What state do you live in.

Walter

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: What state do you live in.

I normally live in a state or confusion...<br />but am proud to be one of the few remaining native Oregonians. Home of the Ducks and Beavers... We supposedly have a pro basketball team in my state too...but usually that's nothing to boast about.<br /><br />As far as fishing goes...The mighty Columbia holds nearly every specie that resides in state waters. Sturgeon, salmon, steelhead, trout, walleye, bass, shad, etc...<br /><br />We're even beginning to love Californians...<br /><br />Walt

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

I notice a fair percentage of easterners...I live in Sandpoint,Idaho, on the largest lake in the area. Its up about 40 miles south of the Canadian border. 44 miles long, 1200 feet deep, plenty of room for everyone. Not to mention a launch ramp two minutes from my house. It would be perfect if it wasn't for that cursed winter thing that happens once a year. I lived in Ft. Stewart, Georgia, so I am quite familiar with the scene down there. Being a California native, I am also familiar with that scene as well...

mako

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Rhode Island, A nice place for fresh and saltwater boating and fishing! Gonna get out this weekend and get me some nice Linesiders!

Chum Slick

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I live on the Maryland side of the Potomac River. I fish the Potomac for Bass, Stripers, Channel Cats, Croaker, Flounder, Bluefish, and Trout. I venture to the Chesapeake Bay for more of the same and occasionally go out of Chincoteague out to the canyons for Tuna and Shark. Traveling around in the Marine Corps for 21 years gave me the opportunity to fish numerous places across the country and fish for some strange fishes in other countries. My favorite spot is anywhere I can get on the water with a couple fishing buds and back without getting too wet. Lately I haven't been catching anything but a headache rebuilding one of my 115 Johnsons.<br /><br />Keep the bait in the Slick....

mtp

Cadet

SOUTH East Georgia, hook and line - Sea Trout, Spot tailed bass, Shrimp (cast net).<br />Some of our mosquitos are bigger than the fish (just kidding)! ;)

anne

Cadet

Northern Alabama. We boat on the Elk River in Alabama, Tennessee River, occasionally side trip to Tims Ford Lake and Center Hill Lake in Tennessee.<br />I live on a bluff lot overlooking the Elk River and have a small dock that I keep my boat in -- it is what I've always dreamed of (but couldn't do on Center Hill Lake).<br />Now if that darn work stuff didn't get in the way, life would just be ideal... ;) <br /><br />As for fishing, I'm with fone_man -- my favorite fishing is out of a cooler on the boat. ;) <br />But a lot of folks love to fish in this area -- they have a lot of bass tournaments, and crappie fishing is supposed to be good in the spring. Catfish, too, but I wouldn't recommend eating them if caught around this area!!! :eek: <br />-anne :)

byordy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

We're from the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Karen and I are building a new home in Diamond Head, MS. Our new home is about two minutes from the lauch ramp and adjoins taxiway "c" on the Diamond Head airport. We'll keep the boat and the airplane in our hangar on the rear of our property and both will be ready on a moment's notice.<br />I can hardly wait!!!!!<br />Bill..........

philtheskipper

Petty Officer 1st Class

Lorain, Ohio. 30 minutes west of Cleveland. Walleye, small mouth, and perch is what I fish for out of Lake Erie.

yensid

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Twin Cities area of Minnesota. I'll fish for anything that will do the kindness of biting. Usually fish for bass, northern, walleye, then give up and catch sunnies.

hodgejr

Seaman Apprentice

heyall, calling from Fort Lauderdale, FL ! <br /><br />Get to boat around in hundreds of miles of man-made canals! :p But I love Florida, man! Thousands of places to tow my lil' boat, bays, lakes, etc. <br /><br />cheers

billengelman

Cadet

southeast wisconsin-fish for bass and northern-catch bluegill and crappie<br />go to the the northwoods for walleye, muskie, bass and northern

DP

Petty Officer 1st Class

Seattle, Washington. I'm not a fishing addict but when I break out the rod it's usually for smallmouth bass.

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Southwest Idaho...Snake and Salmon Rivers mostly. Not much water this year so I run aground way too much. As long as there is a trickle of water I will be snaggin rocks, and sometimes a fish or two... :D

rocks beware

Seaman

Maine - The Way Life Should Be. Proud to be a Mainer; prouder to be an American. God Bless Us All.

MercilessMike

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Saint Petersburg FLORIDA!<br /><br />Stalking the flats for Snook and Redfish !

Chip

Cadet

Far East (Massachusetts) Stripers, Fluke and Blues

Barry&Lori

Seaman

hey were are in the nice quite town of Abbotsford B.C Canada.. 10min away from the best Salmon fishing around... East of the mission bridge on the Fraser River. :eek: :D :eek:

baton rouge louisiana. great fishing areas within 100 mile radius. since i'm not good at fishing, i often just go out in my 11' boston whaler into the swamp or marsh and watch the beauty go by.

dmessy

Chief Petty Officer

Austin Texas.. George and I go fishing all the time :D

saltwateranglin

Seaman Apprentice

Conestoga, PA...right beside the Safe Harbor Dam on the Susquehanna. Got all this nice freshwater fishing beside me but still drive 120 to 160 miles every other weekend to fish!