What's your favorite quotation?

Bondo

Staff member
Re: What's your favorite quotation?

SBN,<br />That's One Powerful Picture........<br /><br />I pray the Liberals will remember, Before November..............

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Hey Roscoe I think you know my Dad. That sounds exactly like him. Not so much now, but when I was growing up. Oh yeah! Definitely!<br />Bassy

18rabbit

Captain

Bassy – that quote in your sig reminds me of something a radio personality, Brian Wilson, used to say “we’re just sliding down the razorblade of life.” I forgot where he got it from…Walter Williams???

18rabbit

Captain

I just went to Brian Wilson’s web pages to see what he’s up to. From there, here’s a quote for ya’ :) <br /><br />Random profound quote of the moment:<br /><br />"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes."

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hope is the companion of power and the mother of success, For those of us who hope strongest have within us the gift of miracles. --Sydney Bremer <br />________________________________________________<br />In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -- Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968) <br />________________________________________________<br />Instead of a trap door, what about a trap window? The guy looks out it, and if he leans too far, he falls out. Wait. I guess that's like a regular window. --Jack Handy

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

I think these are good:<br /><br />We are all here for a spell; get all the good laughs you can. <br />Will Rogers (1879-1935) <br /><br />We are not abandoning our convictions, our philosophy or traditions, nor do we urge anyone to abandon theirs. <br />Mikhail Gorbachev <br /><br />We boil at different degrees. <br />Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882) <br /><br />We are not retreating - we are advancing in another Direction. <br />Douglas MacArthur, General (1880-1964)

Bigfun

Petty Officer 1st Class

A man has to know his limitations.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

guageguy-<br /> That one will definitely go down in history. Too funny! :D <br />Bassy

Carphunter

Commander

Thanks guageguy, I done forgot my own saying. :p <br /><br />"This house is protected by my two friends, Smith & Wesson".<br /><br />.......whoops, I think that was a bumper sticker or something.<br /><br />"If at first you don't succeed, go Huntin".

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

" Walk a mile in the other man's shoes. Then you will be a mile away and have his shoes, too."

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

:D "You can't be first, but you can be next." :D <br /><br /> ...Bob in Calif...

18rabbit

Captain

From a bumper sticker in The People’s Republic of Berkeley:<br /><br />So many idiots – So few comets.

BTC

Recruit

I don't like clowns. I think they are creepy. It may have something to do with the fact that when I was a child my parents took me to the circus and a clown killed my dad.-Jack Handy

BassMan283

Petty Officer 1st Class

"...fear itself..." --FDR, 1st inaugural address<br /><br /> FDR quote <br /><br />My favorite:<br /><br />"Just because you have the right to an opinion doesn't mean that it's not stupid."

Dunaruna

Admiral

Rolls Royces' do not break down, they do sometimes cease to proceed.<br /><br />Rolls royce executive at recent model launch.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Dunaruna, that reminds me of a statement made to Jaguar owner, by the Jaguar dealer I worked next door to back in 1975. The car would leak every time it rained and the customer was getting upset. The dealer told him that "Gentlemen do not drive their Jaguars in the rain." <br /><br />The customer got back in his car and promptly drove next door to the Porsche dealer that I worked for and traded the Jag in on a new 911.

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Hah! The Rolls & Jaguar stories remind me of my old MG midget. It reminds me of an old joke we British car owners used to tell...<br /><br /> Q: Why do the British drink warm beer? <br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br /> A: Because all of their refrigerators are made by Lucas Electronics <br /><br /> :D