Cables where crossed.. just not right .... If you look closely you can see how it was originally, it rubbed on the wire harness. In the picture I was seeing what would happen if I placed another pulley down below the engine to see if I could do something with the cross cable..

j8ksbr.jpg

This is what I changed it up to... The wire harness is cleared now and it cleaned it up. Plus by doing this I was able to use some more thru bolts for safety.

2e1ai3b.jpg

:rolleyes:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Hey MT,

I really like your rework on your cabling. Very nice work. I also liked the Naming idea so, I messed around and came up with this. Do with it as you like.

attachment.php

I'm just Sayin...:D

Attachments

• firemanwoody.jpg
    firemanwoody.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 0

mthuirer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

hey mt,

i really like your rework on your cabling. Very nice work. I also liked the naming idea so, i messed around and came up with this. Do with it as you like.

attachment.php

i'm just sayin...:d

nice job!!!!! Just as I imagined

mthuirer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Still thinking on the name of the boat.. I am looking into not placing the actual name on the boat but have flag made.. I might just make couple different ones ..

The last few days I have been busy working.. I have not done to much to the boat.. I did go look into having the seat pads redone.. WOW.. I might just send them to you Woodonglass.. I saw your new sewing machine on your site.. $60.00 each x 10 I am having a hard time with that price soo...

I started scrubing on them and they are actually coming out really nice.. I started on them with water and simple green.. Then really started using some elbow grease and used 409 cleaner and that was the ticket. 409 cleaner has taken most of the stains out with lots and lots of scrubbing..

ketao2.jpg

1si07p.jpg

Then after 409 Cleaner

t99hy8.jpg

vzhop0.jpg

:)

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Those came out great. I wouldn't be in a real hurry to replace them especially at that price.

mthuirer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Those came out great. I wouldn't be in a real hurry to replace them especially at that price.

Thanks ezmobee..

I agree for that price I could of almost bought new..

:D

mthuirer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

While I am waiting on Varnish to dry on the plywood bench seats I have started working on the kicker motor. 1955 Evinrude Fisherman.

whk4uh.jpg

15ydf8l.jpg

2cymntc.jpg

33e0i7t.jpg

:D

mthuirer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Completed the varnish of the bench seat and secured the cushings. Getting closer... I think I am about 90% completed with the boat. I have some trim work I would like to do and then I will start working on the trailer..

2r7bktz.jpg

2nbcdnk.jpg

hx2fq9.jpg

2vcwco8.jpg

9848.jpg

2hrog8k.jpg

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

Boy oh boy, that is one purtty boat! You did a great job, I may be your way in December, it would sure be nice to see her in person!! Have to see if we can hook up.

By the way, just to add, thanks for your work as a fireman, my son is a paramedic fireman in Portland, OR, so I know what you go through.

Again, great job you did there, my dream is to one day own a wood boat..

Dave

chrisroberts916

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Seat turned out great, the whole boat looks great.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

You know.......... Leaving them pads alone and cleanin em up saved you from a good ol' fashioned behind kickin!!!!!!!!! If and When I get that Sewin Machine fired up and If I B any good at it, if you send me the measurements I would be happy to give it a go at makin some new pads if and when she needs em.

She shore nuff looks GOOD right now!!!!!

mthuirer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Boy oh boy, that is one purtty boat! You did a great job, I may be your way in December, it would sure be nice to see her in person!! Have to see if we can hook up.

By the way, just to add, thanks for your work as a fireman, my son is a paramedic fireman in Portland, OR, so I know what you go through.

Thanks Boatguy... If you are in the area, look me up.. It would be great to show off the boat and even show you around the Beach (That goes to anyone who is heading out this way!).. I am not sure if you know but we have 26 miles of Canals here in Ocean Shores..

mthuirer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

You know.......... Leaving them pads alone and cleanin em up saved you from a good ol' fashioned behind kickin!!!!!!!!! If and When I get that Sewin Machine fired up and If I B any good at it, if you send me the measurements I would be happy to give it a go at makin some new pads if and when she needs em.

She shore nuff looks GOOD right now!!!!!

LOL... :D

Woodonglass, So Em I safe for now?? .... You guys are always right about how the boat goes... I left it alone and the true charm is showing. Mom came by the house and said her brother would of been very proud of the way it is turning out.. I have to admit.. There is something about this boat... That just keeps me motivated to keep going forward.. You know what I mean?

Thanks....

:):)

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

It's just like rememberin about them old Girlfriends, They is always purty'r and more curvaceaous in our rememberin. Sometimes tho when you run into one, they have retained their beauty over the years. You have found one of those. When you do, You don't go to messin with it, you just clean it up and start back where you left off. That Girl will go to the prom today just like she did back when she was young.