• STREAM

Votes: 24 2.4%
  • OTHER

Votes: 49 4.8%

• Total voters

electricjohn

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: What body of water do you boat in?

I chose bay, ocean and small lake. Grew up on the Raritan bay (NJ), but would not hesitate to ski and ride up and down the Jersey coast. Also would do an occasional trip around Manhattan. Hells Gate can get scary in a 14 ft boat. Been up the Hudson River a few times, as far a Kingston, NY. Would also go over to Coney Island on 4th of July for the Air Force's air show. This all in my 38 year old 14 ft. Winner. My 21 ft. skiboat only see's lakes.

lorenbennett

Cadet

Big, small, river and other. Lake's Mohave, havasu, mead, Powell, Colorado river, and occasionally California coastal to the Islands.:)

tomh59

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Atlantic ocean. The waters from Cape Ann Ma.to
Kittery,Me. Also the Merrimack River,feroscious on an outgoing tide

quenston

Cadet

I have a couple of rivers that i fish in Spring River and Neosho River that eventually turn into Grand Lake here in Oklahoma but i do fish many smaller lakes also just depends what mood i am in lol.

scrat

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Like EricR, I also do the Savannah thing. Up til now been pretty much inshore in the bays. Plan on moving to nearshore (3-5 miles out) this next summer to go afgter the spanish and Kings.

BoatMyAssOff

Seaman Apprentice

Lake San Vicente, just east of San Diego, but it's closing next year for a long time :( El Capitan is now the only option, and it's small even smaller.

Picture taken from 3500ft on my way back to the airport.

Attachments

• Lake_San_Vicente.jpg
    Lake_San_Vicente.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 0

aspeck

Staff member

I said small lake cause Great lakes was mentioned after bigguns, and my Raystown is only 30 miles long, 1 mile wide, and 190 feet deep - kinda small compared to the Greats! Also do the skinny water on the Raystown Branch of the Juniata River and will take that to the Juniata River and on occasion down to the Susquehanna River.

Shifflett115

Petty Officer 2nd Class

chesapeake bay,magothy river ,and severn river and love every minute of it .19ft bayliner cc 125 force

beerrun

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Lake Winnipesaukee and the Hudson River. I've been up and down the Intracoastal around Ft. Lauderdale and Pompano Beach, and out on Lake George but not enough to count it.

sc_shane

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I live in upstate SC. We generally boat in Lake Keowee (18,500 acres of water and a 300-mile shoreline), but have quick access (about 20 minutes) to both Lake Jocasse (7,500-acre, 300-foot deep) and Lake Hartwell (56,000 acres of water and a 962 mile shoreline). I attached a picture of a nice sunrise from a friends lakehouse! We absolutely love it!

Attachments

• KeoweeLakeHouseSunrise.jpg
    KeoweeLakeHouseSunrise.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 0

onenomad

Seaman

I live on the central Oregon coast, about 5 minutes from a ramp on Yaquina Bay. Depending on weather and water conditions, it is about 15 to 30 minute run to the Pacific. I have cruised from Bull Harbor, Vanc. Is., B.C. to Manzanillo, Mexico, with a few stops along the way.
Gerry

magster65

Commander

The Pacific Ocean. Haro straight and Georgia mainly in amongst the Gulf Islands... right next to the San Juan Islands... truly a great place to live and boat!

PRLATINCPL

Recruit

We boat out of Port Jefferson in the Long Island North Shore.

Just upgraded to a Rinker 270 Fiesta Vee and can not wait for boating season.

Stay safe everyone!

Gil & Ari

Dovekie

Seaman Apprentice

coastal waters of Newfoundland and Labrador from C. Race to a little way N of Nain; generally in smaller boats 32' to 13' (inflatable). Offshore to Flemish Cap (Grand Banks) & sometimes elsewhere but this is in larger vessel & as passenger or crew.

Today in Conception Bay, near St. John's, NL - minus 14 C at 08:00 & - 5 when we landed at noon; lots of bull-birds, some dolphins & seals. Last week, 180 odd miles E of here - lots of wind & waves
;- )

I enjoy reading the posts & have learned a lot - Thanks to all who share their time, skills & knowledge.

baja boss

Cadet

I boat on the Ohio River,John T. Myers pool near Evansville,Indiana ORm797.Sometimes I trailer to Kentucky and Barkley and Cumberland lakes in Kentucky or Rend lake in Illinois.

Arima90

Seaman Apprentice

We enjoy boating around Washington's Puget Sound area. Lots to do with numerous islands, fishing spots and good crabing areas.

Pimp Daddy

Cadet

All river runnin' in the St. Mary's river at Sault Ste. Marie both the Canadian side and the American side. So far I prefer to travel on the American side. Everything is so well marked and the channel is bigger to accomodate the big ships. Maybe I'll try to go thru the locks and go out on the big lake this summer.

Dave K.

Chief Petty Officer

lake george, upstate ny