• STREAM

Votes: 24 2.4%
  • OTHER

Votes: 49 4.8%

• Total voters

Stingray312

Cadet
Re: What body of water do you boat in?

We run the CT river down to Long Island Sound then its port to block Island and Montouk or starb to Port jeff and NYC

aerospot

Seaman Apprentice

Having lived on the shore of Lake Erie for the past 18 years I've finally bought a boat. The lake is less than one mile from our door and we often visit lakeside parks for picnics and swimming.
I was raised on a small inland lake in Indiana and learned to water ski at a young age. I'm anxious to get back up and show the kids how to wipe-out!:D

frozenokie

Petty Officer 1st Class

Several lakes in Oklahoma Going from favorite and most visited to the least.

1. Ft. Gibson
2. Skiatook
3. Keystone
4. Tenkiller
5. Hudson
6. Eufala
7. Kerr

hazwild

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Cape fear river.ICWW:D

642mx

Lieutenant Commander

The Ohio river is 10 minutes from my house, but I'd rather drive 2 hours to Barkley Lake. :D

DRIFTER_016

Petty Officer 1st Class

I used to run on Lakes Ontario, Erie and Huron, but now I live 3400 miles away from there in the North West Territories. I now live on Great Slave Lake the 11th largest lake in the world!!! It's bigger than Lake Ontario (#14) and Lake Erie (#12). I boat on it the rivers running into it and several smaller lakes within 20 minuites of home. :p
I have also been guiding on Great Bear Lake (#9) for 15 years.
If you look at a map of North America my stomping grounds are the two big lakes north of the 60th parallel. :D
The biggest boating issue I face here is the lakes are frozen from November to June!!! :mad:

But we catch big trout. :)

P7220129.jpg

642mx

Lieutenant Commander

^^^^ Now thats a big fish!

Vanky

Cadet

Seeing as we are getting closer to a summer up here in Winnipeg, Manitoba. We do the small lake thing which vary in size, if you drive an 1 hour to 1.5 hours there are to many lakes to count. We big lakes here but don't hold the same attraction for us plus we a small boat family.

Have a great summer

Vanky

12vMan

Lieutenant Commander

Every lake on the Colorado River Chain and at least a couple hundred miles of the river itself, but Lake Mead is my 'home away from home'; Ocean including sailing the Sea of Cortez and the Pacific side of Baja off Ensenada, S.F. Bay and the Delta, Numerous trips to Catalina; About 10 other various lakes in CA.

BristolBay

Recruit

Bering Sea and Bristol Bay for money, Prince William Sound and Cook Inlet and Gulf of Alaska for fun fishing and the freezer. Halibut, King salmon, Silver salmon, Red salmon, Hooligan.... and Sitka Blacktail deer on the islands in PWS. What an enchanting place. Once had a gray whale ride my bow wave for 2 hours... about 30 foot from my face.

GAboat3r

Cadet

Lake Hartwell, Russell, and Clark Hill...All big "small" lakes, great places to unwind

Norm

zaroba

Petty Officer 3rd Class

hmm...i don't boat anywhere yet. so i'll jsut mark where i plan to boat.

i live near a huge park named Green Lane. but they don't allow gas engines on the lake, so would only go there if i keep the small aluminum boat i have.
i mainly plan to boat at Lake Nockamixon since they allow gas powered boats on the lake.

we normally take yearly trips to Chincoteague, VA and the next time we go i really hope to take the boat down for some exploring and fishing in the bay.

cpubud

Chief Petty Officer

potomac mostly some cheasapeak bay

jjackson

Recruit

Charlotte Harbor, Captiva, Pine Island, The Gulf, and Calossahatchee River. All around Ft. Myers, Fl.

GrindKore

Petty Officer 1st Class

I boat exclusively on lake Erie. My house is 2 miles from the shoreline, and there are 3 boat launch spots with in 10 mile radius.