Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

• Total voters

parrisw

Ensign
Re: Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

Might have to get that hub rebuilt to get rid of that prop slip. That's the only thing I could think of, unless you are getting too much flex out of the prop fins before they finally bite...otherwise the only other thing it could be is cavitation.

Sorry guess I should of been more specific. Its cavitation that's causing it. Not sure why its doing it. The prop is fine, its a stainless prop, no flex, worse when towing a tube, I just installed wedge plates to get more down trim, it wouldn't trim down enough, hoping that'll help.

deltachi82

Recruit

Anyone heard of a Sabre? Just bought this boat and the HIN pops out the manufacture Sabre. Out of business in '83. Here's some pictures. Questions? Comments? Concerns?

http://3t36.zapd.co/. ( link to boat pics)

redfury

Commander

Sorry guess I should of been more specific. Its cavitation that's causing it. Not sure why its doing it. The prop is fine, its a stainless prop, no flex, worse when towing a tube, I just installed wedge plates to get more down trim, it wouldn't trim down enough, hoping that'll help.

Looking at your picture, I'd say you need to lower your motor down one notch. That anti cavitation plate should be almost level with very bottom of the hull ( the top plate ) If you are running an expensive stainless prop, you'll want to fix this soon, because cavitation can literally eat the edges of the prop blades.

TheBlueDrifter

Recruit

Workin on my 1974 Imperial. My first non-jon boat rig. I'd love to join!

parrisw

Ensign

Looking at your picture, I'd say you need to lower your motor down one notch. That anti cavitation plate should be almost level with very bottom of the hull ( the top plate ) If you are running an expensive stainless prop, you'll want to fix this soon, because cavitation can literally eat the edges of the prop blades.

I tried that last year and it did not help any. I put the wedge plates back in and going to try that. The way it is now, the cavatation plate is pretty much level with the bottom of the hull.

Dhopper71

Seaman

Got room in the club for another tri-huller?!? Count me in if so.:cool:

My 1974 Mark Twain 162T -

c464a25f.jpg

5e896aeb.jpg

c0b77522.jpg

PSYKO_Inc

Cadet

I'm in! Just bought my first boat a couple weeks ago. I had been around boats in the past (my dad has had his 16' Ranger bass boat since I was a kid, and my stepdad owned a 23' Sea Ray cuddy for a while), but this is the first one I've owned. It's a '71 Delta 16' Trihull, with a Volvo Penta AQ170A inline six and a 270 drive. All original and seems to be in amazing shape for a 40 year old boat. Already took it out 3 times so far, and have had a blast so far. Already made my first couple noob mistakes...last time I was out I tried to load it onto the trailer in a crosswind/current, managed to first get the port side keel over the guide post and scuff the hull, backed up and tried again and managed to get it between the guide posts this time, and goosed the throttle a little too much which made the center keel slide off the rollers to the right, scuffed the side of the keel on the roller bracket, scuffed the bottom of the keel on a trailer crossmember, and slammed the bow into the bow stop :facepalm: Not a ton of damage but knocked off enough gelcoat and 'glass that I'll be doing some epoxy work on it for peace of mind. Also recently picked up an Eagle Cuda 168 sonar on Craigslist that I'll be installing in the next few days. Future plans are a couple rod holders, downriggers, and possibly a stereo install (already has speakers and an antenna, just need to figure out where to mount the head unit).
174_6643.jpg

174_6644.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo7.jpg

174_6642.jpg

PSYKO_Inc

Cadet

Couple more pics:
174_6640.jpg

174_6646.jpg

Trailer-inflicted damage
SAM_0080.jpg

The tow vehicle; surprisingly a Saturn Vue pulls it quite well
ea0313be.png

Then the other tow vehicle (sans camper shell these days) :D
100_5112.jpg

EDIT: I forgot to ask, are any stickers left?

redfury

Commander

Yes, there are stickers left. I just got a paypal from Daniel [ Dano896] who didn't give me a shipping address, so I'll need that to get them out. Remember to email me @ redfury111@gmail you know the rest with your shipping address. I'll let everyone know when I run out of stickers. I have 18 left from the first run after the 4 spoken for by Daniel. I get notifications about PM's in my email through the site also, and keep my inbox clean, so you can use that too if you'd like.

redfury

Commander

Okay, I've got 7 stickers from the first run left ( YIKES! ) and planned to keep 2 for myself, but since my boat is at least a solid year from being put into service, I can wait to put a set on it. If there is considerable more demand, I'll have my nephew run another set of them for me...that part isn't much of an issue.

littlehero

Cadet

I've posted here before but here's a new pic of my family's 1979 Phantom Mystic mid restore. I'll have the bottom patched up and ready for paint in two more days
WP_000324.jpg

Ontario trihull

Recruit

Here is my submission. She pulls kids all summer long on the tube. Put me in the Trihull club!!

Ontario Canada

Attachments

• IMG_3743.jpg
    IMG_3743.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 0

weekender1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I want in i have 2 tri 's one is a 74 carravelle beracuda IV and the other is a 81 arrowglass. but the help i need is the arrow i got for 500. and about to drop another motor in it the 4cyl the guy pulled do to a cracked block and i am putting in my inline 6cyl has any one on here ever don that? is so please have them get into touch with me.. thank you. Milt

Dan896

Recruit

Yes, there are stickers left. I just got a paypal from Daniel [ Dano896] who didn't give me a shipping address, so I'll need that to get them out. Remember to email me @ redfury111@gmail you know the rest with your shipping address. I'll let everyone know when I run out of stickers. I have 18 left from the first run after the 4 spoken for by Daniel. I get notifications about PM's in my email through the site also, and keep my inbox clean, so you can use that too if you'd like.

Received the stickers today thank you they are great. I'm going to give one to my Dad he has a 1974 T-517C CUSTOM TH Steury boat with an 135 Evinrude Have great memories of the boat last week they took it out and Dad said it still purrs like a kitten 428.jpgView attachment 104189430.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0872.jpg
    IMG_0872.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0861.jpg
    IMG_0861.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 0

spoilsofwar

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Some pictures of the '72 Starcraft TR150 from today after I gave it a bath and some wax:

IMG_20110730_162845.jpg

IMG_20110730_162907.jpg

IMG_20110730_162915.jpg

IMG_20110730_162941.jpg

IMG_20110730_162950.jpg

IMG_20110730_163021.jpg

starcrafter65

Chief Petty Officer

SOW - You can be a rare member of the Starcraft Starmada AND the Tri-Hull club!!!:D

Plus it appears your SC-TH attacts good looking women:cool:

metalwizard

Chief Petty Officer

SO whats it take to be part of this club? other than a tri hull.

wakethedead.jpg

window.jpg

Photo0183-1.jpg

boatint1.jpg

boat2.jpg

DSC01039.jpg

Done a LOT to her so far.. still needs lots of tlc but I am loving it

Hey Everyone And Thanks Ahead Of Time...
Just Sold My 23ft Marathon And You Know How It Goes
"Not Getting Another Boat"
When What Do You Know A Parts Guy Comes Into The Shop And Tells My About His "Old" Boat He Is Selling Because He Has A New One

It's A RTR 1977 15.5 Sea Sprite With A Mercury 650 Outboard... The Boat Is On A Tilt Trailer... Full Covers, All New Two Years Ago... He Has Had It Almost All It's Life And Always Had It Covered

His Main Reason For Selling Is "He Is Too Old To Not Have Power Trim"

Is $1000 Too Much For This Boat?