• STREAM

Votes: 24 2.4%
  • OTHER

Votes: 49 4.8%

• Total voters

Paul DuLaney

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: What body of water do you boat in?

Indian lake and CJ Brown here in Ohio, but love Norris Lake in Tennessee which is were I'm headed in a couple of weeks to fish with some friends.

nycat

Cadet

I live in NY, brooklyn and once you get out of Jamaica Bay, past Breezy Point you're out into open ocean. If you keep going you'll hit Europe...lol

cmclark

Cadet

I am from Del Rio, TX. We have a nice lake here. Lake Amistad. We recenly have had quite a few pro tournaments coming through, including Bass Masters.

The weather is great 9-10 months out of the year. With 60,000 acres and low population there is usually no overcrowding.

http://www.nps.gov/amis/

cmhsue

Recruit

Patuxent River, and Chesapeake Bay. Once in a while up to Indian River Inlet in Delaware

Deltarat

Seaman Apprentice

Calif Delta waterways; Klamath River N. Calif; S. Calif lakes

jcsercsa

Captain

Saginaw Bay and the Holloway Res, done a lot of fishing on the bay thumb side !! Halloway is 10 mins from here , great for getting out of work and getting the kids and going for a few hours !!! John

Expidia

Commander

I live in NY, brooklyn and once you get out of Jamaica Bay, past Breezy Point you're out into open ocean. If you keep going you'll hit Europe...lol

Forum courtesy would dictate you post a larger pic of your avatar, so we can get a clearer view of "those two prize fishes" :D

phwrd

Petty Officer 1st Class

In Tampa Bay and out into the Gulf. Looking to meet others in the area.

akmoosehauler

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Kuskokwim river and it trbuteries. Also lots of lakes and having fun jumping beaver dams. We go up to where we grind the aluminum props down to nothing camping and moose hunting.

codertimt

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I don't think I saw any Arkansas posts in here yet. I grew up going to Lake Oauchita, but now am closer to Greers Ferry and will be spending most of my time there. Both are in the range of 40000 acres.

I also plan on spending some afternoons at the very small lake about 5 miles down the road from me...Beaverfork Lake. About 1000 acres and city owned.

bugeyestp

Cadet

I am from the Tampa Bay area, I will put in anywhere from Lake City to Key West, FL, fishing cruising and water sports on THE HAPPY HOOKER!!!:D

seaman campbell

Chief Petty Officer

We normally boat in Jordan Lake or the Cape Fear River.:cool:

KeyWestBoater

Petty Officer 1st Class

I boat in the St Johns river in south Jacksonville and in Sisters Creek by Mayport, close to the ocean.

INJUN

Petty Officer 1st Class

Born and raised on the Chesapeake Bay, now, Fishers Island - Long Island Sounds.

KnotKnormal

Cadet

Lake Winnipesaukee in central New Hampshire. 6th largest inland lake in the country, 72 square miles, 7 waterfront towns to visit, shoals on 275 islands to fish.

Check it out...... www.lake.cc

BigSteve1967

Seaman Apprentice

Why then is there a dam on the south end.

The dam was put there by the Army Corps of engineers in the 50's to connect the lower and upper parts of the lake even without the dam it would still be the biggest lake...and only because Greenwood Lake goes up into New York

As for my lakes my favorites are where we will be moving in Arkansas and thos are Bull Schoals and Lake Norfork as for here in NJ while im stuck here it would be Hopatcong and Greenwood Lakes...if you happen to be on one of them and see the "Southern Belle" gimme a shout and say Hi!

SimpleM

Cadet

Smith Mountain Lake Va. I guess it is a small lake by the criteria set forth (20,000 ac. = small?). Others are Badin in NC (3,500-5,600ac. depending on who you believe), and Belews (3,200) also in NC. All of these lakes are gorgeous and really a wonderful place on weekdays and crowded as rush hour on the weekends.