Why do women walk so slow...

spratt

Lieutenant
Re: Why do women walk so slow...

No prob...and yeah, go ahead and give me yer plan...it would be a pleasure to grade ya...I have taught lady PC users before:) Tweren't the greatest fun, but somebody had to do it...

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

heeeeyyy, you watch out now. I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but i aints the dullest! ;)

spratt

Lieutenant

Ever hear "She/he ain't the brightest crayon in the box" ??

ZooMbr

Petty Officer 1st Class

spratt<br /><br />Had you pegged as a tech; I started with computer when the IBM 360 hit the market with 4k core memory, no disk, no console and op sys was cps. Wrote a lot of drivers for nonstandard devices back then -- very familiar with IRQ's. My comment was to affirm your background -- knew you couldn't resist a response. Besides, figured that's where your thick skin comes from; can't survive in that field with tender feelings!<br /><br />+ enjoy your posts.

spratt

Lieutenant

Thanks, Zoo!!! Yep, I became intrigued with the things when a friend owned a Commodore repair store!! My first was a Tandy with a tape recorder attached...went through some commodores, to a XT, tehn a AT 286, then on up from there. Ben IBM, Compaq, HP certified a long time, never been a Mainframe guy, but big time into LAN/WAN/MAN, etc...been IT/IS Manager, Lead, and low man on the pole...

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

sorry spratt, i didn't mean to let the cat outta the bag.... :(

ZooMbr

Petty Officer 1st Class

Don't want to grab this thread; have to contact you some time. Worked on PC when they only had a light on front to tell you they were running and a teletype to commutate and print! Just summary; been allover the PC/mainframe systems and did some of the first PC mainframe hookup done. Been up the latter in mgt; but always like it closer to the keys. <br /><br />Also lived on Bainbridge Is. for a year while on a project in Seattle -- does the Blackball still run to Vancouver BC? Loved that trip.<br /><br />Well out the door -- have some trout to catch; leaving this in your Mrs. SW and ladyfish's hands.

ehenry

Commander

I believe a woman with 3 foot of leg/6 foot total...wouldn't walk anywhere....She'd be struttin where ever she went ! ! !

ZooMbr

Petty Officer 1st Class

Forgot to add everything I know about wemon is what my wife tells me: and she tells me: I can be right or I can be happy -- I'm a happy man!

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by Mrs Soulwinner:<br /> sorry spratt, i didn't mean to let the cat outta the bag.... :(
That's ok, I don't mind...one of the things about a real computer professional is their attitude...it seems that all the successful folks I know are happy making others happy...and second is to be able to beat those @#$%^ PC's and make them do what we want them to do!!!! Ain't lost yet:)

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by efhenry:<br /> I believe a woman with 3 foot of leg/6 foot total...wouldn't walk anywhere....She'd be struttin where ever she went ! ! !
And you'd be watching too! :D

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by ZooMbr:<br /> Forgot to add everything I know about wemon is what my wife tells me: and she tells me: I can be right or I can be happy -- I'm a happy man!
Hey Zoo... if mama ain't happy....ain't nobody happy!<br /> :D

ZooMbr

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by KaGee:<br />
Originally posted by ZooMbr:<br /> Forgot to add everything I know about wemon is what my wife tells me: and she tells me: I can be right or I can be happy -- I'm a happy man!
Hey Zoo... if mama ain't happy....ain't nobody happy!<br /> :D
Ah; another one quick to learn :D :D

spratt

Lieutenant

Man died and went to heaven...there were two lines for the menfolk, one labelled "HENPECKED" and on labelled "NOT HENPECKED"...after a while, he noticed there was only ONE guy standing int he "NOT HP" line...and sure over teh loudspeaker came a voice "Why, sir, are you standing in that line?" His reply was<br /><br />*<br /><br />*<br /><br />*<br /><br />*<br /><br />*<br /><br />*<br /><br />*<br /><br />*<br /><br />*This is where my wife told me to stand!!!!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br />
Originally posted by efhenry:<br /> I tell em, I don't walk fast, I'm just a woman with a purpose. :)
I like it. :D LF, I think you may have hit on the essence of the matter.

NYMINUTE

Captain

How about the wide ones that just stop?? Usually move side by side= 9'6" beam. Wish I had a Hummer when I get behind them.

sangerwaker

Commander

Hey NYM,<br />I noticed you capitalized the H in hummer! :D

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

How about the wide ones that just stop??
I WAS going to go on about them too, but decided that the original post would probably generate enough hate mail as it was.... :eek: <br /><br />Mark.