• STREAM

Votes: 24 2.4%
  • OTHER

Votes: 49 4.8%

• Total voters

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander
Re: What body of water do you boat in?

North Atlantic, English Channel and occasionally in Southampton water if I want to play in the inflatable.

scurtis76

Cadet

I generally go out in the ocean as I live 1/4 mile from a ramp into Cape Cod Bay and I worked in fisheries for a bit. I've been all up and down the Hudson(NY), Columbia(OR), and Merrimack(NH) as well as numerous lakes, ponds, streams and rivers all over the country. Some long trips out to the Vineyard and nantucket or offshore out to Stellwagen or Cashes for bottom dwellers. Also use my 16' Camp in local ponds (no bigger than 350 acres) when the dog days of August have the stripers too deep for me to get at.

SC

Summer Fun

Banned

Central ny ,Oneida Lake and the NYS canal:)
oneidalakemasterani.gif

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

coastal waters of Newfoundland and Labrador from C. Race to a little way N of Nain; generally in smaller boats 32' to 13' (inflatable). Offshore to Flemish Cap (Grand Banks) & sometimes elsewhere but this is in larger vessel & as passenger or crew.Today in Conception Bay, near St. John's, NL - minus 14 C at 08:00 & - 5 when we landed at noon; lots of bull-birds, some dolphins & seals. Last week, 180 odd miles E of here - lots of wind & waves ;- )I enjoy reading the posts & have learned a lot - Thanks to all who share their time, skills & knowledge.
You live in a beautiful place - I used to visit on a U.S. Coast Guard Cutter in the early 70s. We would refuel at a pier on the southeast side of the harbor, near a fish processing plant. Playing soccer on the dock with the fishermen was always fun, as was visting the town of St. Johns.

daking639

Recruit

Just found this forum. Looks really great,lots of activity. I've got an Eliminator 236 EagleXp. Spend most of my time on Lake Havasu or Lake Mead. I've been to Lake Powell twice and would love to get back there again. Sometimes will hit Lake Mohave or the Parker strip if the crowds aren't too big.

gene pline

Cadet

I boat on St. Andrews Bay (Panama City,Florida),the ICW and venture out in the Gulf for bottom fishing.Just like living in Paradise.

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander

We enjoy boating around Washington's Puget Sound area. Lots to do with numerous islands, fishing spots and good crabing areas.

How is the sound this time of year? My wife wants to visit my family up there the first week of March... and maybe do a day charter fishing. I'm thinking it's still too cold out for that.

nlain

Commander

I boat in St Catherines Sound, Coastal Ga, inland on the Medway River to my house just East of I95 99% of the time.

Last edited:

GreatRiverDucker

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Dude I don't see any pins when I click on the link.:confused:

88sundowner

Cadet

Lake Champlain as far north as you can go from the NY side...been riding waverunners and on friends boats for quite a few years...purchased my own boat at the end of last season and plan to spend a lot more time out on the lake.

Mike Robinson

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I live on the Queen Charlotte Islands or "Haida Gwaii" as the local first nations call them. These islands are in the North Pacific Ocean off the west coast of British Columbia just south of the Alaska border. There are 2 main islands that combined, are 300 kilometers long north to south and there are about a hundred and fifty smaller islands, mostly scattered along the south east shore.

The west coast is dramatic with steep cliffs and big ocean swells and world class salmon and halibut fishing! We live to fish. From my village of Sandspit it is about an hour run to the west coast through a narrow channel that cannot be transversed on lower tides. We have a tidal range as much as 7.75 meters (26 feet) so running the channel can be like running on a river.

There are only about 5,000 people living here so it's not unusual to be the only boat around, but we have lots of sport fishing lodges that open up in the summer so some of the popular fishing spots can get a little congested. Especially the spots that are relatively protected during less than ideal weather.

What with the price of gas, needing the right tide for the narrows, and the long run, we pick our times to head out to the west side. Fortunately during the summer we have long hours of daylight so we can leave very early in the morning.

Our youngest son will be 2 1/2 this summer and he has always gone with us. He is nuts about fish and I look forward to the day he can handle a rod.

Well I'm starting to ramble off topic so I will cut it off here. I'll just say this is a great forum and I enjoy reading all your posts, maybe I'll see some of you on the water one day!

Mike Robinson

Senior Chief Petty Officer

sorry, duplicate posting

Last edited:

NSBCraig

Lieutenant Commander

The Indian River/ lagoon from Kennedy Space center to St Augustine i.e. the ICW and the ocean

Stepney55

Cadet

We launch our boat at New Buffalo, Michigan on Lake Michigan

daniel2229

Seaman

2830 acre Caesars Creek Lake is only about 12 miles from our home, and we spend most of our time there, although, there are half a dozen lakes similar in size that are 50 miles or less away.

Caesars Creek takes most of the Dayton traffic, and it can get really choppy on the weekends. Fishermen are taking some really nice Muskies in the standing trees and laydowns there. There was even a Musky tournament last summer.

Spent a week at Norris in TN last summer and loved it. Some days we had Shanghai Landing stretch of the lake nearly to ourselves. Beautiful blue green water.

libforlife

Seaman Apprentice

Usually Lake Erie and the Detroit River, i really love going to Traverse City Grand Traverse east bay

I fish and boat the Detroit River, Lake Erie, Lake Huron, Higgins Lake, Houghton Lake, Indian River, Burt Lake, and Mullet Lake.

Man do I love Michigan (during boating season)

ebry710

Ensign

Lake Sonoma, Lake Berryessa and Lake Mendocino in Northern California

TonyD20

Seaman Apprentice

Lake Hopatcong, new Jersey. Jersey's biggest natural lake