Why do women walk so slow...

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Why do women walk so slow...

At work you are usually on the clock, therefore put in your 8 and go home. If you are a slow walker you have to do less work. Women know this.<br />Men are more dedicated to their jobs, dedicated to get the job done right the first time. They have to walk faster to get their own work done plus the slow womans work.

LadyFish

Admiral

Originally posted by deputydawg:<br /> At work you are usually on the clock, therefore put in your 8 and go home. If you are a slow walker you have to do less work. Women know this.<br />Men are more dedicated to their jobs, dedicated to get the job done right the first time. They have to walk faster to get their own work done plus the slow womans work.
OMG
12.gif
<br /><br />You opened this jar of worms.....now lets fish with em. However, I suggest you pack a lunch deputy.<br /><br />Feel free to start explaining that very general statement.<br /><br />I'll be sure to keep my notepad handy, I wouldn't want to miss anything important.
16.gif

ehenry

Commander

DDawg, you done done it now. You done riled Ms LadyFish.

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey DD....I'm with LF on this one. I'll sit and listen quite intently for you to explain that one.<br /><br />In my earlier posts i stated that I was a slow walker.....I probably get more done in a day than the average fast walking man. I am a working woman..I run my own business...I am a minister...I am a mother...and I am a wife...for goodness' sake I am a homemaker! It is actually harder to be a homemaker than to have a full time job that requires you to work 70 hrs a week. How do I know? been there done that. <br /><br />So please continue on....I'll listening! ;)

Link

Rear Admiral

deputydawg<br />You will be remembered :eek: <br /><br />Boomyal<br />
I mean, come on. Just open the door and step out, already!!
That could be a thread all on its own!<br />It drives me nuts! Until I read this thread I thought it was just Mrs.Link and some of her family! I Feeels better now :D

LadyFish

Admiral

I'm waiting deputydawg.....
12.gif
<br /><br />P.S. I love your signature quote. :p

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Sorry for delay, I tried to reply last night, but the computers at work run so slow. I spent hours and still couldn't get it to work.<br />I think I stepped in something here, now I am bowing humbly in an attempt to gain fogiveness from all the hard working women here!<br />I should have been more specific, I really meant at my office. The women working in the office know they go home as soon as their shift ends and the next begins. They do everything in super slow motion. Then at the end of the shift things are piled up, so the next shift has to do it. All of our office help are women, and all but one of them does this. The fastest one we have working there is good, but she gets so mad at the otehrs for piling work up that she refuses to do any more than her share.<br />In the end at least once a week I am forced to go into the office and catch up their work for them. Their excuse is They were just too busy!<br />That is my excuse and I am sticking to it!<br /> :rolleyes:

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

originally posted by DD
The women working in the office know they go home as soon as their shift ends and the next begins. They do everything in super slow motion. Then at the end of the shift things are piled up, so the next shift has to do it. All of our office help are women, and all but one of them does this.
okay DD, I forgive you. They should be glad they don't work for me because my answer to that is....."You are no longer needed at this office, please make sure you take all your personal items when you leave. Thanks."<br /><br />I may be slow, but with as much as I have to do.....I do it right the first time so I do have to spend the time to do it over. No need to look at something twice. ;)

LadyFish

Admiral

I think I stepped in something here, now I am bowing humbly in an attempt to gain fogiveness from all the hard working women here!
GOOD ANSWER ! :p <br /><br />Alright deputy, I'll let you off the hook on this one. :D

