What's your favorite quotation?

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
Re: What's your favorite quotation?

answered back in March when this began...but,<br />funny u ask... on my marathon drive to pick up<br />MY new/old boat, I twice drove by a sign that <br />that stuck with me enough to change my sig. after<br />2 years....<br />"live to learn and you'll learn to live"

ehenry

Commander

"Boy, that man has stared down chargin grizzly bears and fought ragin Camache Indians. Them wrinkles round his eyes are all hard earned. Hes seen a thousand struttin peacocks just like you too. Boy, I'm tellin ya.....Killin don't set well with a man's supper."......Sam Elliot in The Sacketts.

LadyFish

Admiral

"For when at times I'm forced to choose<br />the one job or the other,<br />I want to be a good at other things<br />But first I'll be a good Mother!"<br /><br />"Character is doing the right thing when nobody is looking"- J.C.Watts<br /><br />and<br /><br />"To have joy one must share it. Happiness was born a twin." ~ Lord Byron

Bondo

Staff member

If you're not a Liberal at 20,<br />You've got No Heart............<br />If you're not a Conservitive at 40,<br />You've got No Brains..............
Sam Clemens, I believe..........

bobingardner

Petty Officer 3rd Class

St Paul's definition of love. Where was he when I needed him?<br /><br />Love is patient, love is kind.<br />It is not jealous, it is not pompous,<br />It is not inflated, it is not rude,<br />it does not seek its own interests,<br />it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury,<br />it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth.

Major Woods

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thousands on a boat.<br />Hundreds on equipment.<br />Time away friom the wife.......Priceless!

LadyFish

Admiral

"You gotta COWBOY UP,dust yer self off,get back in the saddle and give it one more try. Sweat and blood, it takes all you've got cause the road to heaven is a helluva ride."-Chris LeDoux

butch290

Seaman

WE buy what we don't need,with money we don't have, to impress people we don't love.

streadway

Seaman

catfish hunter said it.<br />if you want to hear somebody laugh tell god your life plans.

fireship1

Chief Petty Officer

"when you always do everything right everyone else will see it as if you have done nothing at all" Don't know who's quote it is, I know I heard it somewhere and liked it.

fireship1

Chief Petty Officer

Let's not forget the two most powerful words that were spoken by Todd Beamer on the most dreadful day in our history. 9-11 Todd took a stand as a true patriot and saved the last terrorist target from being destroyed. He only had a few minutes of time and was able to inspire others to fight for our country, even though they knew that they were about to die. And he did it all with just two words "Let's roll"

Dunaruna

Admiral

" I plan to live forever, so far so good" Unknown

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Here is something I stumbled across and it made an impression,<br /><br /> "If you continue to think the way you always thought you will continue to get what you have always got. If you want to change what you are getting, change what you are thinking."

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer

dHere's another one that I like to remind myself of from time to time.<br /><br /><br />"IF IT IS TO BE, IT IS UP TO ME!"

Raghauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin<br /><br />"I'd play through... I don't think the heavy stuff is coming down for a while..." Carl the greens keeper in "Caddyshack"

tylerin

Commander

Its better to burp and taste it, then to fart and waste it :D

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

sometimes it is better to remain silent and appear<br />an idiot, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt...<br />confucious?<br /><br />you can only achieve what your mind can conceive.<br />no clue :p

KennyKenCan

Commander

My dad use to tell me this everytime I screwed up...<br /><br />"I should have shot it in the sink that night!"

LadyFish

Admiral

Your mind is a garden,<br />your thoughts are the seeds,<br />the harvest can be either flowers or weeds.

tylerin

Commander

the harvest can be either flowers or weeds
So thats why my father said I had Potato's growing out of my ears. I'm confused now. Hey democrats is there an E on potato :confused: