1955 Plywood Bryant PROJECT

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Re: Anyone Know on this one?

Thanks Boatguy... If you are in the area, look me up.. It would be great to show off the boat and even show you around the Beach (That goes to anyone who is heading out this way!).. I am not sure if you know but we have 26 miles of Canals here in Ocean Shores..

Born and raised in the area, as well as spent my a lot of time hunting in many of those areas, so pretty familiar with where you are..I will let you know if I can give you a holler when I am back for the holidays..

Dave

chrisroberts916

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks Boatguy... If you are in the area, look me up.. It would be great to show off the boat and even show you around the Beach (That goes to anyone who is heading out this way!).. I am not sure if you know but we have 26 miles of Canals here in Ocean Shores..

I wish I was a little closer. I didn't know where Ocean Shores was so I Googled it, they say I can make it in 1 day and 17 Hours 2,520 miles. So since the chances of me towing my boat up there to see the canals is pretty slim I googled earth it and that is AWSOME, your a lucky man!

mthuirer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I wish I was a little closer. I didn't know where Ocean Shores was so I Googled it, they say I can make it in 1 day and 17 Hours 2,520 miles. So since the chances of me towing my boat up there to see the canals is pretty slim I googled earth it and that is AWSOME, your a lucky man!

I am lucky... I have Ocean Fishing, Some of the best River Fishing and a Lake with bass and trout fish.. I love this area... I Get tired of the fog at times but when its nice out... It cant get any better!!.. Just Great!:D:D

RobbyA

Petty Officer 1st Class

Now time to put her in a museum! Too pretty to put on the water...

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Hey MT

Just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed your project and hope you and yours had a Happy Thanksgiving!!

I'm Just Sayin...:D

60Clipper

Seaman

MT,
Sorry I didn't post again til now, been tied up with mine. Your boat came out Awesome! Great job. Can't wait to see the trailer. I have to do mine also. Again, great job now let's see some water pics, when it's warm enough of course.:D

Bob

mthuirer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

sorry that I have slowed down on the updates... ran low on $$$$$.. need to get thru the Holidays as everyone knows. Cheers to everyone and enjoy watching your projects. Hopefully after the first of the year I will get back on track..

MThuirer

mthuirer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have not had much $ lately to finish up on my boat restoration. But with the sunshine coming out and very little wind on Duck Lake, I had to take the boat out for couple hours..

2wdy99h.jpg

2i6pe11.jpg

ibb2tx.jpg

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Now THAT's what I'm talkin bout!!!!!! Good to see you back on the forum!!!!!! Boat looks GREAT on the water. What you got planned for her. Check out my thread. Got that sewing machine fired up and my fishing seats done. Next up is building and upholstering some bench seats. I sanded and filled on the hull for a couple of hours today. Man, I forgot how much I HATE sanding.

mthuirer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Wood,

Boat ran great that day on the water.. she picks up and goes.. Motor sucks down some fuel though.. I was able to run around the lake and canals for about 2 hrs before fuel tank was getting low. (small tank) Next, when time allows and funding.. I want to get the trailer restored with new rollers.. Maybe in the next month or two.. Wife is still wanting the hand rail done on the front of the house.. I have been messing around with some purple heart wood.. THAT STUFF IS TOUGH.. (Iron Wood)..

mthuirer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have been busy on some other projects around the house. Hand rail still in the process but I did finish what was important to me. I sheet rocked and insulated the garage.. just too cold out there during winter months. Wife not to happy thou.. lol. anyways I posted on Evinrude Thread, but maybe someone here will see it here... I need help on this one. I have an Evinrude Outboard that I did rebuild the carb last year. Everything I have read says that I use 24:1 ratio on mix. I took the boat out couple days ago out for the first time. I was out for approx. 3 hrs running at slow speed. Motor ran all right.. sputtered a little but never died. when I put the boat away the next day I noticed this on the floor. Now I know I have a small leak in lower unit.. But what I am wondering about is all the sludge. Is this normal or is this abnormal. I am thinking its running rich.. but like I said earlier it ran o.k for 3 hours. what should I be looking for?

2vt9swl.jpg

34dki6d.jpg

2yyb0gy.jpg

fa25wn.jpg

2w5n0gg.jpg

34hti7p.jpg

bonz_d

Vice Admiral

Exceptional work. I love it!

Looks like unburnt fuel from the exhaust. Are you sure it's running on both cylinders? Also a decarb might help.

mthuirer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Bonz_d

I'm pretty sure it is running on both cylinders, wouldnt it run rough? Someone mentioned to increase the heat on the plugs and use Champion plugs with synthetic oil next time other then that... they said normally she is a dirty girl. I will try couple things and see what happens next time. She has been sitting for a long time.. She ran for about 3 hrs that day. first time in 30 years.. I thought she did pretty well for her age.. lol

bonz_d

Vice Admiral

Could be that at the last use some one fogged it begore they put it away and that was all washing off now. Is it draining out of the lower exhaust too?

Cheapest and best why to check spark is with a spark tester. They can be had at any auto parts store. Or the old way of pulling each plug wire one at a time while it's running. Just be carefull you don't get zapped! Some seem to run fine on one cylinder, just lacks power.

Do a search hear for decarb. It might be something you will want to do. Could also change the plugs then run the BEE'S out of it then check the plugs again to see what they look like.

mthuirer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I took your advise and changed the spark plugs to hotter plugs. I will see if that works later, I have started working on finishing this project. I finished placing the back seats in the boat.. I will get pictures of that later.. Right now I am working on the trailer.. The trailer has some surface rust and I wanted to clean it up and get it painted. I plan on keeping the original stickers on it by covering them up with tape. First thing was to get the boat off the trailer.. I was attempting to lift the boat by myself with jacks.. NOT A GOOD IDEA.. It was starting to lean so I had to change my tactics. I did manage to get the boat off.

2vaf2mv.jpg

2dhzgy8.jpg

:D

mthuirer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have all the parts disconnected.. Now start sanding

23w9vnp.jpg

idhms1.jpg

25gavq0.jpg

547wid.jpg

:confused:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

When you're ready to paint it, I highly recommend this forumula.

Rustoleum Oil Based Primer

Rustoleum Professional Oil Based Paint 1 qt
Acetone 1/2 Cup If you are bushing or rolling 2 cups if you are spraying.
2 oz Tractor Supply Valspar Acrylic Enamel Hardener. Comes in an 8oz can. 15 Bucks.
Mix ONLY what you will use in an 8 hour period. Mix off and on for 30 mins befor applying. You can put on two coats in that amount of time cuz it WILL dry in 4 hours using the Hardener. If you want to TINT the paint use White and then go to Hobby Lobby or Michaels or any art supply store and get the Artists Acrylic Artists paints in the tubes in the color of your choice and thin it with the acetone and then mix with the White Rustoleum. It will look Fantastic. Paint will be HARD AS NAILS!

Good to see you back at it. Can't wait to see the Pics!! Just about got My Flamingo's topside in Primer. Hope to have COLOR coat on her this Weekend.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Well trailer refurbishing is certainly miserable work but it will be worth it in the end to have a cool original trailer under that boat.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Can you send me a HIGH RESOLUTION Straight on Pic of that EZ Loader decal?? If so PM me.

wa_ssv197

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nice to see an old Woody on Duck Lake!
We have a lot down on the Bell Canal section, mainly use it for clam season.