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

You always see signs that say Men Working.....because the woman has done it right the first time.<br />As my Communications supervisor I would like to dismiss half of our staff, but when we have openings we are lucky to get 1 applicant. Because of our situation we need to hire women, and starting shift is always nights. The pay stinks too!<br />All joking aside, I have nothing but respect for MOST women. My mother has worked in a factory as long as I can remember. I would never cut down on the housewife or stay at home moms eiter. Before I got married my sister and my neice lived with me. We worked different shifts, so I spent a lot of time taking care of her. Now I am pretty much a stay at home dad. Here is a sample of my weekly schedule.<br />Our shift rotation starts on Saturday.<br />Saturday I go to work at 6P.M., and usually get home between 4 and 5A.M. <br />Sunday I get to work around 11:30, and work 2 or 3 hours. Sunday night I go to work at around 6P.M. and work until 2:30 A.M.<br />Monday morning get up with kids ages 1, 3, 4. Up by 6:30A.M. Wife is student teaching so she leaves at 7. Wife gets home at 4:30, at that time I have supper started. We eat, I get kids bath while wife takes her "alone time". I get ready for work, get kids teeth brushed and younger 2 off to bed. Then I go to work around 7P.M. Work until around 3A.M.<br />Tuesday, get up around 6:30 again, wife leaves at 7. Get kids up and fed, walk oldest to pre-school. Go home, do dishes laundry whatever. Go pick up daughter, start lunch. Afternoon play outside, work in shop, whatever kids want. Wife gets home around 4:30. one or both of us will get supper, get kids bath, the usual. I baby son off to bed, tuck in middle daughter, go to work around 7 again. Get home around 3 again.<br />Wednesday, up by 6:00, wife leaves early Wednesdays. Kids up between then and 7:30. Get kids fed, do dishes, watch cartoons, then go outside if weather permits. Supper, bath, bed, then off to work. Wife usually takes personal alone time in there. Work at around 7 again, home around 3 again. Thursday up at 6:30, kids fed, oldest off to Pre-School, lunch, play, supper, bath, bed then off to work I go, usually 7 to 3 again. friday up early again, only difference wife gets home by 3:30 so I get my own alone time for a little bit. Friday nights I am off to work b y 6, usually home around 5A.M. Saturday morning up and off to work by 9A.M., work until 6P.M. thn Sunday off.<br />The only changes in this schedule is every 3 weeks I am off over the weekend, every 3rd weekend I work the night/day/night shift, and every 3rd saturday I work a day shift.<br />The first saturday each month I teach a driving class for the Nebraska Safety Council.<br />This is one reason I will never put down a person for being a stay at home mom. Some days like last night I get a bad attitude when wife said that I don't do my share, she had to do laundry over the weekend and had no time to rest!<br />Will all be worth it though in the end.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Here it is guys: women walk slowly because they can!<br /><br />Whatever it is we brought with us, I'm carrying it, so I want to walk faster because I want to put it down sooner rather than later. I'm also rushing ahead to open the doors.<br /><br />Ever hear your wife say, usually to someone on the phone, "Sure we can bring the... [fill in the blank - examples: lawn chairs, picnic table, refrigerator] ...it's no trouble at all"?<br /><br />And she means it, too, it's no trouble - for her! All she has to do is say, "honey, will you get the [whatever]" and mosey on out to the car.<br /><br />But I ain't complaining, only thinking out loud.<br /><br /> :D :D :D :D

oddjob

Commander

I thought women walked slower so as to keep at least 10 paces behind their man...when walking in public. :rolleyes:

mattttt25

Commander

i thought it was because their feet were shorter than mens.<br /><br />why are their feet shorter? so they can stand closer to the stove, of course.<br /><br /><< ducking right now ;) >>

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Oh no, you two have done it now. I see the shoes flying soon!<br />BTW Oddjob, it is supposed to be 3 paces behind their man, and slightly to the left.<br />Or so I hear.

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by mattttt25:<br /> i thought it was because their feet were shorter than mens.<br /><br />why are their feet shorter? so they can stand closer to the stove, of course.<br /><br /><< ducking right now ;) >>
It ain't their feet keeping them away from the stove :eek: :) :D :D

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> Watchit..........
2.gif
LadyFish, I must admit, I love your posts about as much as any here!!! Hilarious and make me ROFLOL!!!!

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

wow ..<br /><br />.. seeing mens back bones turn to mush right infront of my eyes .. <br /><br /><br /><< as I go back to my hole in the ground to wait this virus out.>>

LadyFish

Admiral

Why thank you spratt,
18.gif
<br /><br />I been known to crack my own self up from time to time.

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

DD, I highly respect what you are doing. Trust me when I tell you that it will pay off in the end. Your children will be so much better because you are doing now what you are doing.<br />And mine's one pace to the left.. :D <br /><br /><br />originally posted by jtexas:<br />
Here it is guys: women walk slowly because they can!
I will have to agree with that one also. sometimes I do because I know I can ;) :D :D <br /><br /><br />originally posted by spratt:<br />
It ain't their feet keeping them away from the stove
sssoooooo....tell me spratt, what is it that's keepin' them away from the stove?